Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 05-28-04, 06:00 PM
storpik

Hej Gus din lille fisse, jeg smadre dig i texas når du engang kommer til DK
Dan

You Were Lucky Those Kings Held Up U Twat Your Raises Are So Predictable You Are Not A Card Player And If I See You Flexx Your Muscles Anymore I Will Throw Up
Unregistered

He got fuckin lucky! Are you blind? The guy will never be a winner in the long run. His shit will catch up with him for sure.
Old 05-30-04, 06:00 PM
JSP from Cleveland, Tennessee

Gus, I like your style. I play much like you, but a bit tighter. Just pray you never get hooked up with me and I have the nuts. YOU WILL LOSE!
Old 06-01-04, 06:00 PM
j. coryell / chiastic_slip

everyone gets lucky hands here and there. gus won twice on the wpt....odds are that it was more than luck, but you 1/2 wits refuse to think about odds. instead of ripping on gus's game, rip on his lame-ass muscle-flex celebration.
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
PB.

Those guys who are insulting Gus sound just like the guys who wil say: "oh my god, thats the 10th time you got lucky, keep playing those bad hands and Ill take you out."Guess what - Gus will have robbed your ass som many times you wont have a roll left when you finally get a hand you dare play against him.You are the same guys who thinks no-limit is about playing cards...And you are the same guys who think you could just wait for a hand and call him down...You have no idea on how to play no-limit. Gus does...So before I see any of you take him out. Shut Up!!
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Word, its about playing the players.
Old 06-13-04, 06:00 PM
king

Gus Hansen plays masterfully. He knows exactly when to play junk and lures players in to play lesser hands when he has the nuts. For those who hate on Gus are just jealous they don't have a WPT title under their belt let alone 3.
Old 06-19-04, 06:00 PM
Icecreamman119

As i was reading a lot of people called him lucky. Sometimes that is the case but he puts him self in the postion to be lucky. He is an amazing player.
Old 06-19-04, 06:00 PM
tony.

IM going to put it plain and simple. His skill before flop is pretty good. But his after flop play is simply amazing. Yes he plays any two cards but thats because he can. He can play so well with his hands after flop. If he flops a pair he will usuallyy know if its good or not if its a high or a low pair. He is an amazing player!
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
lil Jon

Gus Hanson best player ever? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT? OK!!!! WHAT...bye
Charlie Murphy

MastaP...I hope i live by you...I need your money!
adde

amazing player. right - with a bankroll you can play aggressive. tight, but aggressive - thats what im sayin dude.
Old 06-21-04, 06:00 PM
jon

Hon Le ran him over last week in Belmont.
Old 06-23-04, 06:00 PM
neo

Gus is my Idol.. if I could be any pro player I would deff be this guy. H eis aggressive, and can read anyone. Lets not fool ourselves and say that he hasent had his lucky days, but show me one player that has not. Bottom line is there are no words to describe the caliber of Gus, but he is one of the greats. His name is listed at the top with Doyle Brunson... IT is easy to talk bad about him, but he is there having fun and winning money and you are here talking bad about him...
Old 06-26-04, 06:00 PM
Sara/bunny/yelofar1604

I think Gus is soo hot! Is he with anyone?
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
Adam

luck is a big part of the game, and how lucky can you get...come on lucky enough to win 3 wpt titles, i dont think so...hes one of the best out there because he likes to take risks that not many people will take.
Old 07-06-04, 06:00 PM
jazzISfun

Just wanted to add that I know for a fact that the guy was a straight-A in math... So I'm thinking, he may be lucky, but he can count his winnings and laugh at all u suckers calling it mere luck!
Old 07-07-04, 06:00 PM
Daisy_If_Udo

GUS Rules!!!! When he plays a 3/7 offsuit and and gets a guy with pocket kings to fold, I literally come up off the couch screaming. He's better than watching the Superbowl!
Old 07-09-04, 06:00 PM
gus-ofir

Du er den største Gus!!!!
Old 07-11-04, 06:00 PM
Jon

Gus is a masterful skillful player. He appears reckless, but he understand the power of a strong bet, and also he plays off his own wild repution which gets him paid off on his big hands. Hopefully others will try to copy him, because I like nothing more than sitting at tables with reckless idiots who are not skillful and masterful
Old 07-12-04, 06:00 PM
Monk104

Some say his a lucky, crazy player. But with all aggressive players as long as they know when to fold as Gus does it works. And he has 2 wpt titles the proff of his ability is right there, you can be lucky once and win one but its very, very lucky to win twice and therefore his wins are down to skill, heart and guts. Monk.
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
Erica/miSs eriCa/LiLtinkAbelLexOx

i love gus! i look up to him when i play texas holdem and im only 15, i love the game and thinks its awesome! when i began to watch the world poker tour, gus was the first one that caught my eye, playing these outrageous hands! i think hes an AMAZING player and will be around for a looooong time =)
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
Eric/ K

aGreSsiVeness at it's bestcome on he made the walk of fame along with brunsonand his so young!
Old 07-19-04, 06:00 PM
Zappa

He's good alright but I have seen him get outrageously lucky a few times, like when he raised with 8 5 offsuit & andy bloch called him & gus flopped a FH, then again, I've seen him get done a few times also.
Old 07-19-04, 06:00 PM
Meatcleaver

Listen all you envious little wanna-be poker players: It's so pathetic to read all you sore loosers write about Gus being lucky. I'll tell you what luck is; it's when ability meets opportunity, that's all. I have known Gus for many years and even played BC against him in Copenhagen, and Gus is a calculator and a great reader of people, that's why he's "lucky"
Old 07-20-04, 06:00 PM
gold digger

gus is good, thats all there is to it.
Old 07-22-04, 06:00 PM
pokerpimp

hell yeah meatcleaver, dunno how calculating gus is. read his profile on wpt. there's a whole method to the madness. he's using backgammon's theory of expectation and applying it to poker. plus he can sense weakness better than any1 its not just about the probability of the cards, but playing the man you freakin idiots. wut good is AA when the flop is 3 7 7 ??? BYATCHEZ!!!
Old 07-22-04, 06:00 PM
pokerpimp

he's been to the wpt final table more than anyone byatchez!!!!
Old 07-24-04, 06:00 PM
Dave Mac In Scotland

You can win maybe 1 title with luck but to make numerous final tables and to win 3 takes great skill, Gus does get some breaks on turn and river cards but you have got to have the balls to be in to win, I get the WPT in Scotland on satelite - fantastic