Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 02-06-05, 06:00 PM
hhopes100

High Hopes was the first private non-profit organization formed in the country to exclusively serve the needs of the head injured. Traumatic head injury is the leading cause of death and disability in people under the age of 35, most accidents occuring in their teen years. Each month we struggle to make ends meet because we are limited by funding. We would be honored and appreciative if you would consider us as one of your charities. Most of our clients were injured as children and we have seen many miraculous improvements. They are taking their first steps and speaking their first words again. We would like to reach out to so many more people but cannot do so without more support. You are welcome to come and visit our facility and see for yourself what we are doing on a daily basis. Pat Boone,s grandson, Ryan Corbin, is a member of the High Hopes family who suffered a traumatic brain injury on June 19,2001. We need the Robin Hood of poker and anyone else to consider this worthy charity. Thank you for any consideration.The High Hopes Staff
Old 02-09-05, 06:00 PM
vampyre

pure skillz
Old 02-10-05, 06:00 PM
suraj churaman XMANRELOADED

Dear Mister Barry ,may God Bless U And Your Family .mr Barry U Have A Heart Of Gold In This World If We Have Few People Like U It Gonna Be A Big Diffrence .fews Days Ago I Saw U On Nbc ,that The Same Superbowl Weekend'i Heard About And Your Generouristy U Were Playing Poker.i Pray For U To Win And Also Pray For Your Family ,i Am From Guyana I Been Living In Ny ,things Been So Tuff With Me ,by The Grace Ofgod, Iam Trying .u Do So Much For For My Country Guyana,i Am So Proud Of U. I Love The Usa ,someday I Wanna Make A Diffrence Just Like U I Wish Everyone A Peice Of Heart Like U Have- Care So Much For Others ,mr Barry U Are My Hero .if There Any Help U Needed In Your Yard Or House ,i Do It For U I Willing To Lend U Any Help I Can, U Are An Angel ,there Is So Much U Say About My Feelings Towards U ,u Are A Great Human Being ,whereever U Go May The Lord Keep U Safe And Your Family .bless U Always ,gave U And Your Family Joy Of Happiness ,my Name Is Suraj I Am Living 111-11-91st Ave Queens Ny 11418. Mister Barry Once More U Are My Hero .may God Bless U Always .also Keep U And Your Family In Good Health, Joy, Love , Make U A Winner Always Whatever U Do . May God Bless U And Your Family .any Help U Needed Physically I Am Willing To Do It For U And Your Family ,i Always Have This Dream To Make A Diffrence In This World ,there Is Bad People Trying To Mess My Life Up ,there So Much I Am Doing Never Able To Be Sucessful ,i Look Toward As An Angel .once More God Bless U Always Also Your Family .
Old 02-11-05, 06:00 PM
Vegas Mike

It was really fall down laughing funny watching the "Dream Crusher" trying to unnerve Barry Greenstein. It was like watching a 5 year old arm wrestle an adult.
Old 02-12-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I could use some charity.
Old 02-13-05, 06:00 PM
Dan

Why don't all of you grow up!! This guy is definitely a class act and deserves to be treated as such and given the respect he well deserves. He has taken his talents and has provided generously to those who are less fortunate. I have never meet Barry and don't need to meet someone to know that they kind and warm hearted. May God Bless him all the good fortune he needs to continue with his unconditional quest of giving...You are generous Barry...Good Luck to you!!
Old 02-15-05, 06:00 PM
d11

First off, to discuss his looks or religion is grotesquely inappropriate. As a player myself I find him very impressive professionally. As a person, regarding what he does with his winnings, whatever his motives are, and regardless of the role of his "ego" in these decisions, just objectively evaluating his acts on the basis of the good they accomplish in this mean world, in this sense: I find him quite extraordinary and terrific, actually sort of a moral super-hero.
Old 02-21-05, 06:00 PM
Anthony Martinenko

When it comes to class Barry is #1 in my books. God bless you Barry for the good things you have done.
Old 02-24-05, 06:00 PM
CHIEFCLERK67

