Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-10, 08:15 AM

Mid level C-bets

Hey all I've been playing SnG's at the 10 and 20$ non turbo level for the past 3-4 years and consistently ranked in the top 10-15 of the BOP, winning it twice. I've always been very successful, and played by my own system which mirrors a couple popular approaches.

Lately, I've been running into a lot of trouble at the 22$ level. I am reluctant to play less than premium hands before the 50bb level, but once blinds reach there I like to become aggressive with almost anything 78s or greater. However, even with premium hands I am running into the same problems over and over:

From whatever position I am raising 3x (unless utg with monsters I'll sometimes 4x), but I am getting tons of hands where guys call me and then re raise the flop no matter what on my c bet, forcing me to let hands go if I don't hit, which is not often with hands like AK/AQ. At the 100bb level these hands cripple my fold equity, where I will go from a 1600 stack to 900-1000 chips just by raising Pre flop and c-betting after. With these guys its never a read, because they just push all in and with A high I can't cripple my stack (especially according to ICM) even if I am on a hunch they have air. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on strategies to eliminate these loose push stations who like to target large multi tablers like me and push any flop where they catch even mid pair. I've tried doing odd straddles so I'm not committing as many chips but still the same results. Any input always appreciated!
Old 06-24-10, 10:16 PM

C-Bets won't work on calling stations.C-bet here tell you if the station hit or not