obsidian

POKER INFO - PROILE - Tony D

hes aight, nuin great
Old 02-12-04, 06:00 PM
Kc KId

He's lousy
Old 02-23-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Yeah he got bluffed with his set of Jokers to Phil Hellmuth who had 7's wired.
Old 03-10-04, 06:00 PM
The dude

He's like Scotty Nguyen but without the Scotty or the Nguyen.
Old 03-15-04, 06:00 PM
Gtycoon

Yeah sure. Im sure u guys could beat him.You probably couldn't drop a pair of twoslet alone trip Jacks.
Old 03-18-04, 06:00 PM
Joe tomey

I would have folded that hand too.
Old 03-18-04, 06:00 PM
Gman

I do not necessarily know how great of a player he is overall considering the fact I only saw about 3-4 hands on that WSOP championship, but his fold was somewhat understandable. I think the thing he was most worried about was probably being outkicked right? A 10 kicker with the pot being THAT big is nothing much really...I probably would have called their but Tony's records speak for themselves. He was at the final table last year and according to Phil (I can't remember the article) Tony lost all of his chips on a beat basically. Tony raised with J10 and Farha flat called with QJ. Tony made two pair on the flop and bet hard all the way to the river where Farha hit a Q and took all of Tony's chips. Give the guy SOMETHING of a break, no player is perfect.
Old 03-24-04, 06:00 PM
Matt

You can't call a guy a moron for folding trips to anyone in that spot, especially a guy like Hellmuth. Tony was worried that Phil had a full house with KJ or had him outkicked with AJ or QJ. It's an understandable laydown, especially when its for all of your chips.
Old 04-15-04, 06:00 PM
Chris

Tony D is a stud, and he's certainly better than all of you.
Old 05-02-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I can't believ he made it to the final table that one year, .... I forgot which one. but that one hand with hellmuth he folded with 3 jacks and hellmuth had nothin. he's really funny tho
Old 05-05-04, 06:00 PM
Burt

I think that was an understandable lay down with Phil considering the re-raise, but you can't be scared at the same time. I couldn't see myself laying that down, but maybe that is because I am not disciplined enough to do so. If I would have been beat I would have paid him off. Overall, he looked like a good player though.
Old 05-11-04, 06:00 PM
jm.

to judge anyones play by one hand is silly)(esp. considering it seemed like a reasonable laydown.) hes been a top player for years just ask anyone whos played him in NL side action.
Old 05-15-04, 06:00 PM
tenjack

I wouldn't piss him off
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
hah

he looks like jet li in that picture.
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
shizz

I cant believe he let Helmuth outplay him in that hand. Phil asked how much he had left and didn't put him in and just raised. What a tell. I would have reraised all-in right then. A very crappy player who gets scared easily.
Old 06-24-04, 06:00 PM
flush80

By the way, Tony D's sister's name is Tammy
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
sportsbettor

dude is good, but how the hell do you fold those three jacks! horrible play to fold in that spot versus such an azz like helmuth.
Old 06-30-04, 06:00 PM
bk

You do not fold trip jacks when Phil Helmuth stands up and asks you how much you got left its just an intinmidation question. Wow
Old 07-03-04, 06:00 PM
Dooces/g_moss00

Of course it was a bad lay down, but it wasn't stupid. It's no limit. You can make a bad read at any time and your tourney is over. If it had been anyone besides Helmuth across from him, I'm sure that Tony would have played. It's kind of bogus when people are judging a guy's play when they only saw 5 hands at that table on t.v. instead of knowing what the other 300 hands they played that day were like. There's a certain level of karma that surrounds a table. Maybe that played a hand in Tony's lay-down. Maybe he caught a couple of bad-beats that weren't televised. Whatever the case may be, I'm sure that all the losers that sit at home and play nickel and dime games think they can stand-in with the big boys and hold their own.I guess it's idiots like that that allow the pro's to make their living playing cards.By the way, someone told me that Tony was from Minneapolis, is that true?
Old 08-14-04, 06:00 PM
smash

just goes to show PHIL HELLMUTH RULES
Old 10-05-04, 06:00 PM
BL.

By now, word has gotten out that ESPN most likely fabricated the hand. I doubt Tony D minds anyway, he probably makes even more money off cash game guys who think they can bluff him out.
Old 10-06-04, 06:00 PM
jomatty

ask the top pros and they will tell you that he is a very strong player. people see him play probably 5 hands (1 of which it seems highly likely was fabricated by espn) and people develop opinions on his play. great side game player.
Old 12-02-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

Folding the trips at the 2003 WSOP was indeed the biggest mistake that i've ever seen in poker. He either did not know what he had or was playing like a ******. You can only play so tight before you are just plain retarded. It was one of the worst folds I've ever seen!
Old 12-02-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

He's probably really good at limit games with that strategy though.
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
LOLOL

you guys are all idiots, the fold of trip jacks was a fake. ESPN edited that shit to make it look like it was a badass bluff. Get your facts stright idiots
Old 02-21-05, 06:00 PM
WTF??

Hand fabrication? A poker conspiracy theory? Next you will tell me that Hellmuth was in the book depository and Tony was on the grassy knoll.
Old 04-17-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Phil made the mistake he put Tony D on a drawing hand like Ace Queen suited. Tony thought for sure Phil knew he had at least three jacks (he did check raise Phil). But anyway Phil misread Tony and reraised, Tony thinking Phil had to know he had three jacks could only fold because Phil was representing Kings. Phil screwed up and got lucky you don't see pros mess up their reads much so its an interesting hand
Old 07-11-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

good player
Old 08-08-05, 06:00 PM
lerinard

folding trips with only one of the cards in your hand, and 2 pair on the board is okay. if he held a pocket pair and got 3 of a kind by hitting the third card on the board, that is a diferent matter
Old 08-25-05, 06:00 PM
boulez

he is anoying, y hate this guu, mr lederer almost beat (with his fists) to this poor player for being so stupid,