Didn't Know Barry From Bogan Hs (1967) But He's A Great Player And A Class Act Period.why Should People Be Jealous Over His Smart And Thoughtfull Generosity. Go Barry Go.
Old 02-25-05, 06:00 PM
Barry Greenstein

Thanks for all of the posters here who had something mature to contribute. The media is not under my control, and if I had it my way, they wouldn't be making such an issue of my charity donations. Thanks again. Barry Greenstein
Old 02-27-05, 06:00 PM
kyle

way to help the kids
Old 03-14-05, 06:00 PM
Six piece chicken dinner

God Bless you, Mr. Greenstein, for the things you do to help others. It is very refreshing to see people helping others.
Old 03-21-05, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

I agree that our people need charity as much as anyone in the world, we have poor people too. But his good acts are awesome, and his poker play is too. and he's a great guy he mails you back if you ask a question, unlike some pros who say they're too busy, and sometimes they are.
Old 03-25-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He donates his TOURNAMENT winings to charity (not his cash game winnings). Nevertheless, a truly admirable human being, both for his generosity and his incredible skill.
Old 03-29-05, 06:00 PM
Roger

I think some of you guys watch too much MTV or something. You guys are brainwashed about how looks is the most important thing in the world. Anyhow, I abosolutely don't see any problems with his looks. Let's focus on their talents in poker.
Old 03-31-05, 06:00 PM
deeer

is definately the person to cheer for when watching the WPT. Has more integrity and class than anyone in the game.
Old 04-13-05, 06:00 PM
embdar

Is there an e-mail address for Mr. Greenstein?
Old 04-21-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

after watching his piece on fox sports net i admire this guy for someone to quit a silicon valley job before the boom and eventual dot com bust and play poker professionally to pay for his kids medical bills because his company's healthplan is dictating what they will cover takes balls and to think whats going thru his head when hes close to the money in a tournament is more money to my charity while whats going thru my head and about 99.99 percent of the other tournament players is how am i going to spend that money if i cash out long live berry
Old 04-29-05, 06:00 PM
HOVEEDGE

I have watched Mr Greenstein play often, and I consider him not only to be a great man, but the best heads up poker player in the world.
Old 05-02-05, 06:00 PM
lancelillard

Hey Barry you truly are a blessing from God i really enjoyed talking with you.Lance & Nikisha
Old 05-04-05, 06:00 PM
loser

Actually one of the few players I would never disrespect. Brilliant, kind hearted man, and consumate winner.
Old 05-13-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He plays in the biggest cash game in the world and is a winner. What else is there to say ?Can't wait for him to destroy Negreanu in their upcoming heads up game.
Old 05-20-05, 06:00 PM
Hurricane_Ivan

Barry is great person and one heck of a poker player!
Old 05-21-05, 06:00 PM
Tiffany...

Barry is one of the nicest people in the world! He has been generous to me and everyone of us that he sees every week. Don't talk shit because if you knew him...you wouldn't fuckers.
Old 05-24-05, 06:00 PM
Dirk Diggler

Barry is an excellent player and the best cash game player in the world. If you took all the talent of anyone who has ever posted in this room and put it together it wouldn't equal 1/3 of Barry's talent. Barry is an absolute master of the game and he isn't donating his money to charity he is dotating all of you people's money after he rapes you and leaves you broke at the poker table.
Old 05-24-05, 06:00 PM
Kidpoker

Biggest Ego in poker.
Old 06-01-05, 06:00 PM
talbrecht

i want to be barry greenstein, but i talk too much
Old 06-05-05, 06:00 PM
Jerry Seinfeld

What's the deal with this guy? Why's he stealing my look!? I mean if I flattened my hair and shuffled chips, I could get away with autographing "Barry Greenstein"! Can you believe it!?
Old 06-05-05, 06:00 PM
it should be known...

that "Kidpoker" is probably Daniel negreanu. 1-to-1 odds.
Old 06-15-05, 06:00 PM
theelucidator

Dear Mr. Greenstein in a world like today it's very awesome to see intellect mixed with compassion. Thank you for encouraging me to continue to try...