Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-01-04, 06:00 PM
Frank Wheeler

Why does one pursue poker as a way of life? My mind never took that turn. For those that win, there are thos that lose. But Gus'thrives on the competition. I think winning is his driving force, to be the bestI think money is not his driving force He is driven by the love of gambling. And he is [email]inscrutable.franko1@cox.net[/email]. I wish there were a way to know his TV schedule in advance. Com'on Gus us the secret. Your personality comes across loud and clear. I like the way you play with the TV cameraman. I would say you enjoy your life to the utmost. Continued good play and good luck. Frank
Old 11-01-04, 06:00 PM
Just a female fan

I think Gus is a wonderful poker player. I admire him in the way he plays. He is not too bad to look at either.....haha! GO GUS! Just a female fan from Oregon
Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

Gus has some steel nads when it comes to NL poker. Very admirable.
Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
DANISHFRIEND

The one who seeks the luck wiil find it. If you have the brain, talent, pation, skills and balls Gus has it all.......If you want to join me in a fanclub write me at: [email]RSKNADK@YAHOO.DK[/email]
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
luckyster

If you are being beaten in a hand and get a lucky draw. Thats called luck dumbasses! And that seems to always happened for Gus. There is a difference between luck and skill. Idiots!!! Stop calling his luck skill!!! You idiots are so dumb! His aggressive style does win him the chips but the luck is what saves him most of the time. I think he made a deal with the devil.
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
hate you all who hate him

The Best The Best The Best.that Tells You All The Truth.well 2nd Best Negreanu Is The Bets,lol,well Anyways Makes Final Tables,wins,invited To Poker Superstars,what Else Can You Do To Be Good People?,are You Nuts?yall Who Say He Sucks Would Last 10 Hands Against Him.u Sitting At A Table With Him Would Make U Peepee Your Underwear.lol Hes No A Respected Pro For Nothun.
Old 11-06-04, 06:00 PM
holdem35

i have enjoyed watching gus and others playin on the tours,i have a question to gus or anyone who cares to answer,i do verry well im most tourneys i play in,however in most i seem to drop most and or all my chips toward the end,any and all comments are welcome [email]holdem35@yahoo.com[/email]
guesswest

i think there is this perception with the way gus plays that he's not doing the math, but if you watch his plays he IS doing complicated math and getting it right - the difference is unlike most players he doesn't seem very concerned with his own hand - he's working out the odds of someone having something that'll beat him, the odds of his opp having a hand that he'd call a 20k raise with, a 200k raise with etc then value betting accordingly - most flops are gonna miss your opp in heads up, he may have junk cards but but its still great value when you can bet your opponents hand odds against them - and another thing, i heard someone say he overbet pot odds on a flush draw, those odds look a lot prettier when you have a plan to win the pot once you miss! i guess basically people say he's lucky because they see him win with poor cards, but aa and 27 look exactly the same when you don't have to turn them over! and gus is a master at winning without a showdown - he's a fantastic player, and i love his crazy neck rolling!
sammy the brick

What the hell can you tell about your opp hand when you have 2 cards in front of you? NOT A DAMN THING. If you have 5 3 off suit you know that he might not have that same hand, it's unlikly but who gives a shit? thats not a great hand anyway? Like I said before he can read people very well but don't tell me he's doing lots of math with the limited info you get from 2 cards. Heads up is a psychological game, you see an ace son board or a pair you raise and take it down because people are afraid, you don't do much math. You think yourself "he didn't raise we're heads up he doesn't have an ace" or "2 7's we're heads up unlikely there is another 7 out, this is far from difficult math. Hansen is lucky and can read people thats the secret of his success, the fact is he's also wreckless and losses more than we see on tv.
Unregistered

He is a very aggressive player and before you call him lucky why don't you watch & pay attention when he doesn't hit the hands and pays heavily. That being said, he wins tournaments consistently hence it's much more than luck.Dangerous player, dangerous & risky style and that's the bottom line. It's a lot harder to play like Gus hansen than Dan harrington. Note that I do consider Action Dan to be the superior player.
Old 11-07-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Guesswest@hotmail I completly agree with you. You actually get it. People who dont' get it..and that is you Sammy the brick..will never understand that so I would not waste anymore energy trying to explain to these idiots..and Sammy if you are such a good player then why you have all this time to be putting all these posts here..why don't you go make some money with your superior poker playing? A lot of people don't understand the way Gus plays, I personally understand him more then any other player. His skill is beyond most people which is why he is such an intelligent player. Have your opinion people but remember it is just an opinion. Luck IS needed for poker but you can't get where Gus has with luck alone. It's just not possible. If he was as bad a player as people here seem to say it would NEVER happen. You guys are just jealous cause he does know how to play and plays it very well AND he is super hot!!!!
Old 11-08-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

The following post is from our friend Sammy the brick aka Sammy the prick..(it's up there dated 11/7) "

