Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 03-19-05, 07:00 PM
Andon

Big time tilt hand

I had been playing solid for about 5 hours builing my stack up to 550. I was sitting on my stack waiting for the right hand to take a good pot from the bad lucky player in seat 3. Finnally I got poket aces I razed to 20 dollers in 3 possision. the flop came Ad 2c 5h. I checked hoping I would induse a pet from the remaining Ace. Well my dream came true the bad lucky player in seat 3 bet out 25 doller. The two player behind him folded and the action came to me. Normally I will only check rase 3 time the origanal bet, but I though the best way to extract money out of this bad player is to make it look like a bluff so I razed to 200. He looked at his card then quikly called. At this point I put him on maybe two pair so I new I had him dominated.
The turn came 5c. This card was a slight scare card because it puts a stait on the bord. But I went with my gut feelling that he had maybe aces up and I thought he would call a large bet. I pushed all in. Sure enough he called with out even thinking about it.
Well he turned up his hand showing Ace of clubs and 8 of clubs I was a little unhappy that my read was wrong and he did have outs and I had him drawing to flush. The river came 7 clubs. I could not believe my eyes. runner runner flush to beat me. Im not upset anymore but I will remember that beat forever but Im not going to play the hand any diffrent.
I just want to know how anyone else would have played it.
look forward to reading your response.
Old 03-19-05, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

thats the most ridiculous story ive ever heard in my life... why do people insist on lying time and time again about hands. A 2 5 on the flop with a 5 hitting the turn... awesome sweet boat man too bad you lost to that flush
Old 03-20-05, 12:07 PM

from what i see.. u got A,2,5,5,7 on board, that makes a boat with pocket aces... maybe u should both stop playing poker, if flushes beat full houses in your game.
Old 03-20-05, 10:15 PM

You should have definitely folded your full house to the straight possibility......

OR you can read what you type before you send it or at least after you send it so you can correct it later. I'm just taking a wild one here, but the turn was probably a 4, not a 5.
Old 03-21-05, 01:43 AM
Andon

Typo

Thanks everyone. I"m stupid your all right I should have never gave my chips away to a flush when I had a full house.
And Thanks your right Locohombre it was a 4c on the turn all I remember is that the turn put a 1 card staight and a two card flush possiblilty on the bord.
(needing only I card for a straight and two cards for a flush)

Just wanted to clear it up. Thanks for being reasonable Locohombre not dumb ass like everyone else that just rags on my typo.
Old 03-21-05, 01:48 AM
Andon

Big time tilt hand

I had been playing solid for about 5 hours builing my stack up to 550. I was sitting on my stack waiting for the right hand to take a good pot from the bad lucky player in seat 3. Finnally I got poket aces I razed to 20 dollers in 3 possision. the flop came Ad 2c 5h. I checked hoping I would induse a pet from the remaining Ace. Well my dream came true the bad lucky player in seat 3 bet out 25 doller. The two player behind him folded and the action came to me. Normally I will only check rase 3 time the origanal bet, but I though the best way to extract money out of this bad player is to make it look like a bluff so I razed to 200. He looked at his card then quikly called. At this point I put him on maybe two pair so I new I had him dominated.
The turn came 4c. This card was a slight scare card because it puts a stait on the bord. But I went with my gut feelling that he had maybe aces up and I thought he would call a large bet. I pushed all in. Sure enough he called with out even thinking about it.
Well he turned up his hand showing Ace of clubs and 8 of clubs I was a little unhappy that my read was wrong and he did have outs and I had him drawing to flush. The river came 7 clubs. I could not believe my eyes. runner runner flush to beat me. Im not upset anymore but I will remember that beat forever but Im not going to play the hand any diffrent.
I just want to know how anyone else would have played it.
look forward to reading your response.
Old 03-21-05, 09:57 AM

If you are ever in Connecticut look me up and I'll make sure we save a seat for you on Friday nite.
Old 03-21-05, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

bad beat? r-r flush? fucking joke 1:21 only
Old 03-21-05, 09:25 PM

LOL! No problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andon
Thanks everyone. I"m stupid your all right I should have never gave my chips away to a flush when I had a full house.
And Thanks your right Locohombre it was a 4c on the turn all I remember is that the turn put a 1 card staight and a two card flush possiblilty on the bord.
(needing only I card for a straight and two cards for a flush)

Just wanted to clear it up. Thanks for being reasonable Locohombre not dumb ass like everyone else that just rags on my typo.