Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 01-25-04, 06:00 PM
andrew-mindfiremedia

POKER INFO - PROILE - Paul Darden

I just played with Paul at Foxwoods... a great player and a class act
Old 01-25-04, 06:00 PM
jcooper

Wondering if anybody knows how to get in touch with Paul ... would like to talk to him for an article....
Old 01-31-04, 06:00 PM
Dona / Coach D / brstrnr

Will Paul be in Vegas on March 30th at the Reno Hilton. I am going there and would like to meet him.
Old 02-12-04, 06:00 PM
rookie

simply horrible, the guy called a big bet with 45suited versus three over cards, with only a four flush? Come on. Horrible. Stick to the nightclub thing,
Old 02-20-04, 06:00 PM
dollarbills99

great player, 45 suited not a great calll but he was going of of instinct
Old 02-23-04, 06:00 PM
civil66

Not my favorite player but he seems descent. Everyone wants to b*tch about this guy is lucky vs. this one having skill. Well I say Paul is the luckiest of them all.
Old 02-28-04, 06:00 PM
Cracker

Paul Dardin looked like he was high durin wsop
Old 03-03-04, 06:00 PM
dan

Seriously calling on 45 is unreal the guy has balls and knows he needs to make plays like this to win people that say he was an idiot must play only AA, KK, QQ, JJ, or AK
Old 03-03-04, 06:00 PM
dan

this guy is a genius you guys obviously just watch WSOP on ESPN but if you watch him play stud i tell you this he has one braclet and that is just a start
Old 03-09-04, 06:00 PM
howie

Paul is good, but not as good as you guys think. He needs a good hand to win big pots, he doesn't have the instincts to ever be a world champion!
Old 03-17-04, 06:00 PM
Dan

Bitch Please he obviously was the world champion of seven card stud in 2001 dumbass
Old 03-23-04, 06:00 PM
pokerstar18

Paul darden is a great seven card stud player, he still has improvments to make in his hold em game though. I also want to meet paul, hopefully i can go up to vegas for the wsop and meet some of the great players there.
Old 03-25-04, 06:00 PM
Gman

Although I do not agree with Paul's call with the 45s he said he thought the other guy was on a resteal and thus he realized he would only be a 10% underdog, even against AK! (obviously a resteal would not be attempted with a serious pair) And this may be an accurate assessment, you never know. Maybe Haveson had been stealing all day or had been protecting his blind and Paul picked up on it. Paul was, no doubt about it, on a rush as well so maybe that was just a cover up for him to play a pot with a deceptive hand with the momentum and a chance to make a lot of chips if he flopped a hand. If he still stuck with the idea his opponent was restealing it's possible maybe his opponent is on a draw as well right (not flush of course or the call would have been pathetic), so when Paul makes a flush draw he says what the heck and calls since he is already invested. NOTE: I do not like the call, I said that, but I believe these are a couple of reasons Paul MIGHT call--I've seen worse plays.
Old 04-01-04, 06:00 PM
DeuceSeven offsuit

anyway Chris Darden's performance on the WPT was spectacular...he had Chris Bigler running in circles. One of his faults is hes too conservative...rarely will push in all his chips on a bluff...this is strange considering he learned from Ivey...in conclusion I'd like to say the Kangol furry cap he wore at the WPT was hideous..i think all players should be mandated to wear tuxedos (ruffled breast with platinum cufflinks) at all telivised final tables...bring some decor and ambiance to the game...dont wear a darn windbreaker and hat that looks like it was just sat on to the final table like phil hellmuth.
Old 04-03-04, 06:00 PM
queen-bee

well paul...you thought you were just playing poker!...seems that there are a few dumb a**es that think their blind opinion means something....well maybe they do mean something....ignorance perhaps?i'm not sure how anyone can make such negative judgements about somone they don't even know...based on his poker playing? anyway, if your ever in victoria BC, I would love to play poker with you...maybe for dinner wishing you well and all the happiness in what you do take care,tanya
Old 04-05-04, 06:00 PM
Pokerboy

