Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-29-04, 06:00 PM
pokerprodigy

Ivey is the shizznit and everyone knows it.He plays every hand perfectly and the only thing he can lose to is badluck.
Old 06-30-04, 06:00 PM
bk

He is very unlucky. AQ...
Old 07-01-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I've seen this "cocky" guy with the "bad attitude" signing autographs for rude fans who interrupt inm the middle of the 1500-3000 game @ Bellagio. Have any of you haters played in that game?
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

sure ya did - man get off Ivey's nutz
Old 07-03-04, 06:00 PM
Deepinthecut

Hey , Ivey nutz are so big, Ill never get off of them. GO ivey GO !
Old 07-03-04, 06:00 PM
Dani

ok u guys are just so gay... Phil is a really good player just like every one else on the tour.. and one huge part of poker is luck and having some doesn't make u any worse of a player than those with no luck... just get the frick over it!
Old 07-05-04, 06:00 PM
bobjoe

Phil rocks i wish i could send him a letter
EdisonHighAlum

Phil sat infront of me in high school homeroom and was so lazy. Now he is a millionaire and I am the lazy bastard.
BradB

Phil,It's a good thing you gave up basketball for poker. I knew that beating you day after day in my driveway would somehow help you in life, LOL. Good luck man, we were all talking about you at an alumni golf outing recently and wishing you well. BB
Old 07-08-04, 06:00 PM
Drue

This guy got me into poker. Just a great player. You better have good cards playing this guy. All of you guys here think your the best damn players in the world and this guy would kick your ass.
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
philivey

I love how some people here think they can read Ivey when most pros, who play poker for a living, can't even read the guy.
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
Kevin

Phil was from NJ not Cali
Old 07-14-04, 06:00 PM
yOuRMOther

Turning Stone Champion. This guy is the real deal!
Poker Pat

That was a great tournament from Turning Stone. I stayed up till like 3 in the morning watching it. The first ever live poker broadcast in the US...I hope Espn considers showing the WSOP live next year
BotchyDud

The tournament is too large scale to be shown live... with the technology we have so far anyway. Hopefully WSOP will be a live event at some point in the forseeable future, but for now, you will have to settle for just taped episodes of it.
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
TIMES EVENTS POKER TOURNAMENT

PHIL IVEY AND CHRIS MONEYMAKER YOUR PRESENCE IS GREATLY REQUESTEDIN BALTIMORE MARYLAND AT THE 1ST $10000 POKER TOURNAMENT ON AUGUST 14 HOTEL ACCOMMODATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR BOTH OF YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME @ [email]SHALANDA.NIX@RADISSON.COM[/email] OR CHECK OUT [url]WWW.TIMESEVENTS[/url] TO REGISTER. ALL POKER PLAYERS ARE WELCOME TO REGISTER
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

and phil ivey is totally awesome. sorry phil but never play the ace-queen again because you will run into pocket kings like kirills. you are still the best tho
Old 07-19-04, 06:00 PM
just another oreo

Bunch of racist, you can't even keep a poker post strictly poker, you are so intimidated and mad that another black man is taking over another one of your sports that it turns into name calling. Look past that and see a great player who just took down the live tourney at turning stone. If you don't agree fine, thats your opinion but don't bring color in this. Get an education.
Old 07-21-04, 06:00 PM
Jay T.

I saw when Phil Ivey won the poker championship at Turning Stone. He looked pretty serious the whole time. Ivey is one of the top players in the world.
Old 07-21-04, 06:00 PM
tHe___WiZ on party poker

Does anyone know what the ids are for any pros that playon online poker sites? Whoever doubts the skill of Ivey is a moron.
Old 07-22-04, 06:00 PM
Chuck Rock

One of the few players I wouldn't want to play against
Old 07-25-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He's a great player but a lot of you guys are losers and suck ups.
Old 07-25-04, 06:00 PM
TheCamel

I dont get it. Why does looking like Tiger Woods make him the "Tiger Woods" of poker? Tiger has one nine majors and is the best golfer alive. Phil Ivey has never won the big one.
Old 07-26-04, 06:00 PM
the guy

Phill Ivey is one of the best. Not the best, just one of 'em. When you get to that level of the game, where you are constantly at final tables its really hard to say who's really better. I mean no body would seriously say that money maker is better than Chan, but he bounced him out of the WSOP. In any event you have to repsect ivey none the less. I mean the guy is toatally ice at the table. He doesn't respond at all. I've seen him lose 500K pots with the same reaction as winning them. That's why he's my favorite pro, the guy has ice water in his veins.
Old 08-01-04, 06:00 PM
Johnny Chan

"Oh I'm in bad shape...Throw a duece out there dealer"
Old 08-02-04, 06:00 PM
the voice of reason

this guy starts laying aq down at final tables, he'll win more than one wsop by the end of his poker career. Count the times he's gone out on AQ on t.v. coverage the past year. It's called the Brunson for a reason, and its not that its a lucky couple of cards like 10-2. AQ means your opponent has big slick kings queens or aces 50% when you make a preflop move allin with it. Best young player in the game, once he holds out for big slick at those final tables, he'll be wearing championship bracelets on his ankles, because there won't be any room on either arm.... Best of luck to you Phil
Old 08-03-04, 06:00 PM
Ryan

I think Phil surgically had the muscles required to smile removed.
Old 08-03-04, 06:00 PM
slamdunk

phil is by far my favorite player
Old 08-05-04, 06:00 PM
PokrStudent

Thought you were going to go all the way in 2004...2005 is gonna be your year...I got money on that!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-04, 06:00 PM
smash

ivey seems to be liked by all, including me, hes a great poker player and has class