Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
y-u-xyzabc111222

ONLINE POKER - SITE - CheckNRaise

Hi.I'm quite disappointed with Check N raise poker site.Well,first they sholud start a month a go (end of October).Then they postponed at the end of November for tecnical problem???They launch the site last Saturday,and wow,is like a desert!!!No players :-(Also,they are often out of line for tecnical problem (like the whole day of Monday).How I can trust to give to them my money if they have such a trouble?Also,how I can reach the bonus if no players in there?I don't play micro or small limit.Is a shame,cuz them site (checknraise.com),is very well done,told a launch a new way of play poker online,with new features,stuff etc..Honestly I was looking for them,and hoping for a site in the same way of PokerStars a way better (tough is really hard)But hey,is even crappy then DynamitePoker!!! :-( Really, Dynamite tables was a way much better.IMHO,I think too many fishermen in the lake at this point for the poker online business.Too many sites where the daily avg. number of players is not over 30 and play just small and micro limit...how they can survive?
Old 12-01-04, 06:00 PM
AstroHeader

From what I heard they postponed their launch to protect players from any technical issues they were having. 2 bad some people out there can't remember what it wuz like when then first sites came out. They were busted and took money and then lost it. From what I have seen at Checknraise, they have done a pretty damn good job out of the starting gate. So far I have played a number of games for cash and no probs.. I say if anyone can take on the big boys, it might be these guys. I think they just need some time to get the rest of their stuff ready.
Old 12-06-04, 06:00 PM
lovetopolka

DON'T PLAY HERE! They don't have their act together and don't answer e-mails. Do a search on RGP and you'll see multiple incidences of them not allowing cashouts for money deposited!!!
Old 12-08-04, 06:00 PM
No Style

This is the first site I actually believe real pokwer is being played at. I am a pro. I have sent money in to some of the big sites. Same thing happened everytime. It took me at least four deposits before I was "allowed" to win. Built that fourth $50 deposit up to $1000 and then withdrew $500... never won again, tournament or live. Coincidence? I don't know. But here's what I can tell you about Check and Raise Poker. I won a few dollars in their freerolls, parlayed that into $50 and then cashed out. No problem. Now, if you can make money without having sent money in, well tjat just proves it's legit. The deals have been very normal and the outcomes are rational as if in Brock and Mortar. I think once the word gets out this will be THE site for those in the know. Only complajn is that their are not alot of players there now. But the games have been good that I've played in.
Old 12-17-04, 06:00 PM
AKQ4

had problems from the start messed my pc up and they never wanted to know e-mails glad i never deposited stick to sites like betfair
Old 12-20-04, 06:00 PM
the hammer

I really enjoyed my experience on CnR, and thought that the whole freeroll-with-rebuys concept was BRILLIANT! I rebought twice (with Check Points) and ended up placing 3rd. Also, some of my friends have said they had a problem installing Java, but it worked great for me.
Old 12-25-04, 06:00 PM
atour30

From what I heard they postponed their launch to protect players from any technical issues they were having. 2 bad some people out there can't remember what it wuz like when then first sites came out. They were busted and took money and then lost it. From what I have seen at Checknraise, they have done a pretty damn good job out of the starting gate. So far I have played a number of games for cash and no probs.. I say if anyone can take on the big boys, it might be these guys. I think they just need some time to get the rest of their stuff ready.
Old 01-09-05, 06:00 PM
bob

Yeah, well you're a jerk AND a loose player, so why don't you just shut your pie-hole!
Old 01-27-05, 06:00 PM
Poker guy

Only played there once and seems fine. If there were players it would be a lot better because you are limited to what you can do.
Old 01-31-05, 06:00 PM
Jason C

Just surfing around and I found this page. Wow. You all have WAY too much time on your hands. I really like CNRPoker.com. I think it's a great site, and they've been growing quite a bit recently. I also got an e-mail yesterday about a 100% match bonus, which I'm thinking of taking advantage of. That's it.
Old 02-13-05, 06:00 PM
takerdown

Avoid this site like the fucking plague. I guarantee you will win money when you first join, then watch your bankroll slowly disappear if you're not "in". Take your money elsewhere.
Old 03-24-05, 06:00 PM
sisco

Wow, a lot of bitter people here! Do you work for other poker rooms mybe?I really like CNR, only objection would be the number of players which is still very very low
Old 03-31-05, 06:00 PM
Scott

good support, soft games, interesting tournies, lots of freerols but not many players..
Old 04-28-05, 06:00 PM
Richard Hanson/Smokey2/pandr

When players/customers send emails with questions or concerns, it would be nice if you would show a little courtesy and respond to the emails.The data on this page is so outdated. Except for the April 27th post, what relivence do the posts from last December provide? I like playing on this site but the log in has your intrusive pop up ads that are most annoying. Please do away with them and let players log onto the site and find their game. You have a button for news and promotions, Keep it current and you will not need the pop ups.When will you have downloadable software available? I have to go to your main page to play. Sure would be nice to have it on my desktop. I appreciate any responses that I may receive concering my questions.
Old 05-24-05, 06:00 PM
mikejames

i started in the cnr freeroll and won some money i worked it up to $50 at 5/10 cent nl and then to about 500 in 2/4 limit. Easy site to win at but when i tried to cash out they said that my account had been deleteddont waste time here
Old 07-08-05, 06:00 PM
Carey Fugate/mrcarey

I have to say, I loved dynamitepoker for its fairness and immediate responses from the staff. Checknraise was designed with users input and IMHO it has maintained the same honest integrity and fairness as dynamitepoker. Playing at UBET or pokerstars, you tend to see showdowns with 6 or 7 players, all thinking they have the winning hand. Those sites generate hands to keep players in and that means higher rakes. Checknraise is as close to real poker as you can get.
Old 06-02-14, 10:07 AM

Does anyone know if they still have offers for this year? I can't seem to find one online.