Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-15-05, 02:58 PM

Angry poker game robbed!!!!!

this past monday in the northeast part of the country a major poker room was robbed during the busiest time of play. Over $50,000. in cash was stolen from both the HOUSE and the players. The reason of this post is to see if anyone else in the usa has heard of a similar situation. the 3 men were heavily armed and seemed like they were very experienced in this type operation. being that this game and many others are underground it is very hard to file a police report. as we are trying to answer many questions as to how this happened we were wondering if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation. if so please reply ASAP. is it possible that these men are doing this throughout the country??? they for sure had inside info about the game. no one was hurt and that is the most important thing..
Old 12-15-05, 05:19 PM
Administrator

knowing the city would help
Old 12-16-05, 06:59 PM

pittsburgh pa.
Old 12-17-05, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

happened in syosset.. twice.. 2 men with shotguns. club closed down after second time..
Old 12-19-05, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

daro, I don't know what game this happened at, and if it was just a home game or not, but it has happened in the city of Pittsburgh before. I know of two times that a place got held up. these weren't home games, but organized "charity" events that occur all the time. It sounds very similar to one of the hold ups at these events that happened probably last winter. I wasn't at either of the games when it happened, but played those all the time, and know what happened.
Old 12-20-05, 01:02 AM
mike

same thing happened in two games around here i was at one of them both times it was four guys armed with ski masks. As weel they had to have inside information.
Old 12-24-05, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

atl poker

There was a game in atl ga of sugar loaf that got robbed the robbed the smae way. 4 guys armed. they got off with 18k not even having everone empty there pockets no one hurt .poker room was shut down for 3 months the put in extra security camereas buzz in ext. and a armed off duty cop. was open for 2 months then got busted and shut down by police. dont know maybe the same guys ...but doubt it!
Old 12-29-05, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

happend again in long island.. 2 men w/ shotguns in hicksville club
Old 12-31-05, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Cool robbers

I used to play at the game in ATL before it was robbed. To many people in too many areas knew of the game...when people hear of 35 guys in a room with a fist full of cash their criminal mind begins to work. I am sure this is a common crime around the country with poker being so popular. Another robbery toke place in a small town called woodstock GA. Guys with guns..and they took all the cash in the room. I would love to catch one of these guys and kill then slowly with a deck of cards and chips!
Old 01-03-06, 05:05 AM
Unregistered

I am a avid poker player, my suggestion is never play poker, spend hundreds of your hard earn cash, gambling with strangers.
As much as you and me love poker and making a few bucks, only play tournaments with the host you know and very trust.
I play nightly with my poker buddies, and there are the only guys, I pefer to win or lose from. And if we want to play for more money, so be it, we do.
So if you want to avoid a bad situation, just don't play poker with anyone and risk your money.
Old 01-03-07, 07:39 PM

Robbery

The robbery took place at the Italian American Citizens Club on Rodi Road. I frequent that game as well as the other local games. I was not there at the time. I always carry two weapons, a .45 inside the waist band and a 9mm in an ankle holster. I have another 9mm mounted under my steering column and a AR-15 pistol under the seat. It's a brutal world. I always choose a seat so that I face the door so I can draw and fire if the bastards come in the door. It's happened multiple times here in Pittsburgh. Those guys came in firing. I would have taken my best shot. I train weekly. When people come in firing, I am not waiting to see if they only want money.
Old 01-04-07, 02:24 AM
Administrator

damn, there's a script for Rounders 2