I have no problem with any of the players dress at all. That's one of the things that really sells the tour and it's players. There is no professional decorum. No boring shirt and tie looking all corporate and stuffy. Just regular people playing poker at high stakes. I enjoy watching Helmuth in his jacket and hat just as much as I enjoy watching some of the others in a jacket and tie. Paul brings his own style of play and clothing to the table like the rest of them. Phil Ivey sometimes wears a jacket and shirt. Other times he may be wearing a B-Ball jersey. It's GREAT!! Relax and enjoy the personalities and the great play. Tuxedo's at the final table? Yyyyuuuuuuuck! B-O-R-I-N-G and waaaaaaaaaaaay too conservative for a game that is anything but.
Old 04-21-04, 06:00 PM
Fyrfytr998

Wow! My question is how many of you people talking smack about Paul have your name listed on the column to the left? I only saw one if it was in fact really Lederer. When your name is listed with his, then talk.
Old 05-16-04, 06:00 PM
jackten

played with Darden at Horseshoe Tunica--------tight player, rather intimidating, and why was he sitting 10-20, when a live 200-400 game was eight feet away, short roll??
Old 05-16-04, 06:00 PM
jackten

by the way, I have no illusions about my place in the poker universe, the few times I have had the privilege of sitting with a big time pro, I have let them dominate me, still learning after 20 years. Enjoy all your posts.
Old 05-18-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

could you tell me what glasses Paul is wearing lately while he plays. thanks.e-mail address is [email]pam@uptownvision.com[/email]
Old 05-18-04, 06:00 PM
Raiden Fox

I believe they're Revos...very hip. Send me an email and I will hook you up with a pro-deal. My wife is a sales rep...saack2001@yahoo.com
Old 06-18-04, 06:00 PM
RickJames

Darden is the man. Hold Em isn't even his best game yet he still does much better in Hold Em than any of the losers who are criticizing him for calling with 54s.
Old 07-04-04, 06:00 PM
Sexxybbwnva

Gorgeous Man! Sneaky Player.. Paul if you're reading this e-mail me.. if ya single!
Old 07-19-04, 06:00 PM
fresh

For the people talking about his 54, you dont play the cards you play the players and their moves. If you have a feeling go with it. He's a good player, stop hating
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
The Kidd

hey deuceseven, poker is a game played by regular everyday people..normal everyday people dont dress in suits and ties you idiot! this is poker not some dam beauty pageant you f***ing flamer!!! and by the way, i met paul at the taj last summer and went up to him and shook his hand and let him know that it was an honor to meet him..he even asked what my name was and asked how i was doing at my table and wished me luck on my future endeavors..a true class act..so stop hating..i saw tj cloutier too..man that guy is huge, a beast! he was in a stud tourney tho so i didnt bother him.
Old 08-02-04, 06:00 PM
the truth

An honor to meet Darden? Kidd you got problems. Get off of his nutz - dude plays lo-limit poker all the time. If you lived and played in vegas you would see him all over playing 5/10. Dude got his 15 min of fame last year and people are all on his nutz - hilarious
Old 08-15-04, 06:00 PM
tntizzle

Paul Darden is my favourite player, together with Phil Ivey and Juha Helppi. He plays great poker!
Old 08-17-04, 06:00 PM
pokerstar18

Darden is a class act, he has more than 15 min of fame. Paul Darden plays $75-$150 stud all the time, lucky chances winner, 2002 new england poker classic winner, and a string of second place finishes along with hundreds of other cashses do your research. Although he didnt make a big impact at this year's wsop neither did phil ivey, gus hansen, and other pro's. great player end of story
Old 08-26-04, 06:00 PM
the truth

Do my research??? I see him playing 5/10 all the time - get off his nutz
Old 08-30-04, 06:00 PM
pokerface

Once again displaying your lack of common sense. You might notice, "truth", that Paul has won 1 WSOP bracelet and several other titles. As the gentlemen said. Do your homework before you start opening your mouth. Your claims are completely unfounded. Too easy for you to look up dude. You are making a complete ass out of yourself. So what he plays 5/10. BIIG DEAAL!