Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-11-10, 04:17 AM
robert ross

How many tables can/should you play?

Since I am mainly a low-limit player, I like to play multiple tables at once (usually 4). This serves 2 purposes - to increase my overall profit per hour and lower my relative risk. If you play 4 tables of $1/$2, you will have a lower variance than playing 1 table of $4/$8.

Since low-limit games are very mechanical, there is not as much need to read individual players so I don't have to pay attention to any 1 table for too long. It also helps keep my disciplined because if I only play 1 table and I get crappy hands for an hour straight I will be so bored that I will play a marginal hand when I shouldn't.

When someone who previously was calm, makes a bet and have him suddenly begin to shake hands, it is hardly a conscious action. It is also not a bluff. Many people think that shaking hands - that is suspicious and indicates the nervousness associated with the bluff. It is not.
Players who are bluffing tend to rely on the hand, stand still, without betraying his nervousness. They are afraid that they would not "read", and therefore behave in the hands and try not to do anything unusual. It is also not a conscious action - is an instinctive reaction.

Your opponents are conscious when they decide to convince you of something. Usually, their actions take the form opposite to the situation that prevailed in reality. That's why you often can see how the players with an ideal combination, shrug, sigh, or are reluctant to make bets. They try to convince you that you do not have to worry about their maps, but it is a lie.

In short, your first task - to identify whether there was an opponent conscious. And if so, to understand what he is trying to force you to do and disappoint him.

It is more likely that players will act consciously, if they think that you are watching them closely. Consequently, if the player is prone to "replay", you must be very specific to make him understand that you're being watched.

Very often, when I can not see any clues, the player's body movements, it appears as soon as it becomes apparent that I was watching him and thinking what to do next. The more closely I was being watched, the more likely that he would give himself in an unsuccessful attempt to hide the truth.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 06-03-10 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-11-10, 09:07 PM

I usually play 2-3 tables in SnG only. Sometimes, playing many tables at the same time will make you confuse. It may cause you to lose some money
Old 06-28-10, 10:12 PM

True, i only play 1 table. I can't focus enough if i have too many tables on my screen, can't make a good decision when you are focusing on the other tables when you know that you are in a winning streak, but how about the other table?
Old 11-21-10, 04:33 PM

While playing on fulltilt, I used to play 12 fixed limit tables at once, it did increase my profit and playing 12x as much poker kept me much more entertained. If I were playing on pokerstars, which is quite a bit slower than FullTilt, I think I would try to play 16 tables (if there were that many tables open of my limit of choice of course).
Old 11-22-10, 12:31 AM
Administrator

How much did your profits drop?
Were you playing limit or no-limit? I can't understand how people can play like 12 tables of no--limit at once.
Old 01-14-11, 12:33 AM
I would love to be taught by the best there is or I would love to be taught by the best there is or is offline

I am also a 1 table player – I’ll make a total mess of things if I play more than 1 table – I need rto concentrate and I can’t do that if I play more!! Tried doing it a couple of times but wound of losing everything I had so playing just 1 table suits be and I am sticking to that game plan, no matter what!!