Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-10, 07:53 PM

Whats the best way of playing Texas Hold'em?

I am just wondering from other people's opinions and experience what is the best way of making a profit from playing on FT?
I currently play $3.25 SnG Turbo 6 handed and find the play down there horrible.. stuff like JQ beating beating my AA and a strong PP getting called all in with 710 suit for it to get a full house.
I am considering starting to play more Tournaments but I would like to know from other people how they made their money..
Many Thanks..
Old 06-18-10, 03:59 AM

Try to play the Freeroll tournament in Ft. You can join for free without paying, yet they still get the chance to take a crack at the cash prizes.
Old 07-30-10, 04:00 PM

I wish I were in the same games you describe...I rarely see horrible calls made, middle to late in tournaments....why would someone call an all-in with 7-10??? I have seen people raise all-in with junk to take advantage of fold equity when they are in late position and are getting close to 10BBs in their stack trying to steal the blinds...hell, I've done that...
Old 08-01-10, 01:21 AM

IF i where you...

wate...there is money in poker? i thought this game was about lossing all your money in one day lol jk it took me 2days lol.

ok pokerStars FT it dont matter its all bad in the Micro to Low cash games, but not as ridiculous as the play money games lol, in fact dont play in playmoney or freerolls. Books like Dan Harrington on Online Cash Games; 6-Max No-Limit Hold 'em is a good start, AND do a poker school, daniel negreanus vtpoker is good if you like small ball poker, hes Power poker books is good too.
Then start to play for money! and then efter you lose a lot study study study more more and more. Save some money and do some Live poker schools like the pokerAcademy/bootcamp all price too. Then start playing Live Cash/tournaments.

oh PS you'll know if your limt is to high whin you lose your buyin and you fill like your going to throwup on your Keybord, and you dont wont to do that its so massy and you can never get it all up. so now you cant make rent or car payment and to top it all off you got to go Bestbuy to buy and new Keybord too. The very cute way to Young for you casher girl is, stairing at you wondering why you look like a pail cancer patient that is lost form the pyic ward as your mumblings to your self J7 off suit J7 off suit J7 off suit lol
Old 08-03-10, 02:55 AM

I'm still playing microlimits, so for me I just order flop and pick the tops.
However, since I'm a HEM user I've decided to try in these days their table selection tool, to decide if in the future might be worth the investment, I'm honestly finding it quite cool with lots of options to personalize selection based on known fish, regulars and the such.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 08-03-10 at 03:24 PM.