Posted by: Sammy the Brick on Nov 07, 2004 - IP=64.12.116.72 shit shit shit all you're saying is shit. What the hell can you tell about your opp hand when you have 2 cards in front of you? NOT A DAMN THING. If you have 5 3 off suit you know that he might not have that same hand, it's unlikly but who gives a shit? thats not a great hand anyway? Like I said before he can read people very well but don't tell me he's doing lots of math with the limited info you get from 2 cards. Heads up is a psychological game, you see an ace son board or a pair you raise and take it down because people are afraid, you don't do much math. You think yourself "he didn't raise we're heads up he doesn't have an ace" or "2 7's we're heads up unlikely there is another 7 out, this is far from difficult math. Hansen is lucky and can read people thats the secret of his success, the fact is he's also wreckless and losses more than we see on tv."

this proves to me he has no idea what he is talking about. Read what he put carefully, he does not understand the game of poker at all. If you understand poker really well and the mathmatics behind it then this post is stupid. I understand why he hates Gus so much cause he does not know how to beat players like him. It's that simple. Oh geez I see an Ace on the board better raise so my opponent will think I have one..stupid..what if you were re-raised Sammy and DID not have an ace? I think you're the one who would get out of the hand running scared. That's what Gus would do to you. Learn the game better.
Old 11-15-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

gus hansen=gus handsome

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

Gus subscribes to the theory that any hole cards can win out on the board. I play a lot of cash games with people who try to emulate Gus by playing every hand. Thank God for Gus since these people are like ATM's for me. What they fail to realize is that post-flop, Gus does actually analyze hands and does not ride every hand to the river. Once again, people are taken in by the fact that WSOP/WPT et al only show the exciting hands and the all-in hands. Sit with Gus at a table on his way to the final table and you'll see an analytical guy who does know how to fold when he doesn't have the best hand. Gus is a great tournament player and decent cash player.
Old 11-22-04, 06:00 PM
richardeum

i used to like the way gus played but now im not really down with his style..too aggressive plays too much garbage...its gonna hurt you gus in the long run
Old 11-24-04, 06:00 PM
chetwin

Gus hansen isnt really that much of an agressive player,he is a loose player pre flop as has been mentioned before.There is a difference between being a loose player and an aggresive one.
Old 11-24-04, 06:00 PM
doxypixie

Just watched show after show of the poker tournament he was a part of and thought he was an amazing player! For all of you who claim that he's just lucky...NO ONE is that lucky. He is one of the eight best poker players in the world. None of those guys are just lucky.
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
Henning

Dear God, please do me a favour. Come back from retirement for just one day, put some extra brain into those people who just have not learned the most important lesson in life: RESPECT. Gus Hansen may not be the overall best poker player in the world, but i think he has deserved a little more respect. What do all these guys get from calling a guy like Gus "just lucky"? Well, I think it has something to do with their childhood, probably daddy was a bad daddy or something. But please, all you disrespectful people, if you want to punish your parents for what they did to you, call them or call 911. And donĀ“t call Gus and other great players "lucky". Thats what they are, no doubt! Because they take the chances to be lucky. That is the difference between them and you. Keep it up, Gus.
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

gus is a wild man and a great player..would hate to see him at my table and i know every pro feels the same way..
Old 12-01-04, 06:00 PM
jegelskerGus

I love Gus, he's SO hot! Dear God, i hope he returns to Denmark soon... Does anybody know were he is in the world at the moment?
Old 12-02-04, 06:00 PM
brill

intimadating and loose: a wicked combination
Old 12-04-04, 06:00 PM
ladyluck

did you all see that gus is one of PEOPLE magazine's sexiest men alive this year?
Old 12-06-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I heard about that. Gus IS very sexy and I am glad he was picked. I LOVE GUS! He's also a great poker player, my favorite!!
Old 12-07-04, 06:00 PM
tre_shai

Oh my goodness ladies!! What is all of this about, "Is Gus single??" Give it a rest all ready. I mean really, no one adores the man more than I do, but ya'll don't stand a chance! Trust me, you're just going to have to be content w/ admiring him from afar!! This room isn't for desperate women looking to hook up. It's for Gus Hansen fans to remind everyone why GUS IS A NL HOLD 'EM GGOODD!!
Old 12-07-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I think everybody knows all that Tre_shai, let the ladies have there fantasies. I also don't think they are desperate women. I don't think Gus would mind he had many female admires.
Old 12-09-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Does anybody know if he has a fanclub?
Old 12-14-04, 06:00 PM
moxieripper

Hey Gus,if You Read These Posts, I Always Root For You And Am Never Let Down. I Am 1/4 Danish From A Family Of Hansens From South Haven, Michigan. Just Wondering If You Know Of Any Family Ties In West Mich. Keep Kickin Ass Esp. "uni-bomber". I Hope He Got Stuck With That Knickname Cause He Seems Cool But The Unibomber Was A Senseless Killer.
Old 12-14-04, 06:00 PM
jmarie

Gus is the bad boy of the WPT. Really enjoyed watching Gus play. Can you recommend any poker schools in the Dallas, TX area? Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 06:00 PM
Will

Gus is selectively aggressive. He chooses his moments, with or without cards, to flex his poker muscles on the table and he is an expert at decieving his opponents with his bets. He also plays as recommended in Doyle Brunson's 'Super System' whereby you often call a bet you know you are behind in with the intent of breaking a player.
Old 12-18-04, 06:00 PM
Nik/Nik/nikman7

Gus's style will make you keep guessing once you believe you had him figured out. Unpredictable and in my eyes the best player in the world.