Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-05, 09:40 PM

I played the Main Event

I was very surprised to find out that we had to play 15 1/2 hours on the first day. I made it through but now I see why so many players get massages during their play. My neck was aching from sitting there and holding my arms in a particular position.
You may know that there were three first days and that the plan was to get each day down from 200 tables, to 65. It took the guys from day 1 15 1/2 hours to get there. I played on the second first day, and although we got down to 65 tables after 14 hours, we had to continue playing the same amount of time. We finally got to 62 tables. Day three had to do the same time.
I was 570 in chip stack rank after day one, but after four hours into day two, I was knocked out. I placed 969. No money for that. No handshake. You get up from the table and slink away.
It was fun though. BUT, be prepared to play 15 hours of poker!

Citytom
[url]www.pokerchipsvideo.com[/url]
Old 07-21-05, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

way to go tom, 570 out of 5000 that's a brilliant effort. I'm saving my pennies to get there in a couple of years time, sounds like a dream come true to me. Did you see any of the 'big boys' (or girls)
Old 10-17-05, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Wink

I don't think people know how hard it is to stay just one day, much less get to the final table.

You better have a strong back and good habits or your out. I eat the right foods and run to stay in shape, But its a Maraton to just stay focused on the job at hand.