Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

POKER INFO - PROILE - Barry Greenstein

Besides being a great poker player...he has the best HEART in the world!!! Yes I know he is loaded with money, and his winnings is CHUMP CHANGE, but name another player that does what he does??? A True CLASS ACT!!!
Old 06-23-04, 06:00 PM
not ugly

people, anybody who donates a million bucks to charity after a hug win is not ugly. My hat's off to this man. Go Berry!
Old 06-24-04, 06:00 PM
Gman

Barry is a genius about poker and not about poker...not to mention he gives all his money to charity! He is a great role model for all poker players in that he always plays the MAN not the cards and never loses his composure.
Old 07-07-04, 06:00 PM
Daisy_If_Udo

Keep up the good work Barry!
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
A1Artgal

Barry, I've been looking for you as your mother considered me her best friend. I saw you on TV and knew you you were Pearl's son. Please contact me. I think you are great!!! Joan
Old 07-14-04, 06:00 PM
SOME HEW WITH A 150 IQ

Hey Go To Hell With The Antisemitic Remarks And Here A Lil Perpective Im Jewish I Play A The Bellagio Regularly And Half 20-30% Of The Players There Are Jewish Barry Is Prolly #1 In The World So Stop Hating
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
Eric /K

I wish I can play like Gus and donate like Barry
Old 07-18-04, 06:00 PM
katie leung

If you remember a guy named Vince from college, I sugest you try to beat him in poker because he is really getting good. Me, Vince, Clark, and Paul have watched every one of your poker games. Go Barry, Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-04, 06:00 PM
Dan

It's nice to see that this Lurch is running the rest of the Adam's family right out of poker-- P.S.-- can I borrow a few Gs??? Go Get 'em Barry!!
Old 07-27-04, 06:00 PM
pokergirl33

hey barry, i watch you play all the time. i am looking for a mentor/ sponsor to get my poker career off the ground. i am an excellent poker player but know i need to learn more. if you are looking for an opportunity like this please contact me.
Old 08-04-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

i admire him
Old 08-08-04, 06:00 PM
sc2310

Barry just spent 8 days on a medical mission in Guyana; he lent himself as support staff to the doctors. His heart (and talents) are in the right place.
Old 08-09-04, 06:00 PM
Joe L.

To those who have left disparaging remarks: It's obvious to me that you have never met Barry. If, in the future, you ever have the privilege of holding a conversation with him, I guarantee that you will want to take back the completely unprovoked hostile words that you have posted here. Thanks to Barry's generosity, I was able to accompany him (and sc2310) on the aforementioned medical mission. He worked just as hard as anybody else on the team. Time is one thing that money can't buy, and Barry is just as generous with his time as he is with his tournament winnings.
Old 08-10-04, 06:00 PM
Jake & Jaime

Your doing an awesome job!! Keep up the good work. You have certainly earned your angel wings!! Take Care. Your nephew and niece...Jake,Jaime,Skyler & Keith.
Old 08-14-04, 06:00 PM
MOM

I have known Barry since Grade school. He was always a great guy. I was fortunate to be asked to attend a ceremony at our High School this year to see Barry Make a very large donation to the school in Honor of the Fine Math teachers who influenced Barry. He is a very special person.. and an all around NICE Guy..I do hope he has the opportunity to beat the pants off of those whose comments here belong in the gutter.It sure would give me great pleasure to witness that!
Old 08-15-04, 06:00 PM
EDDY/HANDZ OF STONE

Great Poker Player
Old 08-17-04, 06:00 PM
pokerplayer

a class act
Old 08-19-04, 06:00 PM
Artist

Can't stand this guy
Old 08-22-04, 06:00 PM
Poker Kid

The guy is a seasoned vet in poker and is one of the best.
Old 09-04-04, 06:00 PM
yet.net

Barry Greenstein is my idol and may God bless him always and his family.
Old 09-13-04, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

this guy is such a hack, if he wants to give away all his winnings hey he's a better man than I but when he flaunts it and tells the world what he does he just sullies his good acts, i would give some of my winnings, but damn i gotta eat too
Old 09-18-04, 06:00 PM
Fellow Bogan alumnus

...anyone who accuses Barry of "flaunting" his kindness because it has become known that he contributes his tournament winnings to less fortunate children, must be an uneducated, heartless, moron. Besides, what's wrong with our self-indulgent society learning how to care about others by someone's example? He also promotes awareness for "Childrens, Inc.," his charity of choice. PS...what's with everyone's hang up with superficial looks? I'd take Barry any day over a conceited, heartless moron....and no, it's not because of his money....it's because of his heart.
Old 09-18-04, 06:00 PM
MOM

Dear Fellow Bogan Alumnus..EXACTLY.. HIS HEART..I spoke with Barry on his return to US after his visit to Guyana... This visit not poker was what he was all excited about..He spoke about the wonderful doctors who donated their time to help those less fortunate..TV gives Barry the opportunity to PROMOTE Charity work that is why he plays the tournaments..FELLOW ALUM>>>Go BENGALS>>>>PS.. Barrys Intelligence and Wit.. are very attractive..along with that kind heart...
Old 09-23-04, 06:00 PM
pokermessiah

first off the guys not retarted he donates to charity cause its a huge TAX WRITE OFFFFFF!!!!! hes smart with what he does with his money...
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
Yeah

I understand the concept of charity, but a million bucks?...
Old 10-26-04, 06:00 PM
sammy the brick

like i said he wants people to faun over him. does giving make him feel good? probablyit makes most good people feel a sence of goodness but he loves to be totted the robin hood of poker. about him being Jewish, he does look like the propaganda cartoons of Nazi germany i must say.
Old 10-30-04, 06:00 PM
raul

never rubs it in your face when he wins.
Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

He donates all to charity... What a kind man.
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

thats exactly what he wants you to say "oh how kind he is" He's all "ooh look at me I'm making people happyyyy, I'm the happy man from happy land in a gum drop house on lollypop lannnnee."
Old 11-10-04, 06:00 PM
bardov

Barry- I would appreciate if you would contact me. I am in the process of writing about anti-Semitism at Bogan High School. I will not go into details here, but I did know all your family; our parents were friends. My former family name was Barson.