Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
BruddahV

Gus Hansen is a poker genius!!! No player can ever put him on a hand!!! If you take away the hole card cameras you would think this guy is always playing pockets or AK, AQ!!! This guy is going to be around for a very long time!!! He reminds me a little of STU UNGAR...BY FAR SECOND TO NONE!!!
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
BruddahV

STU UNGAR...The greatest No-Limit Hold-'Em player EVER!!!
Old 08-01-04, 06:00 PM
your trash man

gus hansen is the best in the world. and not to mention he is the hottest man alive. all you haters can die :-) oh my god he is so good looking.. the reason i watch poker
Hansen below average at best

Hansen the best in the world lol how many braclets does he have?...Thats what i thought not near as many as hellmuth and chan,what kind of idoit calls off there chips with Q10 sounds like varkonyi to me
Kenshin

"I love that they think I'm lucky. I don't mind at all. I mean…let them just think I'm lucky. I think it helps me if, if people think I'm a little bit crazy because there's definitely rationale behind a lot of things I do. They might seem wacky but I'm not totally crazy... just a little bit." Gus
Old 08-08-04, 06:00 PM
Mad Monkey

Gus Hansen is my idol. He plays great. I mean he raises before the flop with junk hands like when he raised with a 6,2 of suit. I love the way he plays
Old 08-08-04, 06:00 PM
dustyjim

I think Gus is a good loose aggressive player, He takes losing as well as he takes winning,You must be willing to lose to give your shelf a good shot at winning. I would think thats why you will see him play a lot of hands. He can play any two cards he is delt and play them well, if he has the chips to play. His aggressive play can be a plus for a tight aggressive player.
Old 08-14-04, 06:00 PM
Haffe

Im not impressed by gus, think he plays very dumb, he really players like a amateur, and we are not gonna talk about his luck..
Old 08-15-04, 06:00 PM
i hate haffe

idiot. is he lucky he won 2 wpt tourneys, placed in the final table like 4-5x. fuckin loser..he'll destroy u. i'll destroy. fuckin the mom on everyone loves raymond is a better poker player than u
PokerFan

Everyone who keeps mentioning "luck" are morons. Luck is, and always will be a part of poker. If you cannot recognize Gus' talent, I want to play poker with you because you clearly don't have a full understanding of the game.
Sas

Gus is just class, the most entertaining player ive ever watched!
poker kid 442

he is the greatest bluffer alive, I would give him my whole stack and 2-7 offsuit and no worries. This guy is a rock who's filthy rich, keep it up gus, i hope i can play you some day. gl
Old 08-17-04, 06:00 PM
Loose-Cannon

Anyone who says Gus is dumb (haffe) is a complete idiot themselves and obviously has no idea how to play poker! You don't become the richest poker player if you arn't the best. He maybe lucky but he knows the game so well and the percentages behind the each hand, a complete champion and the best most exciting player in poker, complete legend!
Linda

I just watched a WPT game the other night where Gus won by playing wild but smart. Amateurs will say he plays stupid but I think he's one of the greatest players in the world. I've seen him play several times and can't wait to see him again...he's such a fresh breeze compared to many other players who never dare to gamble.
tre_shai

I've been watching Gus for a while now, and he's the best!! He has great instincts. He's never afraid to play a hand, no matter what hand he might be holding. And I'm not just saying that because I have a HUGE crush on him either.
Old 08-20-04, 06:00 PM
Jackie/skichick

I just saw him come from behind and masterfully destroy Hoyt Corkins in a Carribean Challenge. Poker is always part luck, but this guy is a true master. In the interest of full disclosure, I also have a crush on him. What a body on that guy.
Old 08-24-04, 06:00 PM
realmenplaygin

He just finished in the money for the 04 main event.
Old 08-27-04, 06:00 PM
Leslie

I've never seen such a great player like Gus, he makes it fun to watch poker. I was never a poker fan now I am.
Old 08-31-04, 06:00 PM
inlovewithgus

is he married...
Old 09-03-04, 06:00 PM
GoneFishing

Anyone who can make a living at backgammon is EXTREMELY talented, and no doubt is quite skilled. The more I play backgammon, the more I am convinced that it is pure luck. Just goes to show how much concentration is needed.
Old 09-07-04, 06:00 PM
monk104

