Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-04, 06:00 PM
oli sireinedumonde

POKER INFO - PROILE - Layne Flack

this guy is drunken idiot i heard him ask a guy that in his opinion was to close to him while he was playing some big cash game if i quote"am i some kind of f.....g camel needless to say that the guy who was on is back was embarassed than the guy on the rail reply to him your not a f.....g camel but you sure are a f.....g d... head atta go rail bird
Old 01-29-04, 06:00 PM
t..

layne is the man.
Old 01-30-04, 06:00 PM
obsdian

hes tight and i love his style
Old 01-30-04, 06:00 PM
nanny

oli, your an idiot. If you knew layne at all you'd know that he was probably f'n with the guy that was behind him. Have you ever even talked to Layne?
Old 02-06-04, 06:00 PM
Brenda

Hey Oli, maybe you should judge his poker ability, and not his drinking ability.
Old 02-19-04, 06:00 PM
FrankyDaPit

"It's not what I'm thinking, it's what I think you think I'm thinking...er... you know what I mean?" He is good.
Old 02-25-04, 06:00 PM
teeoff

I have watched layne play this game with superpower guts... I have met layne one time in deadwood SD where i got the privlage to play, A small money tourny. he is a bit loud, but he has the braclets to back up his game......
Old 02-26-04, 06:00 PM
beener

Watched Layne and Mark Seif play $100/200 BLIND Pot Limit at Commerce in LA couple years ago they got $100,000 in a pot where Layne had 9-2 and Mark had A-9, flop was 9-2-x. He's good.
Old 03-05-04, 06:00 PM
Littleton

Grew up with Layne's older brother Lonnie. Taught Layne how to play baseball when he was young. Bright kid. He knows his poker and his life.
Old 03-17-04, 06:00 PM
hellagood

I've seen Layne play I've heard his talk, and he would be nothing had he not had the help from the good ol' Montana boys and Johnny. 9-2-x on the flop and having 9-2 in your hand isn't good play, it's sheer dumb luck.
Old 03-19-04, 06:00 PM
pokermonk

i think the beener was being sarcastic...one of many drawbacks to a poker players skill is his lack of sensitivity and intuition..good luck hellagood
Old 05-10-04, 06:00 PM
Donner

Weird guy, very unstable in the head.
Old 05-10-04, 06:00 PM
SP.

Lucky player but you know what they say... you gotta be good to be lucky and lucky to be good
Old 05-12-04, 06:00 PM
formaica

Hi Layne,So long and thanks for all the fish!I never got to tell you how much I appreciated you speaking with Thor for me. You really did the trick. Thank you. When it comes to nerve-wrecking experiences, I guess you poker players are a hell of a lot more cool:-)Do take care of yourself and even though you guys don't believe in luck - I do! So good luck to you.Sincerely,The norwegian girl with the green trousers, who was crashing in your room in Reno.
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
paul_southwick

Many of you only see the worst in laynes behavior. He is one of the funniest tongue in cheek charecters in the world of poker. Layne is a force at any table and if the rumors you post are true about his personal life, they are still about his life, so back off of him, I have played with him all over montana, and love the way he gets players emotionally involved in the game through banter. Layne is a great player and one of the luckiest people in the game, when he's hitting he is a buzz saw. Give him the respect.
Old 06-09-04, 06:00 PM
Sick and tired

Im sick of ppl confusing someones ability with there personality or personal problems. We are all humans prone to making mistakes im glad that all u ppl ragging layne have such perfect lives and perfect problems. Alot of ppl drink or do drugs for whatever reason but that doesnt mean they are bad or even wrong. Its just different from what you believe or do. If he is a drug addict i hope he gets help if he wants it if he doesnt i say let the man do what makes him happy and tip your hat to him because he has done better in the poker world then most of you ppl bashing him could ever dream to obtain. He has five gold bracelets and i dont think anyone should be able to crack on him unless u have more WSOP bracelets then go ahead and crack away !!!
Old 06-29-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

reminds me abit of jim carey!
Old 07-12-04, 06:00 PM
James

the guy is kind of a **** but there's no denying his skill.
Old 07-25-04, 06:00 PM
casey

I really like Lane he is adgresive player fast the way to play
Old 07-29-04, 06:00 PM
Mark

Layne Flack is an absolute genius. Watch the mans ability in reading his opponents hands. His style is probably the most enjoyable to watch. You should be commenting on his ability to play cards, not his social life. He may or may not have problems, but so did the greatest of them all Mr Stu Unger.
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
REGGIE

Layne Rocks
Old 07-31-04, 06:00 PM
shady

Great player a well as a nice guy. He would give the shirt off his back to someone in need. He will win another tournament by the end of the year.
Old 08-07-04, 06:00 PM
Poker Observer

You can have all the skill in poker, and still lose based on luck, as did Layne Flack in the Pokerstars.com $2 Million + No-Limit Holdem Tournament. He had one of the top chip counts with over $10,000 in chips. Him and another player went in on a flop of three low cards. Lane, with 2 2, made three of a kind with a 2 in the flop and went all in with his $10,000+ chips. The other player called, with a higher pair in the hole, and three of a kind with the flop. Layne was eliminated. Oh darn! hehehe
Old 09-10-04, 06:00 PM
James Graines

Layne is an avid and addicted poker player. I have been in some ring games and in a $500 buy-in tourni in Seattle with him ... he is a fun guy to play with, but, as mentioned earlier, he is loud and easily upset. He does like to drink. He put back 7 beers in about 3 hours of play, it was surprisingly pitiful. Flack does not use illegal drugs, but he is addicted to pain killers.
Old 09-24-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

this guy isnt my favorite player but hes good thats for sure
Old 10-30-04, 06:00 PM
raul

this guy is good but not his poker playing his personality.
Old 11-01-04, 06:00 PM
Theresa

I really like Layne. Not only is he sweet on the eyes but he is the player that got me interested in poker. He is witty, charming, smart, skilled and entertaining. He is probably the best at reading other players. His aggressive style is wonderful to watch. I hope we see much more of Layne Flack.
Old 11-11-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

check the 1st segment of fox championship poker at the plaza - deeb raises in the dark and ngueyen calls, check check, check check, check check, and layne calls both their hands blind without any real information. he's a bit too reckless at times, but u would be too if u had layne's skills. this guy is scary good
Old 11-15-04, 06:00 PM
Mailpurge101

I've played with layne in ring games as well as tournies. I've seen him drunk and I've seen him sober. I've won many tournements myself. A sober layne I can beat, a drunk layne will rule the table. make no mistake, you can love him or hate him, but his style is a winner and he IS a world class player.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

I love how so many attribute Layne's limited success to his drinking. Hmm, by the time he is 40 he'll be like Nick Cage in "Leaving Las Vegas." That's great. Flack has had limited success and has the bankroll to get into a lot of tournaments. But, look at the record. What has he done lately. He was on FSN Poker at the Plaza and looked (and acted) like COrky. This kid needs to go back to Montana, dry out, and get his head together if he wants to make it long term in the poker world.