Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-06, 06:08 AM
Unregistered

Hand History

When you suspect that a site is rigged, a simple way to test your theory is to request your handlogs and calculate your odds of winning/losing the hands.

It is imperative that you look at a number of hands - ideally 500-1000. You can then get an idea if statistically you are winning the expected amount.

Obviously you have to be careful and do the math correctly. In addition, you will only be able to calculate for hands that were shown down or where the opponent showed his/her cards.

I did this with Bugsy's Club and found that the numbers were not even close to being accurate. I won more hands than I should with cards that statistically should have lost and lost more with hands that should have won. Of course, even Aces losing to 7,2o proves nothing - that is going to happen sometimes- I again stress that you have to look at a high number of hands to account for normal statistical variation.

This is just my own experience and does not prove anything or even necessarily have statistical validity. So do it yourself and draw your own conclusion.
Old 10-28-06, 04:40 PM
Administrator

What do you consider a "high number of hands?"
Old 07-10-07, 09:31 AM

I have played at Bugsy's Club for over two years and I must agree with Unregistered. There is absolutely nothing random about Bugsy's Club. They used to even acknowledge that they "overcorrected" for the lack of high cards. What this means is that fish calling with Ace trash off-suit know that are going to suck out on you way more often than they should. I won't even go into completely disconected straights, unsuited flushes, and the number of times dominated hands end up winning. It's absurd! Avoid this crummmy and crooked site.
Old 10-24-07, 08:16 AM

I first started playing at Bugsy's in the BBP tournies and league skill tournies. I did very well. I made it to the final table 10 of my first 12 tournies (including 3 wins. However, I seemed to notice a pattern that developed on this site that isn't even close on any other site.
After being knocked out of 3 straight tournies when I had an overpair to the board and someone called with a gut shot straight draw, only to hit it and knock me out.
I noticed, or so it seemed, to have an inordinate amount of flops that were as follows;
789, JQK 234 etc. It also seemed that there was an incredible amount of boards that finished with 4 to a straight or 4 to a flush.
I did some research on 4 different tables at 4 different levels for 100 hands a piece.
Here's what I found. On table 1, 33 out of 100 hands had 4 to a straight. 42 out of the flops were 3 to a straight.
Ok maybe it's just a coincidence.
Table 2- 36 out of 100 hands were 4 to a straight. 44 of them flopped 3 to a straight.
Table 3- 31 out of 100 were 4 to a straight 39 of them flopped 3 to a straight.
Table 4- 40 out of 100 were 4 to a straight and 46 of them flopped 3 to a straight LOL!

So 35% of the time, in 400 hands there was 4 to a straight on the board? After I found this I went to the live help they have and asked why are so many boards 4 to a straight.
The guy immediately responds with "Our RNG is certified by blah blah blah, here's the link"
I told him that link didn't say anything and then he told me to send my findings to some other link.

Anyway, because I had so many BBP's I decided to play at the ring games for BBP's and sit n go's for BBP's.

I played 140 hands at the ring game table and the best hand I saw was A7 off suit.

The first tournament I played in after this, on the first hand I was dealt 88. I raised, I had 3 callers. The flop came Q87. One guy bet into me and I went all in. He called with QJ. The next to cards were J and J. So this guy beat me with runner runner to get a higher full house.

The next tournament I played in (it was later on) I was shortstacked I went all in with 77. I was called by one guy (who called off about 85% of his stack with J9) Flop came 799 turn 9 river A.

Just incredible how I ask a simple question, based on my research and all of a sudden I get bad cards and take really bad beats.
There must be a reason why this site only has about 1,300 players at peak times. Stay away from this crooked ass site.
Old 10-25-07, 12:22 PM

Yep, I went back here to play for BBP's and of course nothing has changed. Last 3 tournies I got knocked out of. I had AA vs AK preflop when the money went in. Flop was AQ2 Turn J River 10, Now the funny thing about this is, I predicted these two cards in the chat before it happened LOL!
Next tourny, I had pocket 8's Flop came Q87. I bet, one guy raises, I go all in, he calls with QJ. Turn J. River J LOL! Finally I'm all in preflop with JJ One guy calls off almost 90% of his stack with 79 (off suit) Flop J 9 9 Turn 9 river A LOL! Yeah, nothing wrong with that software or their "Random" number generator HAHA!
So I was 87% to win with AA vs AK. I was 95% to win with my set vs top pair, and I was 80% to win with my JJ vs 79 (off suit) Yet I lost everyone of these hands. LOL! No wonder I don't play for money online anymore. It's not rigged, or set up, I'm just unlucky LOL! Yeah ok.

Last edited by bad_dog76; 10-25-07 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Missed something
Old 03-16-08, 11:26 AM

THIS IS A SCAM SITE;Bugsy has this big tournament.I win my way in to play for it then they just cancel it.I get nothing back not even my original investment into the satelite.I complained .I had played approx. 75000 hands there.They said 15 to 20 hands looked suspicious that i had folded.They took the rest of my money.Brian the cardroom manager is a thief,liar & a coward.They say in their forum that they dont use props,thats strange i was a prop for them & they have plenty more.Im planning a class action lawsuit against Quadri Holding NV which owns this scam site,so any1 whose money has just disappeared on bugsy please post it.
Old 03-17-08, 03:44 PM

they lost my deposit

I made a small deposit there.I never played a hand ,now i cant get back into my acct.Im glad i found out about this site before i actually started playing there.
Old 03-17-08, 05:48 PM
Administrator

they are a smaller site but they are not a scam - they have been around for a while. Email support and see what is going on.
Old 03-24-08, 07:31 PM

this site might have been ok at 1 time but these smaller sites promise too much to get players & get theirself in financial problems.This site needs to be avoided completely.
Old 03-31-08, 09:40 AM

bugsy

I also propped for this site,they used us to fill in the spots on the 20000 monthly league so they wouldnt have to pay that out.Then they quit paying us because they said we were playing against other props too much.Without props on this site there would be hardly any1 playing.Stay away from this site,it wont be around long.
Old 04-04-08, 11:21 AM

It doesn't matter how long they've been around. They won't be around much longer. Awful site, with terrible game play, awful software and NO ring games or traffic, except in freeroll tournies.

This site BLOWS!
Old 05-03-08, 02:17 AM

bugsy

trust this site as much as u would have trusted bugsy
Old 05-31-09, 08:22 PM

Ya I agree with bluefish about a class action lawsuit againts bugsy club. Close down with out any notice over night! Are funds tranferd to Poker Stars but gotta earn 2500vpps to cash out 500$ what a joke!!! like I should bowdown to stars cause thy are helpin me pfff more like usein the sqweeze move on me to earn back my money...so CORRUPT!!!