OK who here thinks there good at poker. By good i mean do you have a million+ bankroll and hold 3, not 1 not 2 but 3 WPT titles also do you have the greatest respect from howard lederer, daniel negranu and more top pros. this is what Gus Hanson has i rest my case.No wait i dont i also want to add who thinks live poker is a card game and who thinks its a people game. I think its a people game as a card game to me signifies that you need the best hand to win and in poker its not true, take last night i had picked up a tell on my friend Andy of when he was going to fold and as i was in the SB, him in the BB and when it folded round to me i saw his tell and raised all-in with my 72o and picked up the blind. Gus plays the person.He also knows how to play the flop,turn,river so well that he can get away with his style of play.I also strongly believe you can be lucky and win one wpt title but to win 3 and make another final table now thats skill.Monk.
Old 09-08-04, 06:00 PM
teddy hos-a-felt

anyone watch that legends of poker thing on fox-sports net. In the second round, he got completely lucky...granted, he is a great player but i think he has more luck on his side than just about anyone. do u ever see guys like phil ivey or howard lederer getting this lucky? no! they play the game right and dont make shit bets to get them in trouble. anyways greg raymer is a pussy and i wish he'd get his 3rd heart attack over already
chupe

Everyone says he's lucky, well lets put it this way, the cards flop the same for everyone else, so why is it just luck when Gus hits. Come on people. He plays brilliantly, that's what's great about his game. Nobody at the table ever knows what he has. MASTERFUL!! In a game that's all about reading other people, and finding tells, everyone is guessing when it comes to Gus. I've never seen anyone have an entire table so confused with their play. And that's what makes him the best player. Noone can figure out what he's playing, they guess, and if they guess wrong look out, he's got ya. He's not afraid to throw money in the pot, and for that he has all of my respect. Keep up the good work Gus. And to those who doubt his ability- let me know when you are at a table with him, I'll be sure to watch, point, and laugh when you are broke.
Lyn/ckenney10

TO GUS...I have been watching poker now for about 6 months and am truely fascinated by you Gus. I can go on about what a terrific player you are...but you already know that. All the people who called you lucky, they just don't get it, and that's ok. If they want to see your talent as luck then that's there lose because maybe they can learn something by watching you. However not too many people can play the way you do and succeed at it, that's where you set yourself apart from the rest. There is something about you..I love your smile, the way you carry yourself, your eyes as they brighten up as you are winning, the cute faces you make when you are thinking about you next move or your last move....everything. I am not any kind of poker groupie or any type of groupie for that matter but I would love to meet you Gus...wish you lived in the states. Anyway just wanted to say I think you are great I would LOVE to hear from you (by E-mail)sometime if you ever do that(ckenney10@sbcglobal.net). I'm not just a fan because of your poker skills but I'm a fan because of YOU!
Old 09-09-04, 06:00 PM
pkrgddss77

If no one knows this yet: Gus is in the process of launching an online poker site. Right now it is in it's Beta Testing Phase which means if you download the software, you can play freerolls all day long for real cash prizes that will be transferred to your real money account when the site launches. The best thing - There is no restrictions on the money or how much you can win and periodically Gus Hansen and Erick Lindgren play in the freerolls, so you get a chance to play against the pros so all of you out there that think they can take out him out, there is your shot to try it. I can almost guarantee it won't happen. Good Luck to you though.
Old 09-09-04, 06:00 PM
GreatDanesRock

I love this guy! I learned more about this game from Gus then any player on the tour. I am surprised more do not play like him. He has the table on tilt most of time. No one can tell if he's got a 10 high or pocket Aces!
Old 09-14-04, 06:00 PM
Rick

Wild man, I like his playing style.
Old 09-16-04, 06:00 PM
Donny Don K

GUs is without a doubt one of the best players of all time. He is a master of deception and he's mastered the art of the bluff. Even though he does get lucky but it's poker who doesn't get luckey. He's got my respect and he should have all yours you don't have to hate the player hate the game. It seems to me that everyone who hates him here is just pissed off because they'll never make it and he did. So quit being jealious and give him respect
Old 09-19-04, 06:00 PM
Daisy_If_Udo

I watched Gus play in the Poker Stars Invitational last night. Ok - so he gets lucky - but to get lucky you have to have the balls to make the plays that he does - plain and simple. Guess you could say he has the balls AND THE Nuts to win at this game.
Old 09-21-04, 06:00 PM
ElvishLOTRfan

Hello! I was wondering, does anyone know if he has his own website or anything? THANX!