Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-15-04, 06:00 PM
smash

u whine to much about phil whining too much dont watch the one of the greatest poker players ever lived it u dont want to see him whine..ive seen worse
Old 09-20-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Right. if you have 9-4 and two dueces fall on the board what do you have? Jack shit. Now what do you have if you have QQ instead? num nuts. Also, what would you have if another queen falls? You turd burgler. I would personally hunt down and kill anyone who bets with a 9-4.
the BIG k-Mill a.k.a. GLEN- again

what can i say about PHIL, he is still the man, and nobody will ever top him, he is my favorite looker, i hope he is still availible to marry cuz i could use a restless man in bed. ALSO, phil your bad breaks on QQ and KK are just tough luck, you still are the best, in everyway possible. DREam of me phil, cuz i am dreaming of you.
Garrett and Noley Russert

Hello Phil my name is Garrett "Gay" Russert i am in love with my brother Nolan
Rahul Desai AIM: thebrown16 MSG ME!

I won a few thousand dollars from Phil Hellmuth at Taj Mahal. I extended my hand to him before he left because he was upset about losing so much, and he cursed me out and walked away. Phil, if you read this, I hope you know that I am a better poker then you are. You are not all you are cracked up to be. You may have won many tournaments and have a lot of money, but in reality, you are just a cry-baby. Phil Hellmuth and Mike Matisow should get a hotel room together, they can cry with eachother and make hot sensual love with eachother after they are done with their bitching. By the way, I am a single Indian male looking for any female (or male) to make love to me. As you can see, I am quite desperate for any sort of carnal pleasure. My AIM screen name is thebrown16. If you are interested, send me a message. Thanks!
Old 09-21-04, 06:00 PM
the grand old pimp from 1975

(impersonating phil) . . . waaaaaaaaaahhhh..
Jumbles

man! seeing phil hellmuth loose 2 annie duke was the happiest moment of my life! phil ur a wanker! and u need 2 re-examine ur view of urself, u are not that good! infact ur a whinging cry-baby who constantly looses big to amateurs not because they are lucky or "UNBELIEVABLE" but because you suck!!!p.s rahul, i agree, both phil and mike are cry babies! and there is nothing more annoying in a poker player than some1 who cant take a beat! take a page from daniel negreanu
Unregistered

Phil you make yourself look like a complete idiot when you open your mouth at the table keep it shut and people will respect you more. I wanted AD to beat you because of how you act and run your mouth. Did you forget to take your meds that day??
Old 09-22-04, 06:00 PM
Artist

Phill you are one of the best poker players out there and I love watching you play. I am only 15 but you are one of my hero's thanks Phill and keep up the good work.
rru

To find out if Phil is the best all you have to do is ask him! Way to go Annie Duke.
smash

Rahul Desai...i have never heard of u, u are poor, and u also suck, u dont even come close to being as good as phil, and u never will be, u will never win a tourny in your life, when u win 9 WSOP bracelets... give phil a call, BTW, when phil was against annie, he got outflopped every single time, nothing against annie but phil is 10 times better than she is...phil can run his mouth at any table he wants
Old 09-23-04, 06:00 PM
tinmantyke

Nothing Has Been Sweeter Then Seeing "phil" Cry After Annie Duke Played Him Like A Rookie!!!!!!! Great Job Annie!!!
Old 09-23-04, 06:00 PM
PokerMessiah

stu ungar was the best all around gamblerever lets get that straight nobody could play with him if he was still around the only person i could see giving him much competition would be phil hes amazing he layed down top pair to annie duke many times and made amazing calls... phil plays excellent without a doubt
Old 09-24-04, 06:00 PM
I love annie

It was so fun watching my Annie beat out poor ole crying, whinning, bad loser Phil. Phil needs to grow up! What a moron.
Old 09-28-04, 06:00 PM
G..

