Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 08-06-10, 02:51 AM
maikl

How long to get good?

Im at the point where i can sit down and play. But when i comes to hands i have a tought time remembering what beats what sometimes, just cause im new. Well the question that I have is how long will it take me to get good at poker and whats the best ways about doing it?
Old 08-07-10, 11:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to looking 4 a game
2 years or more 2 get really good but people playin poker 4 a long time doesnt mAKE U GOOD U HAVE 2 PRACTICE READING PEOPLE,learn value bets n learn how 2 play ur cards is first...
Old 08-21-10, 11:52 PM

Like he says no set amount of time. Paying attention is youe best asset. Paying attention to players, bets, cards, facial expressions every little bit helps. Experience is what makes you better and studying how people play the game. That is why some of the ggreats started as Poker dealers. They got a free education!
Old 09-08-10, 02:32 AM

Everyone has his or hers own learning curve, hard to say, but it will take a while.
The poker dealer thing doesn't sound to bad, gives you a good chance to observe everything without the tension.
Old 01-04-11, 03:24 AM

2 year or more than 2 will be a perfect. People played poker for a long time ago and they are really good to this.
Old 04-01-11, 05:42 AM

Paying attention to players, bets, cards, facial expressions every little bit helps. Experience is what makes you better and studying how people play the game.
Old 04-01-11, 05:43 AM

Paying attention to players, bets, cards, facial expressions every little bit helps. Experience is what makes you better and studying how people play the game.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 04-01-11 at 09:03 PM.