Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 10-15-04, 06:00 PM
wizardofroz

Neither Annie nor Phil deserved to be the final 2, but luck and plenty of help from Greg Raymer's poor calls never hurts. And Phil folding aq with more chips than Chan was incredibly stupid. Annie played real tight and scared early, and it should have bitten her in the a ss. She just kept catching cards when the blinds rose, and people falsely credit that to skill.
Old 10-16-04, 06:00 PM
baggywinkles

Luck is always part of the final equation. There is not a player alive who can win at the top level without it. Some people seem to have more of it than others, and if that makes them champions that's okay too. Annie is fortunate sometimes. If poker was all skill and no luck it would not be as fun as it is. The combination is what makes it alluring. Hey Pal, if hurling will make you feel better, by all means go do it.
Old 10-18-04, 06:00 PM
Gigohead.

Annie Duke was part of a story in Entertainment Weekly (Desparate Housewives on cover) on the popularity of poker and rising stars. She is mentioned by way of her working to improve Ben Affleck's game. Good for her.
Old 10-18-04, 06:00 PM
N Sixx

Some of you need to chill out. Whether she's a bitch or not, barefoot or not doesn't mean jack squat. Most of you (me included) would get your a$$ handed to you if you played head up against her. Face the real world folks, she's a pro earning top dollar, while most of you still play with monopoly money.Outta here.
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

N SIXX.. oh my god.. your right. how much of a fool do i feel now. Of course, people that earn lots of money are obviously great people. PFFF COME ON. Most of the people...no... ALL of the people I know that earn top dollar are complete dicks cos they treat ppl like shit cos they think they are gods when in reality they squat when taking a dump like the rest of us.
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
Matt Hicks/ lil DOYLE/hicks_c_02

props to her on winnging the tournament of champions, the girl has skill
Old 10-23-04, 06:00 PM
biggus dickus

I think Hellmuth is kind of the type of competitor John McEnroe was... the more pissed off and whiny he is, the better he plays. He´s probably the best player around. Although to see him loose always makes me laugh my ass off because of the fact that noone want´s to see a jerk win. Annie is a great player, but i think she owes the victory to Greg Raymer who made a ridiculous call against her and of course the "knock out" of her brother. My spelling might be bad but i´m a swede, so go easy on me...
Old 10-23-04, 06:00 PM
wabbit

She is sexy...so cunning...I admire her ability to stand with the males and no take no S*&T!..go Annie!
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
Whitey

Annie Duke is smokin....I think shes hotter because she plays poker but definitly awesome.....I like to see her beat players I dont like....I dont like when she beats Daniel Negraneu....hes the best
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
BCpokerBoy

I just watched that 10topPlayer 2mill contest wow annie won and yes shes pretty hot.
Old 11-04-04, 06:00 PM
tHe_NeXt_BiG_tHiNg

Annie is amazing. I have to agree also that she is a very beautiful woman. I think the fact that she plays poker, very well, makes her all that sexy.
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
i hate the river

she is cool.and THE BEST FEMALE POKER PLAYER.she may only have 1 bracelet.but she is consistant.very1 loves her.
Old 11-11-04, 06:00 PM
Nightwolf

Annie is definetly a MILF, but she absolutely did not deserve to win the Tourny of Champions. She got lucky over and over, and Raymer for some reason decided to double her up again and again with his poor all-in calls. Hellmuth should have beaten her, except she outflopped him every single hand.
Old 11-14-04, 06:00 PM
billybabe

SHES HOT, im ALL in with her lol
Old 11-15-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

Annie keeps getting better and better at her game. In the end, that will be how she is measured. You guys who want to label her as a bit%$ have this neaderthal attitude that most of society has dropped in the last 20 years. I like the fact that she dropped out of Penn. I hate that school :-)
Old 11-17-04, 06:00 PM
vette man

i meet anne at foxwoods she finished 9th wpt. Nice politeprettier in person.Pleasur to talk with.
Old 11-18-04, 06:00 PM
anglfish/heigert

Annie was brillant in TOC. She, like everyone else who plays poker got some breaks, but for the most part she played exceptionally well. Women do have to work twice as hard to get half the credit of men. Good Job, Annie. You can be my coach, anytime.
Old 11-22-04, 06:00 PM
hey

Your Brother Is Better Than You
Old 11-25-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

ok as far as skill yes shes a very good player. but lets admit it, shes the most annoying person in the world..she whines like a fat kid at a weight loss camp..also as far as looks shes not so hot, jennifer harmon is wayy hotter than her,,
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
Henning

Does anybody know if and when Ms. Duke will be on the cover of NEWSWEEK? She told about a photo shooting when she was on the Larry Grossman Show.
Old 11-27-04, 06:00 PM
imzzbest

would love to see annie in playboy
Old 11-28-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

annie duke in playboy?? ewww evelyn ng yes ..annie duke hell noo..
Old 11-29-04, 06:00 PM
RobertGillesLaPalme

Annie Duke = Annie Hall personnified by Diane Keatonin that Woody Allen s movie. LOL
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
rfirth1600

I have a poker business opportunity I would like to email to Annie Duke.May I have her email address? Rick Firth -deleted-
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
jnoceda

best woman poker of all-time
Old 12-02-04, 06:00 PM
Stud7.

Having met both Annie Duke and Jennifer Harmon in social settings I have found them both to be very friendly, warm and intelligent women. All this vile talk about them in here is not only demeaning to them but uncalled for, rude and disgusting. This is a forum about poker and should be kept to that topic. I readily admit that I said Annie was a MILF and I apologise for that crass comment. Now that I know her calling her a MILF is something I would never say to her face so it really shouldn't be said in here as well. Lets try and keep the comments in here to poker and let's not demean our great game.
Old 12-03-04, 06:00 PM
bora bora

Annie is a terrible poker player that should put her socks and shoes back on and sit on her bum and not her feet. She only wins because nobody takes her seriously.
Old 12-04-04, 06:00 PM
lauren07

Don't talk shit about Annie- she'll kick all your asses in cards anyday and you all know it
Old 12-04-04, 06:00 PM
lauren07

ps--- poker is not all luck, you just suck at it
Old 12-05-04, 06:00 PM
GL.

Note to "bora bora": Why don't you tell all of us how much money YOU'VE won this year? Anything close to Duke's $5 million. Huh? What'd you say, little man?...do I hear whimpering? Yeah, didn't think you rank anywhere.Listen up idiot, if your dick is HALF as small as your brain, you're in BIG trouble with the ladies.