Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 09-12-05, 06:00 PM
haley

Well, Mr. McManus, I don't know how often you check in on what's been posted, but all I can say is a heartfelt -Thank You!- for the gift that Positively Fifth Street is. It's absolutely one of my all-time faves, enthralling and elegant... and so damn mind-numbingly improbably on its surface. I didn't realize you'd earned yourself a de-facto membership in the Ellix Powers fan club, judging by some of the crap above. Funny. Yeah, he tilted you (for the one hand), but it was tilt-by-contagion caused by a distorted personality. I rather think your other achievements outweigh one loose call. I'd even send a shout-out to the DoppelEllix that's doing all the trash talking, but hey, one hates to reward that sort of immaturity with the attention it so sorely craves. Thanks again. This new transplant to the Chicago 'burbs would love to see a local appearance/signing opportunity posted somewhere, even if my copy of PFS is getting so doggy by now it might not hold the ink. I'm not an autograph chaser, but I'd make an exception here.
Old 09-20-05, 06:00 PM
Great Book You Wrote

Jim, hope you come back to post on this site. i apologize for all the imbeciles that don't know what they are talking about. Keep up the good work. Annie Duke is a bitch.
Old 09-26-05, 06:00 PM
abhorrent1

James, where are you? I need to talk to you about a story I am trying to have published. [email]abhorrent1@hotmail.com[/email]
Old 05-14-06, 06:21 PM

James

Great book (Positively Fifth Street), but i am puzzeled. I have just set the book down on page 320; how did the four of hearts come on fifth street if Hasan held the A4 of hearts? on page 319 "So when the fifth street card-what?-is the-what!-four of hearts."
Old 05-23-06, 09:16 AM

he called me with jack high, jack high ! LOL, this guy is the donkey of all donkeys, heEeeEeee haWwwWwww
Old 10-05-06, 12:04 AM

im 17 years old .we just played toghether pokerstars

i just took you out in poker stars and won the tournament and i just realized you were james mcmanus. I just wanted to let you know im 17 years old and im very serious about playing. I live in vegas and plan to play wsop when im 21. I've been playing just about every day for the past three years. It was a pleasure playing with you. Cheers! ..hopefully we meet again?
Old 07-11-07, 03:57 PM

You crippled me in event #19 when your suited K,9 made a straight on the river against my top two pair, aces and tens. I hated that, but I am loving your book. How did you end up anyway, and are you, or did you, play in the main event?

Last edited by hagosmike; 07-11-07 at 04:09 PM.