Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > Introduce Yourself
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-13, 02:28 AM
Unconfirmed Email

New MN social club/poker club

I am looking to start up a members only (poker club)/Social club.

I belonged to one in FL and it was Awsome! We played cash game mostly but every once in a while we did tourneys too. Normally had a game Wednesday’s, Friday’s, Saturday’s but some other days too. They had 2 nice tables, food & drink, TV’s stereo you know the whole nine yards.

Things I will have or want to have:

ü Clean, Safe (security), Upscale environment.
ü LCD TV’s to keep up with all your sports or shows. Music if everyone want is.
ü Professional dealers of course. Custom poker tables, comfortable chairs.
ü Food, Snacks and drinks will be available – microwave, toaster oven, curry coffee maker. On busy nights I will order pizza for everyone.
ü As long as everyone is responsible (no drink driving, and over 21). I might have a bar setup... I am planning on having a beer keg & kegerator. At the very least I will provide mixers and members can BYOB
ü For members who refer a new player/member I will pay you $10cash or $10 in chips per each new player.
ü Members choice one things… Maybe the players want to play something other than holdem - H.O.R.S.E., Omaha, stud whatever we will do that. If the interest is there we can hold satellite tournaments to big tournaments like for WSOP, MWPT and so on.
ü I would like to have at very least a indoor smoking room/area With exhaust fans for those who smoke so we don’t have to go outside. If I can and people are ok with it (having a good enough exhaust system so folks can smoke at the table and not bother others who don’t smoke).

********* I will have 2 jack pot’s for the players *********
v 1 being a high hand of the night. This is where $1 comes from the pot and goes into the JP and who ever had the highest hand of that night gets the whole kitty.
v 2 is where $1 is pulled from the pot for a straight flush progressive jackpot – you hit it and win the big one (I have seen them get hit at well over $3000). I hit it twice one for over $2800 and a 2nd at around $1700. It's sure a nice bonus.

I am going to open my own club up here in MN. It will be a nonprofit organization so I can keep making it a better place. I am looking to get some input from the players;

• Where do you think the ideal location would be? In order to be centrally located to the most amount of people? Type of setting IE house, office in a strip mall or ware house space?

• Any other ideas you have.

How many people do you know that would be interested in such a thing?
Old 03-21-13, 06:00 PM

Poker Club

I am in MN and myself and a couple friends would be interested in joining.

Tony Patterson
651-783-2637
Old 03-27-13, 12:32 AM

Sounds interesting. Send me a message and maybe we can talk more about this. I also have some friends who will probably be interested if everything is on the level.