Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-05-04, 06:00 PM
dba

Ratings is the only smart dude to post, the rest of you idiots are all talk. He was there the rest of you were not, end of discussion.
Old 05-05-04, 06:00 PM
Burt

You people who bash him are ridiculous. Everyone who has ever won one of these events has gotten lucky at some point. The "Ivey" hand was a bad beat for Moneymaker on the turn to begin with, so that's justice in my opinion. I'm not saying he's as good as the top pros, he did get real lucky, but he did not play BAD. The bluff on Farha was great, and so was the call on Boyd (I know I would have mucked that one, but he put him on a hand and stuck to his guns). I'm fairly confident that he will never win this event again, but who knows. I wouldn't say he's terrible.
Old 05-06-04, 06:00 PM
badass93cobra

this guy is a total poser
Old 05-06-04, 06:00 PM
dba

badass93cobra, you really are like the rest of these losers who dislike Moneymaker. The only reason you and these other cockhounds feel obligated to tear him down publicly is because of your own lack of confidence in your own game.
Old 05-09-04, 06:00 PM
By Definition

It takes luck to make it to the final table against a field of 200 plus players... ... but to win at the final table takes skill, whether you want to admit it or not...Let's face it, Moneymaker isn't the greatest poker player in the world, but I'll be damned if he ain't one of the wealthiest right now. He could sit down now at the tables now for the next fifty years and steady lose $10k a year for the rest of his life and he STILL would still be ahead by some 2 million overall. So correct me if I'm wrong, but if poker is all just one long game, then Moneymaker has to one of the most successful poker players in the world (well at least for the next 50 years, but whose counting?)...
Old 05-10-04, 06:00 PM
ratings

By Definition, your ignorant if you think MM will only lose 10k/yr playing poker. I just saw him last week playing in a $1k buy-in NL game, 30-60 blinds. You can make a killing in a game like that, but MM was in for 4k at the time. He won't be able to get away from the big games with all his money. I'm not saying he'll lose it all, but he's definitley a gambler. Go work on your gorilla math...late.
Tilt

I agree...'By Def.'...consider yourself corrected!
Johnny Chan's left nut

Most of you are pissed. What you all have failed to mention, or realize do to lack of research, is that CM can play tourneys. The man cashed out a 2nd place $200,000 win a couple of months ago. He now has a track record, and perhaps his WSOP win wasn't a fluke.
Old 05-11-04, 06:00 PM
andrew

hes aight...sam farha should have taken him to school tho
Old 05-15-04, 06:00 PM
DEAFWORLDPOKER.

Chris Moneymaker Is My Fav Poker Player, Because He Is A Serious Poker Man!i Called Him "john Daly" He Keep His Glasses On While His Tournament Start So No One Knew Who He Look At! Someday I Want To Met Him And Play Some Poker With Him.or Maybe I Want To Beat Him So, It Will Be Deaf's First Championship In The World !!i Will Be The One, If I Get My Support For Me To Go There To Wsop.
Old 05-20-04, 06:00 PM
Money's no joke!!!

Hey geniuses, check out who just placed 10th at the WSOP Pot limit Omaha tournament...your buddy Chris Moneymaker. I think people need to wake up and realize it's not luck to win this thing, all players need luck, but skill takes it down. Moneymaker recently won another big holdem tournament, and his 10th finish in Omaha also proves he's not a one trick pony. Get a clue haters. Incidentally, Omaha is supposed to be Farha's game but I did not see his name on the money list.
Old 05-20-04, 06:00 PM
One funny post

The best post was, "Posted by: Jake on Mar 26, 2004 - He has proven to be the greatest of all time." That's like saying LeBron James is the best basketball player of all time. I love Money but that't just comical.
Old 05-21-04, 06:00 PM
joe

must be the double chin that gave him all the luck
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
stax mcbluff

it's offical..MM was knocked out 2 hrs into the 2004 WSOP
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
MM h8ter

i agree with Fatboy...MM sux..but i cant knock him to hard he won the 2003
Old 05-23-04, 06:00 PM
NOT AN IDIOT

Do Any Of You Idiots Know Anything About Poker? Luck Can Not Win You The Whole Damn Wsop! Mm Is A Good Player!!! So What If He Can't Win It Two Years In A Row, He Took Out So Many Players Last Year And He Is One Of The Best Out There!
Old 05-25-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

moneymaker is a degenerate gambler...and his father is the most annoying fuck ever....they both should be killed .....LONG LIVE HELLMUTH
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
Raiden_Fox

Will MM ever take up Hon Le on his million dollar heads up challenge? I'd have to give the edge to Hon Le, that guy is frightening!!
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

hes mad lucky, made some nice calls but in the end he just got so many good flops i mean Q/2os and hits Q/Q/?/2/? to amke fullhouseand the hand against phil ivey, full house beaten by a better full house too much luck
Old 05-27-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

no MM had a AQ and Ivey had a 99, the flop comes Queen Queen something and then the turn card comes another 9 giving Ivey the full house. so we went all in and the the hell wouldnt MM call? and he did and he got an Ace on the river
Old 05-28-04, 06:00 PM
hook

