Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 07-29-05, 06:00 PM
toronto shark

hanson's awesome, cloutier's overrated, but Ungar was the greatest ever
Birgit's

From watching him on television, it seems that Hansen is the man.
Unregistered

Explain why this clown is broke now? Cause he is playing low percentage poker that will make him a LOSER long-term.
JetsFan315

where did u here he was broke?
Old 07-31-05, 06:00 PM
GusTheDaneHansenFan

ya cloutier is overated but u know what, Hanson is gonna be the best dam poker player that there ever is or was or is going to be GUS RULZ THE POKER WORLD
XXkingsterXX

I do respect the way that Gus plays and it works for him and i am a fan, but if his style of play was gonna get you to the top of the poker game and stay there then all the pro's would adopt Hansen's style. Hold em is, longtem, a skill game and when you play with rags and someone calls your then relying on a heap of luck with the flop etc. Even if you have mixed it up like a good one, people will 90% of the time call or re-raise with solid hole cards!!!! Good luck to the lad, cos he's different and different is good in a game where the rules are waiting to be broken! XXkingsterXX
Rubie0604

I just met Gus Hansen at the Bellagio in Vegas, he was playing $4,000 $8,000 dollar blinds. I wanted to meet him, so as he was walking out of the restroom I introduced myself to him, and told him how much of a fan I was. He was super nice, and we had a great conversation, I couldn't believe he was so interested in his fans! What a great Guy! Later on that night, he even stopped by my $4/$8 table to see how I was doing! I was in shock! Gus is Great! And Super nice too!!! I wish him all the best!
Old 08-02-05, 06:00 PM
Me.

Gus Hansen is my favourite poker player! And all you people saying that its all luck, THATS WHAT POKER IS! You never know what your going to get, you just hope for the best!
Old 08-02-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

i realized something about 70% of u r wrong. cause some of u say that hanson is horrible which is wrong, and the other half say that poker is just luck its not, in the long run its skill as chris ferguson put it, during 1 year its about 90% skill 10% luck and during certain hands it could be 99% luck 1% skill, or 99% skill and 1% luck, it pretty much verys from hand to hand. one hand that is 100% skill is when a player bluffs, because u have rags, at least thats what i think
Old 08-03-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Ugly ass MF, looks like a death camp survivor. When he starts flexing the muscles he doesn't have after another one of his "genius" suckouts I have to leave the room and puke my guts.
Old 08-04-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

the post after me saying 70% of u r wrong was not me. the idiot who tried to inpercinate me is an idiot, ur just jealous that i am smarter then u and better then u at poker cause i know percentages and pot odds.
Old 08-06-05, 06:00 PM
tyler moylan/ tylermoylan

Gus is a good player....but even his closes fans must admit...on many, many occasions he will be underdog before the flop...bet big, get called. Be the underdog after the flop, get called. Then on the turn or river he will hit something and take the lead. That is not skill and he does that a lot. If you watch a lot of poker, you will not see many players be sucessfull playing like him. Nobody trys these dumb moves and it will get him knocked out of a tourny early as well. Good player at reading odds..but I must say that he gambles and sometimes hits and sometimes misses. If hes at a final table his luck is on a roll. If not you might hear that he went out in 57th place for a split second before commercial. He takes advantage of the fact that other players wont call crazy bets most of the time when he has nothing, and thats his best skill. Cya online
Old 08-07-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

hey idiot, u have never come in contact with me, and how old r u? all of u just say i am gay, 6th grade little boy? and btw hanson uses the rags with aggression and makes it work and he plays his opponent, he plays 90% of his game against the player and 10% cards. he can adjust to beat almost any1, hes the guy who has won 3 WPT titles, think about it, lets see u do that.
Old 08-07-05, 06:00 PM
getalife

thanks for teaching us how to play like gus jets........and yes you do like to play with 6th grade little boys
Old 08-09-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

let me clarify once and for all, gustav has a unique strategy which he may have gained from backgammon, he plays the player 90% of the time and the cards 10% of the time. Three WPT titles cant be wrong, I, like Gustav have mastered the art of backdooring, I play with little boys 90% of the time which gives me an adavantage in only having to play with myself 10% of the time. Get it?
Old 08-10-05, 06:00 PM
Tom / BugerKingadic

