Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-27-04, 10:36 PM

I hate getting beat by morons!

So I am playing a 10 man NL hold'em T on Pacific Poker.
2nd Hand-
I get dealt AK offsuit. I raise 100. Two callers. Flop comes AJ5. I bet 54 and one guy folds, one guy calls. Turns gives an 8. Now there is a club and diamond draw so I go all in. The idiot calls. The river gives a 2. What does the guy have? 5 2 offsuit. I am just left shaking my head. Paul
Old 12-28-04, 10:26 AM
Chad

That's exactally why I quit with the internet poker...

I'll get rivered by inside str8 draws and flush draws all the time. I won't even slow play until then. I make huge bets with good hands and idiots call with hands like that. You should play for higher stakes for harder competition.
Old 12-28-04, 11:05 AM

you did get beat by a moron, no denying that. but that was just a flat-out weak bet on the flop. the flop was somewhat coordinated with straight and flush draws and you didnt even bet half the pot, you made a weak bet and a weak player made a bad call because in his mind it was small enough to call. when the turn came a rag and you put him all in (i am assuming its not much more since you start with 800 on pacific tournys) he poorly decided that he would call since he had invested enough already.
you need to make players (especially bad players) pay a premium price to chase their draws.
Old 01-03-05, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

feelin the pain

Not sure why im posting this but I just hope someone, anyone can feel my pain. My usual game is was and wlways will be stud8b but i admit, i am on the holdem bandwagon so i have joined a local NL ring game with $1/$2 blinds. 3 hands in the last 3 weeks have severely damaged my BR. Before is get started..it may look as though i am an all-in guy( u know the guy) i can assure that I am not that man.. I am constantly looking for the biggest edge possible. That being said I a not afraid to play for all of my chips when i feel like i shave someone soundly beaten.

Hand 1
I open from 1st position with KK..it folds around to the cutoff (who has a few less chips than I) he moves all-in..I call..He flips AQ, ok now just dodge three cards.
Flop...K 8 3...turn T...river oh YEAHHHH a fn jack. Wtf just happened.

Hand 2
In BB with KK..2 early limpers..I raise to 5 times BB..first position limper goes all in( the same dude who had the AQ)...I think for moment and put him on JJ..I call...The SOB flips 22
Flop...K 2 3...turn 3...river UH HUH GIVE IT TO ME....@#!#%2

Hand 3

On the button with AK...raise..3 callers..
Flop....A K 7 rainbow....checked to me and i bet 3/4 of pot....1 caller...turn...8 still rainbow....checked to me and i bet 3/4 again leaving me about 5 bucks... the check/caller goes into the tank...he keeps telling me that he thinks im on a steal and he hase the best hand..great exactly what i wanted him to think...finally he says confidently "Ill put u all in". I call immediatley. He shows me QT????????????????????? U had me with Q high???
Any way the Goddamn Js hits the river and im broke again.

Is this normal, did I do something to offend the poker gods. I was well over 90% favorite on each hand after the flop. Especially the first two in which is was over 98%. I know these sound like exaggerations but these are honest to god, stomach churning, brutal bad beats

Sorry about the bad beat stories but i havent slept in a week and really neede to get this off my chest.
Old 01-03-05, 05:19 PM

worst i ever saw

i never post bad beat stories that happened to me so i am going to tell of one that i saw that made me want to cry for the poor sap that lost all his money.

in a 10/20 nl ring game in dallas...Jon has AK of spades with 3K in front of him and Bill has 5 6 of spades with a little over 5K in front of him. Jon raises to 120 from second position, there is two callers including Bill who is in the big blind.

the flop is 9 10 J of spades. Bill leads out with 400$ bet (about pot sized) and it is folded to Jon who decides to reraise 1K and Bill thinks about it for a little while and reraises all in. of course Jon calls immediatly and Bill is about as close to drawing dead as you can without actually drawing dead. Jon is a 99.9% favorite to win right now. Bill said something like "didnt think you had spades!?!?" which made me wonder why someone would raise 1K without the nuts.

the turn is one of the two cards in the deck he needs the 7 of spades. now Jon is a 98.9% favorite to win.

the river is yes you guessed it, i mean this post wouldnt be here if it werent the only card left in the deck to win him the hand...the 8 of spades.
simply amazing 9 of the 13 spades in the deck were in play!!

