Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-05, 05:22 PM

inexperienced players

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I played Hold'Em about a year ago, and I am loving it. Everything from watching it to reading about (and of course playing). So far I've only played home games, usually small buy ins, and usually against fairly inexperienced players. I'm no pro, but I find that when I play hands that I should playand I bet them how I should bet them, other more inexperienced players aren't and are increasing their pot size while winning with 10 high or a pair of 3's. Meanwhile, I had a two pair, but the betting represents my hand is beat - and I mean crazy betting. Even bad players get good hands, though, and I can never predict what crazy betting is for a good hand and what crazy betting is for a hand they think is good. I read in a book today that one pro won't even play AQ siuted in an early position at a full table. I play with people who will literally call the big blind with anything just to "see the flop". I usually sit back and watch players get eliminated unless I have a strong hand, because bluffing at a pot is almost impossible (they will call alomost anything). By the time it gets down to me and one other person, that person has gotten lucky,taken advantage of the other bad players, and I am severely short stacked. I guess it just seems like when a table is full of a majority of inexperienced players, all conventional strategy goes out the window. I win my fair share, but lose too often because I'm short stacked in the end to a bad player. I could go on and on, but I think you know what I mean. Any suggestions?