Still the most enjoyable tournament I have ever seen. Money Maker "loves the action"
Old 05-30-04, 06:00 PM
Incubusfan72

Moneymaker outdrew soooo many people in the 2003 WSOP. He shoulda been out of that tournament much earlier than he did or wait he was lucky enough to win. Aggressive but maybe too wreckless, it worked for him then but its not going to work in the long run. Altho i liked his bluff against Farha during Heads up. But not a bad amatuer.
JSP from Cleveland, Tennessee

Chris, you can't play like you think you can. You should stay with your family in the towing business outside Knoxville, TN. I have beat your brains in down in Tunica, MS and I would do it in any home game you want to play. Holler back at me so we can tangle. I am only down the road from you MM!
TucsonOG

Chris is a very good tournament player... Does anyone realize HE WON 2 MULTI TABLE SATELITE TOURNAMENTS to get his seat at the 2003 WSOP... with 100s of entrants. Which tells me he has most likely done well in the past, obviously done well in the WSOP, and pulled off at least 3 awesome finishes this year... Sounds to me like he is going to be in the poker picture for a long time to come... In 10 years, he will be a respected 'PokerStar' just like the others... Is he "The Best", of course not.. but he is a seriously strong tournament player... I sure wouldn't want to be in a big hand with him playing big slick vs. his little pockets.. and not hit my A or K... You had best just hide your face b4 the hand starts because his is gonna know... Yall now he got knocked out of the 2004 WSOP because a player caught a "2 outer" on the river!! That's poker.. Expect to see him at the 2005 WSOP with a better finish... I met him in San Diego on May 14th. at Harrah's and he is a very nice, funny guy, who enjoys playing poker and conversating with all the players and fans... Good goin Money!! I hope to follow in your footsteps (From PokerStars player TucsonOG... bring your cash to the No Limit Tables anytime, all you Money haters... I am always there to accept donations to my 2005 WSOP entry!!)
Old 06-02-04, 06:00 PM
RICK

He Didnt Last Too Long This Year, Out In A Matter Of Minuets On The First Day. Guess The Luck Didnt Hold Up.
Old 06-05-04, 06:00 PM
VABORIS

HAHA - I saw moneymaker walking out of Binions after getting smoked within a couple hours of the WSOP. Dude had so many cameras around him it was unbelievable. I can't believe how much ESPN has hyped up this Fat phuck and this tourney. Too many players now - you need luck like foolish Robert Varkhoni to win this thing. I think they should bump up the buy-in to $25,000 to weed out the wannabees. MM and RV were outty within hours while trying to retain their titles. Hilarious. They suck - they need cards to win unlike the pros. Gve me someone like Dan HArrington who can smokes these guys anytime. That dude makes the final table so much it's nuts. LATE.
Old 06-06-04, 06:00 PM
DUX

"I think they should bump up the buy-in to $25,000 to weed out the wannabees."

Yeah, like yourself VABORIS!It's easy to talk shit behind the safety of the net.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 07:50 PM.
Ima Shawty

Chris Moneymaker I think is a very nice player.... Risky? maybe, but takes his chances and does pretty well. And a question for *Whom it may conscern* Is moneymaker his last name or what? If so, Nice Carrer to pick with a last name like that.
Info...Money Maker

Chris Moneymaker, Texas Hold'em player of the year? I would imagine that some people would disagree with this title, considering that Moneymaker is new to the game. We give Chris this title this year not because he is the best poker player in the world, but because of what his victory means to the game of poker. As you have probably heard, Chris qualified for the 2003 World Series of Poker at an Internet poker room, and had never had real game experience until he actually arrived in Las Vegas for the tournament. He started by paying $40 to register for an online tournament; a few tournaments later, his entry to the WSOP was paid for, and he was on his way. The 2003 World Series of Poker was already the most successful WSOP ever numbers wise; almost 900 players entered the tournament. Chris Moneymaker's win is simply going to bring poker to the masses, and ensure a 1000+ person pool of competitors in 2004. Well known names like Phil Hellmuth, Amarillo Slim and others are going to face their stiffest competition ever. The main thing preventing most people from playing texas hold'em is that they didn't have a place to play; online poker rooms just make the game accessible to the masses. The level of competition is going to sky-rocket, as people eye the 2.5 million dollar first place prize given out this year. For this reason, Chris Moneymaker is our Texas Hold'em Player of the Year for 2003, not because of his accomplishments, but because of what his accomplishments are going to do to the game of poker as we know it.
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
Jay T.

Moneymaker won the 2003 WSOP, but only lasted for a few hours in the 2004 WSOP. It just goes to show you that winning in a poker tournament is all about LUCK!!!