I read that Gus Hanson is broke any truth to that?
Old 08-10-05, 06:00 PM
Justin

Gus is far from broke. He is an amazing player, and those of you who said he's all luck and no skill, really need to pay more attention to his style of play. By being aggressive like he is, he makes the opponent second guess their hand every time. He is an awesome player, and definately a force on the felt.
Old 08-11-05, 06:00 PM
mirandamorrison

gus hansen is the best that you can get!! i love his playing!! hell i love everything about him!!
Old 08-12-05, 06:00 PM
skippy

this guy is a cold calculating genius... it's only to an amateur that his talent appears as "luck".
Old 08-14-05, 06:00 PM
slmg_2006

i would play poker w/ gus anytime just to say i did, win or lose. hell, lets just get the unibomber and the magician in there too. that would be THE best time of my life! If i died the next day, i'd die a very happy girl.
Old 08-14-05, 06:00 PM
slmg_2006

I forgot jesus, gotta have him there too. i watch wpt way too much!
Old 08-15-05, 06:00 PM
Jegerdina

Gus Hansen is a divine player! His ultra-aggressive playstyle combined with exeptional mindreading-skills makes gus a deadly player! be ware...
Old 08-16-05, 06:00 PM
The Joker

Is it fair to assume that Gus either finishes very well in a tournament or bombs out early? Thats what i would think due to his aggressive style of play. He must take a few risks early to build a stack, then intimidate others with junk hands etc. If he makes it to a final table, he's usually the chip leader or close enough. You never see him just limping in as the short-stack. In other words, his tournament record is probably inconsistent unlike someone like Phil Ivey who consistently makes final tables even if he doesnt win many. So i think he gets lucky more often than most to win the handful of titles he has. It's all or nothing for Gus.
Old 08-16-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

is he broke or not anyone?
Old 08-17-05, 06:00 PM
roster

Yes GUS is LUCKY and more than that he has SKILL. He is the evolution of the poker player being able to combine the LUCKY and SKILL aspect of Poker. To prove how great he is I present an excerpt from an article written by STEVE BADGER:Before we get to that though, we have to consider how we can NOT adapt. With a field of over 2500 players, the greatest player in the world, whoever that may be, is very unlikely to win the event in their lifetime, even if they entered fifty times. Poker, including tournament poker, is all about getting the best of it over the long run. But now, while we can still get the best of it on our bets, there is no way at all to ensure any sort of payoff on that within our lifetimes. Long gone are the days when Johnny Chan could best a couple hundred players and win back to back titles and then place second the following year. From this point on, you could do everything right, and never even get close to winning in your lifetime. The long run ain't long enough.Don't get me wrong. Playing in an event like this can have a significant positive expectation for top level players, but it is a bit like being able to get 10,000 to one odds on a $100,000,000 lottery drawing. Great odds, a bet you should definitely make, but still you are likely to lose -- and there is not much you can do about it. Big deal if you study and practice for the next twelve months, and are able to play the 100,000,000 lottery with only 9500 to one odds!To win a No Limit Holdem event with over 2500 players, you need to have played well and gotten extremely lucky, simply because that is the nature of Holdem, but also because that is how a whole generation of players are learning how to play the game -- "I go all-in". Race after race, virtual coin flip after coin flip... even if you play outstanding poker, and regularly get significant edges over your opponents, for example every hand you play you are a 2-1 favorite, to continually not lose requires Alaska-sized loads of luck. This is unavoidable if your opponents force you to commit all your chips or fold. Folding 2-1 edges is not the road to Oz.
Old 08-21-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

how about u guys get a new diss, lets see here all u say is i am gay, a 7 year old can make that diss.
Old 08-23-05, 06:00 PM
Everyone who still plays the big game

dirt broke went from 4k/8k down to 100/200
Old 08-23-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

I am not a man whore. I only like englishcat, him and him alone. He is my soulmate.
Old 08-25-05, 06:00 PM
canadien

Gus is amazing he is the best poker player ever!
Old 08-26-05, 06:00 PM
amazing

gus can play amazing grace using his ass cheeks.something to see i tell ya