Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-19-04, 02:12 PM
Administrator

What is the strongest and weakest part of your game?

What is the strongest and weakest part of your game? (Bad game selection, going on tilt, playing bad starting hands, chasing draws too much, not calculating pot odds, can't read other players hands, not being aggressive enough)
Old 09-20-04, 07:04 PM

weakest part of my game

well i would have to say i have 2 very weak parts to my game, i will chase a straight draw and i hardly ever calculate pot odds. i also have a tendency to play bad starting hands but never for more than double the big blind. i think my strongest part of my game is being able to get a good read on 85% of most people.
Old 09-25-04, 10:04 AM

I thinkn the weakest part of my game is my game

(I'm working on it though )
Old 09-28-04, 03:27 PM
Sirespanky

BB Suprise

It seems to me that I nearly always go out on hands I would have never played, but got to see the flop for free (unraised big blind) and something catches my eye. Casing point: I was in a tourney the other day, BB with 56 off. No one raised so I got to see the cards for free. Flop 7-7-8. I've got an open ended str8. There was also a flush draw possibility on the table as well. Checks around, to one player who made a sizable bet, all fold, and it gets to me. I call, figure I'd see the turn. The turn comes a 9. At this point, I figure the potentials: He could have JT, but I doubt hed have made such a bet on the flop with a gut shot. He could have 9-T which is more likely, which now would only give him top pair with another open ended str8 draw. He could be holding a seven, giving him trips. All cases, Id have won. I figure my hands strong and throw my chips in the middle. Sure enough, he had the boat, 7s over 8s. At the end of the hand, I reflected, and of course I instantly wrote it off as a bad beat. However, its playing those hands that should have been mucked in the first place that will lead you down a road of hurt. Watch out for the big blind specials.
Old 09-30-04, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

my game

my first mistake is when i decide to sit down. it usually ambles on drifting up and down around the point i bought in at .then after a couple of hours i might get lucky and win a small pot. this really gets me goin and then im off bluffin like a right bell end untill i have lost what i have won then i opt to play tight again for a while always folding the eventual winner until i get short stacked to fuck and end up rivered like a good un with some chancin bastard goin allin an catchin a 2 on the river to go with his pocket pair. and i may as well have my cock in my hand as i reveal ace king suited. BO SELECTA!
Old 10-11-04, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Getting drunk when I play. My game gets a little too loose, if you know what I mean?
Old 08-27-05, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Angry

Like i am going to tell you and the whole world what my weakness is in playing the game of poker. YEA RIGHT!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 08-27-05, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I just play the cards, wisely, that are delt to me, i don't have to bluff my way into winning pots. My weakness is not betting agressivly into the pot when i have a strong hand after the flop and turn to scare away the a$$holes that are trying to get their way into a straight or a flush.
Old 10-17-05, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Wink

Strong; I like to change up playing style. I will get a good solid hands like top pairs. I will take my time beating trying to get them thinking its a weak hand. Then just beat low, like limping in. Then the next time I may toss some big beats in making them think I trying too bluff. It all depends on the postion and chips in the pot.

Weak; Picking up on players that do the samething.
Old 05-26-08, 02:22 PM

I'm not sure about my strongest, but my weakest without a doubt is. When I'm up alot I get stupid and constantly bet big trying to push pots and buy hands trying to move people out of the hand. Did this yesterday actually. Was up close to 70.00 and ended up only 32.00 in a cash game. I still won but would have won more had I not been so dumb and just continued playing smart.
Old 05-26-08, 07:26 PM
Administrator

was it limit or no-limit cash game?
Old 05-27-08, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin View Post
was it limit or no-limit cash game?
no limit. played last night cash no limit. played very smart and very good. and came out ahead 50.00. Didn't get stupid like the day before.