Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-11-04, 06:00 PM
mje

Harrington is a legend and perhaps the most underrated poker player of all time. He has a chance to win EVERY tournament he plays for the simple fact that he doesn't make stupid mistakes. When he bluffs, he usually gets the field to fold better hands. He isn't flashy or loud or overly aggressive so not too many people pattern their game after him.......that is THEIR LOSS! Dan RULES!
Old 12-19-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Fuckn Legend For Getting Himself Through Those Big Fuckn Fields The Last Two Years To Make It To The Final Table.
Old 12-21-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I totally agree with the previous poster.
Old 01-02-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

i made a 1k wager with a friend that dan the man would make it to the final table this year.
Old 01-05-05, 06:00 PM
wolfy14

classy and an unbelieveable player, good chance at winning next year
Old 01-07-05, 06:00 PM
harringtonsmyace

its awesome to see a calm, classy guy doing so well. with all these whiny punks (matusow, arieh hellmuth) out there, dan harrington stands above them as not just an amazing player but a classy 1 as well thats why hes my ace
Old 01-16-05, 06:00 PM
Dan Harrington

I appreciate all of your concerns about my game being too tight. However, this style has been working for me for over twenty years now. I don't think I should suddenly become Gus Hansen.Hey and don't forget the Red Sox won last year! This year the hat will carry me to the bracelet once again.
Old 01-16-05, 06:00 PM
lol

I see him at my table, I run.
Old 01-17-05, 06:00 PM
have to be in it to win it

If harrington reads this correct me if Im wrond. ESPN only shows a very very small fraction of the hands played in the wsop. Harrington bluffs just like EVERY other player in the wsop. They just dont show it. We saw maybe ten hand out of thousands that he played. Any guys who can be top 20 two years ina row and show class at the table has earned my respect
Old 01-20-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

YEAH! Go Action Dan!
Old 01-22-05, 06:00 PM
Nobody famous

Wow, you'd think after making back to back WSOP final tables, Harrington wouldn't bust on failed bluff attemps. Talk about blue balls!
Old 01-23-05, 06:00 PM
vincent

Dan Harrington's bluff with 62o was the bluff of the century! Back To Back Top 4 finishes in the WSOP Main Event is an extraordinary achievement considering the all time high (by far) number of entrants into the main event. He is clearly one of the best players in the world.
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
jbare

4000 players at this years main event; I would bet on Dan making it to the final table.
Unregistered

dan is a legend
Unregistered

amazing
Unregistered

Indeed.
Old 02-01-05, 06:00 PM
Dan is THE most incredible player

Do you realize how important it is to constantly refocus and notice every detail for even 2-3 hours in smaller tourneys or games? Now imagine 10+ hours a day for 3-6 days in a row. Now do it when your 50+ years old. He even says it himself it's all about paying attention and having incredible stamina/perception. He is beating all these young, agressive pups time and time again with a major disadvantage of being older.
Old 02-06-05, 06:00 PM
Sarge

He needs to bend the brim of his hat. Looks a little goofy straight like that.
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
kgb1986

oh and by the way Mr. Haarrington is one of the best poker players living. 95 WSOP champ a conservative player and makes the right moves when he wants to. That in itself is shown by back to back WSOP final tables with the biggest playing fields yet.
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
kgb1986

Mr.Harringtons hat choice: Impeccible. GO SOX.
Old 02-26-05, 06:00 PM
Antidutchboyd

Action Dan is truly the man. A real class act in the Poker world. You young guns had better look out for this guy.
Old 02-28-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Its pretty funny how his nickname is "action dan" and yet he never plays a hand. I suppose Gus Hansen's nickname can be "Conservative Gus." Sorry oldfart but you are borriiinng. More Hansens and less Harringtons PLZ!!! T.j cloutier is on the same boat.
Old 03-01-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

why would you want more hansens and less harringtons??? who cares if he is a boring player!!! he is MUCH better player than hansen.
Old 03-01-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He is NOT a better player than Hansen. Not even close. Nothing special about him at all. So easy to read. Thats why its been so long since he won anything and thats why he will never win another title. Fact of the matter is he needs cards to win and Hansen doesn't. The End.
Old 03-02-05, 06:00 PM
sammy the brick

harrington - 3 final wsop main event tables including one win. Hansen - ???
kbarnfield

I really enjoyed reading and learning from [Harrington on hold em vol1]. You must be doing something write, we are writing you [a world champion]. So I guess your style works. good luck in the big tourny.
Unregistered

More titles than Harrington
Old 03-06-05, 06:00 PM
John G./Razzpewtin/madmatlock2000

I recently finished 52nd in the Paradise Masters Tournament,online,had a great game,and as a complete novice/amateur was sent on cloud nine when some of my friends at Paradise informed me that there were a lot of pros in the tourney,such as Dan...I feel greatly privelidged to have played in the same tourney against these guys and am full of resolve that next time I WILL REACH THE FINAL and be most honourned to meet these poker GODS in the flesh...Wow what a buzz for a lowly person such as myself.Maybe 1 day you will be talking about me the same way,in fact YES you will...much respect and hope all your hands are BIG.....Good luck to the 10 finalists
Old 03-09-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Good luck to you John in future tourneys.
Old 03-09-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Gus Hanson is one of my favorite players and I have tons of respect for Dan Harrington. They are such different players I would really love to see them heads up together with the same chip count and see what happens. Gus is to the extreme loose and Dan is to the extreme tight...Obviously both systems of poker they use works because they have both been very successful. My money would be on Gus however Dan has the knowledge and know how that it should be a interesting and good match up.