Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-09-13, 03:15 AM

stratagem scale of priorities

For us peons (lo-lo-lo, "rogan") who don't get to scrutinize their own revealing tells or their opponents body language imagery from recorded poker shows, and from a completely unbiased, unadulterated view of poker tutelage on TV, who thinks that playing consistently(even when in the midst of a down-turn) brings greater lessons and hard-earned fables of ill-conceived mistakes; or does talking with your peers(I say "your" peers because it's tough to trust random opponents/colleagues in our current skimpy poker sessions) even after the game is over- due to a declining and cutthroat economy of clammed up grinders whom you have no choice but to read between their cunning lines. Which is more valuable to learn about: self-evaluation of failed or successful lines of wagering as well as self-tell spotting by watching tape, just like pro-athletes do when they are not conditioning their bodies, or intra-conversations that can and do provide much equitable third-party insight.
Old 02-14-14, 11:38 AM

I assume that you are talking about playing in a live home game.

1. How are you going to record the game? In most states you have to get all the players' permission to record them. May player would object to a tape being made if you are in a state that does not allow home poker games.

2. If I had a player in my game that had a great tell, I doubt I'd want to let him know about it as it would cost me future pots.