Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 01-26-04, 06:00 PM
Dino

POKER INFO - PROILE - Gus Hansen

An extremly amazing player. I was one of the amateurs lucky enough to be in the Poker Stars Cruise and meet this gentlemen. He is the new evolution of poker players who will revolutionize the No Limit game.
Old 01-31-04, 06:00 PM
Kneegrow Please

This clown gets lucky as hell and hes lucky im not there to chop his ass down
Old 02-08-04, 06:00 PM
lauren/laursy/skittleness

i just watched his game the other night. Wow, he's absolutely amazing. I think a lot of it was luck. I guess he's just a lucky guy. He knows how to bluff himself through the game. All i can say is: Talented!!
Old 02-08-04, 06:00 PM
curtom

Without chips Gus is a wreckless player. However, like most good players, WITH chips he is an animal to deal with at the table.
Old 02-09-04, 06:00 PM
PB.

The previous comments that GusĀ“ results are purely based on luck are purely ignorant to the fact that in the long run poker is always a skill game. Gus has won WPT events twice and cleans up in the highest stakes games in the world. He masters reading opponents and the maths of the game close to perfection.
Old 02-16-04, 06:00 PM
zman1979

Very Good Player, Can Handle The Pressure Watches The Table, He Definetly Earns My Respect.
Old 02-19-04, 06:00 PM
Gman

Yes, I must disagree with the accusations that Gus is just, "A lucky guy." He is a master of deception and manipulation, he almost always extracts the maximum and loses the minimum. When Gus raises with junk a guy reraises he can just fold, he has great instincts and isn't easily trapped from what I've seen. IMO it's really amazing he can win tournaments by playing so aggressively! Yeah sure, Gus will outdraw a few guys occasionally but 90% of the time he will be stealing their pots and making them play horribly. Excellent strategy, outstanding execution. A great player to look out for.
Old 02-23-04, 06:00 PM
Jim Wood

Heard he joined the new site pokerchamps.com Gus Hansen
Old 02-24-04, 06:00 PM
BillyTSlim

They called Doyle brunson a lucky guy too!! Enogh said. Keep it up Gus.
Old 02-26-04, 06:00 PM
beener

his luck will run out. he is not a real player
Old 02-28-04, 06:00 PM
NL.

3 WPT titles, not a real player u say beener?! don't be silly!
Old 02-28-04, 06:00 PM
MB.

Gus is just talented period!!!!! He has a great game and a great abiltily to read his opponents.
Old 03-02-04, 06:00 PM
grom

an extrodinare first class player. but take this from me, he is a rager.
Old 03-06-04, 06:00 PM
nicky baby

word grom word. One time he was raging but this cat has got style and i dig that. Dont get caught up in ur bluffs baby and dont call the blinds as much gussy my man.later baby, nicky baby
Old 03-15-04, 06:00 PM
mastaP

this guy is absolutely the same as me, and i am 18 and will take the poker world by storm when when i turn 21. gus' play resembles mine extremely, its almost like he copied me. watch out for mark the sharkus manley.
Old 04-03-04, 06:00 PM
GREAT DANE

looking forward to seeing gus in another final table ,its always better to watch gus play,
Old 04-04-04, 06:00 PM
ac.

wish I could luck out for 3 wpt titles
Old 04-05-04, 06:00 PM
latzie

Hi all did you know that Gus Hansen was one of the best backgammon player in the world before he started playing poker. All You who try to cheat yourself by telling he is lucky wake up this man is a master in no limit holdem and yes it sometimes looks like he is lucky but his skills are very very good he is maybe the best and at the same time most agressive player in the world.
Old 04-08-04, 06:00 PM
Flannerz

Fantastic bluffer of the game, incredibly talented and hes going to go far. Never seen anyone as confident in pushing mass chips into the middle! Good Luck to him!
Old 04-17-04, 06:00 PM
POKER QUEEN

He Is An Awsome And Very Intelligent Player... He Rocks
Old 05-05-04, 06:00 PM
Burt

I saw him make a real bad call in one of those events (he did hit his flush though) where the pot odds most certainly were not favoring him. Having said that, every other hand I saw him play he played brilliantly, so I don't really have an opinion either way on him. It is better t o be too agressive than too tight, and he's certainly very aggressive.
Old 05-09-04, 06:00 PM
joseph

mastaP - don't you mean you play just like HIM. no one can compare to gus hansen.if you call gus hansen a "lucky" player, then you dont know poker at all. He does things no other player or professional would do.
Old 05-18-04, 06:00 PM
Jammer

Just won another WPT event. This guy is sick! No Hon Le, be he's damn good.
Old 05-18-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

hell yea he did jammer, this guy is my favorite player
Old 05-21-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

i could take this guy out, i would check raise all day long on his a**
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
Tina

Gus is phenomenal-I'm his newest fan. We could all learn how to play better poker from him.
Old 05-23-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He plays so bad its unreal. He was drawing nearly dead against Hoyt on the Pokerstars cruise and just kept sucking out. Come on this guy is just running LUCKY. He will never last becuase his luck wont.
Unregistered

I would like to see you take down hoyt with the same hands.
J_RIP

I've seen him win 2/3 WPT titles, he is real good & my favorite player 2btw; on the second day off day 1 on WSOP he's second in chips (more peepz with more chips in first part tho) but I want 2 see him win!
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
black 19

luck is not a issue with winning players in poker. Did he just get lucky when he won two WPT events?