too many of you haters talk out of your asses. Please, i have to agree with pokermessiah about the wsop TOC, Annie duke got EXTREMELY lucky with her 6's against her brothers 7s, and greg raymer practically gave all his chips to her. She also got a rush of cards at the end against Phil, with those kinda cards its hard to lose. Phil played amazingly, and when he loses to weaker players, its almost always an unlucky beat. He has an amazing poker mind, and even great players like doyle and lederer respect him. So just shut up already. using "LOL" at the end of every other sentence makes you haters look like idiots.
Old 09-30-04, 06:00 PM
acez

phil is the best hold em player ever.. hands down
Old 10-02-04, 06:00 PM
xeef

Whining aside, he lives his life right, plays solid poker on a level that 90% of the posters above do not even comprehend, and wrote one heck of a good book. Best poker book I've ever seen.
Old 10-05-04, 06:00 PM
stiskid

Phill I think poker is all about skill and some luck and like u said at the table with Annie Duke If the game took all skill i would have won. i think that is true because you are the best poker player i know. I am reading your book right now and let me tell you it is improving my game by alot. I am taking all of ur advice write back if u get a chance if not then 0o0o well good luck on then next game you play
Old 10-06-04, 06:00 PM
oopsididitagain

I dont think Phil is so much of a whiner more of a person that is totally passionate about the game. Next time you see him play watch him when he folds. He pretends to carry on playing the game in his head continuing to read his opponents to see what they have. Completely dediciated to The Game. Personally when he DOES have one of his strops I find them highly ammusing.
Old 10-06-04, 06:00 PM
grrrrrrrr

Probably the best player ever. I would have said Doyle Brunson is but in his day there were no where near the amount of people playing it then.
Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
RivahQueen

I've had the distinct pleasure of meeting Phil and his wife at the Arclight..and btw Thanks Phil! (yes, he's married) Phil and his wife are very nice people. You can berate Phil because of his temperment, but until you've been in his shoes, playing those exact hands, and being beat by those exact hands you will never be able to relate to how he obviously feels. Phil is obviously an excellent player and we all enjoy his temper tantrums as it quite apparently gives us all something to write about. Phil will always take the time to stop and sign an autograph and to chat. He is a very approachable person who is quite down to earth, despite him being a modern day poker icon. I think Phil is a multi-dimensional person, which is something most pro poker players are not. Phil is a family oriented man, which makes me have great respect for him, and he has a great business mind which makes him stand above the rest in the world of poker. It's a sad commentary that so many posts are full of hatred. I regret that both for Phil and for the poker world. I thought we'd gotten past that back room illegal game image and had become a more respectable "sport".
bullets (onthewind)

phil is a great player ...he overthinks occasionally....that has probably won him a few titles......but, his mentalilty is that he is matched to the best players in the world.....when he meets a tough (unread) amateur he explodes when they play a less than perfect response....sorry phil not every hand in poker is text book...(it would we awfully boring if they were)....math plus balls equals...hold'em
inyourface

Bumped into phil at a bookshop in England. Asked for his autograph which he gladly gave and everyone started looking and glaring. Told him I thought his book was great and he invited me for a coffee up in the coffee shop. Strange though cos we talked more anout the weather then we did poker. The guy is a geezer.
Old 10-16-04, 06:00 PM
ouch

this guy is a moron with a seriour attitude problem...i wish he'd grow up! I hate 'im? I hate 'im! I hate 'im!
Old 10-18-04, 06:00 PM
sonny

they finally did it got three jerks on a tv show telling you how to bet.if these guts are so great how come they lose.
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
lil Doyle

you hate to say it but the man has extreme skills, but you really, really hae to say it
Brunson

Phil is such a great poker player, I have no clue why you idiots say stuff about him when if you played him you would be driving Kenish's truck. You people dont realize that Phil always makes the correct decision and gets outdrawn or sucked out . He always makes great moves on his opponents and if you lost to such bad beats as much as him you would get sick of it. Let me tell you I know a lot about it. Losing from luck sucks.
Rounders SE

Phil's my fav player, and he's hilarious. He knows he's funny too. Get over it. And that person talking about 9 4 and maybe even suited! i really think that was some jackass trying to get the forum worked up
Old 10-21-04, 06:00 PM
warwick

I met phil in England to when he was promoting his book,he was really nice and answered lots of poker questions,terrible breath though.
Old 10-21-04, 06:00 PM
Aces Down

well as much as i hate him, he is doing something right because he does win quite often although his behavior is childish, phil grow up.