Jon left and we never saw him again and Bill ended up giving back most of Jon's money to the rest of us that didnt leave. i have been playing cards (all games) for a long time and still have never seen anything close to that.

hope this post makes people realize that internet probably isnt rigged and that bad beats happen in any game...oh and the names are ficticious.
Old 01-03-05, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tender branson
i never post bad beat stories that happened to me so i am going to tell of one that i saw that made me want to cry for the poor sap that lost all his money.

in a 10/20 nl ring game in dallas...Jon has AK of spades with 3K in front of him and Bill has 5 6 of spades with a little over 5K in front of him. Jon raises to 120 from second position, there is two callers including Bill who is in the big blind.

the flop is 9 10 J of spades. Bill leads out with 400$ bet (about pot sized) and it is folded to Jon who decides to reraise 1K and Bill thinks about it for a little while and reraises all in. of course Jon calls immediatly and Bill is about as close to drawing dead as you can without actually drawing dead. Jon is a 99.9% favorite to win right now. Bill said something like "didnt think you had spades!?!?" which made me wonder why someone would raise 1K without the nuts.

the turn is one of the two cards in the deck he needs the 7 of spades. now Jon is a 98.9% favorite to win.

the river is yes you guessed it, i mean this post wouldnt be here if it werent the only card left in the deck to win him the hand...the 8 of spades.
simply amazing 9 of the 13 spades in the deck were in play!!

Jon left and we never saw him again and Bill ended up giving back most of Jon's money to the rest of us that didnt leave. i have been playing cards (all games) for a long time and still have never seen anything close to that.

hope this post makes people realize that internet probably isnt rigged and that bad beats happen in any game...oh and the names are ficticious.
Am I a complete moron? Explain how this would not be a split pot, as the straight flush is on the board? I really hate when people try to give bad beat stories with out thinking them out first.
Old 01-04-05, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

lol, you are absolutly correct. 7 to the j str8 flush is a split pot reguardless if the other guys has the low end.
Old 02-15-05, 01:27 PM
Suited Ace

Angry Idiots can make bad beats in limit too!

This is absolutely true....this actually happened to me. So one snowy friday evening in Chicago....I leave work to go play some $3/$6 at Trump. I get there and I can't help notice the guy sitting in seat 7. He's about 6'4"...250 - 260, built like a tank....football player for sure. I also can't help but notice he's sittling behind about $700 in white chips...the game hadn't been going that long so I know he bought in for that much (Who the hell does that anyway!). So anyway...as the game goes on...I'm watching this guy....he's laughing and joking...can't stop doing chip tricks even though he sucks at them. I'm thinking to myself...this guy is a total dick. I'm trying to keep this concise so I won't go into detail about how I watched him throwing his money away totally misplaying hands...but the point is...he sucked...horribly...I mean he was doing some of the dumbest things I've ever seen in poker(IE betting a pair facing a raise, a re-raise and a cap).

Now...the hand... I get dealt AJ diamonds in late position (one seat from the button)...Mr.$700 limps in UTG... action folds around to me...I raise of course...the button folds...the SB re-raises and the BB calls and Mr. $700 calls...flop comes 3-J-7 two diamonds....SB opens....BB Calls....700 calls...I raise....everyone calls....Turn card: 6 of clubs....checks around to me...I bet...fold, fold Mr.700 calls...(I put him on a weaker diamond draw)river comes...5 of hearts....Mr. 700 checks again with a smug look in his eye...I bet...he raises..In my head I'm like "holy shit" he's either got pocket 5's or pocket 4's...nevertheless I have to call...dealer says "show em'"...what does this dickhead turn over????? J 4 offsuit.....are you serious!! The whole table is like oh my god....I'm just sitting there pissed trying to keep my composure...an older guy asked him what the hell he was thinking playing that, to which he responds " I was just trying to make a donation"

After I heard that it was over...I went on tilt and lost everything...Now I think of Mr 700 every time I see J 4 offsuit.