Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-15-08, 09:32 PM

Multi Sit & Go Tourney with Point System

I need some input. A dude in my area held a multi sit & go tournament where points were awarded based on finish throughout the 3 tourneys, something like say with 20 people - 20 points for 1st, 19 points for 2nd and so on...

Obviously, over the course of the 3 tourneys people accumulate points and the the payout is something like 50% of buy-ins and rebuys for first, 30% of total for 2nd, and 20% for 3rd... Maybe they added like one rebuy for 4th and maybe even 5th.

Has anyone done anything like this? I am wondering how it went? Respond or PM me as well. Thanks.

ken
Old 06-20-08, 01:22 PM

Using a point system is common, but is normally spanned out over a long period of time. It's best used when you play with the same people constantly, and points were given out accordingly.

You run tournaments for a certain amount of time, and whoever has the most points when it is all said and done takes down a big pot that everyone contributed to in the beginning. Also buy ins for each tournament are taken so that along with points won, people make money for placing.

It works.
Old 06-27-08, 03:56 AM

Yeah, this is usually done where say for a set of 10 tournaments you only count your best 4 tournament finishes. That way if someone can only make 6 or 7 of the dates, they can still participate and have a chance of competing.
Old 03-06-09, 12:04 PM

You should check this out - it's a very similar system for your home game whereby your "team" contributes profits to your team bankroll at the end of the night in exchange for points and when you reach your goal (perhaps the $10,000 buyin for the wsop main event) whoever is in the lead takes the bankroll and plays for the team - if he wins anything it is split up according to point percentage. This website allows you to handle everything, for free.

[url]http://www.pokerteambankroll.com[/url]