Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-17-04, 06:56 PM

Rebuy Strategy

What is the best way to play in Rebuy tourneys? I normally play very tight, patient poker and do very well in normal tourneys. I don't seem to do as well in Rebuy tourneys, because when all the crazy players go all in against each other, one of them doubles up, and the other one just buys back in. Should I be more aggressive?

Example Hand:
I had AK with about 1500 chips. I raised it from MP. A 800 stack goes all in. A 4000 stack goes all in, a 1500 stack goes all in. It comes back to me.. and I figure I'm of course against pairs and have far less than 50% chance of winning. In a normal tourney, of course no way do I play this hand. I laid it down, and the players flipped over AQ, AJ, and 99. Surprisingly the AJ won with 4 to a flush. (I would have won with the A of the suit...)

Is that a call I should concider in a rebuy tourney?
Old 11-22-04, 08:55 PM

Hmm... I would have been like, "what the hell is happening?" lol Anyway, maybe you should have considered it if they were all crazy/loose players and you could rebuy. I guess depending on the rebuy ammount and all of that. Anything could have happend that hand really. I probably would have folded also, but you should have considered it.

~Derek
Old 01-17-05, 11:56 AM
Chad

Well, it's simple...

DON'T play in tournaments with re-buys! Re-buys usually don't go to the pot, but to the house. Re-buys were designed to make more money for the house. No other reason! And you know that you will throw more in if you lose. Also, it is total bullshit when you have to knock the same guy out three times to beat him.

If you do play in this kind of game, you should play pretty conservative up until the time that no one else can re-buy.