Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-09-04, 06:00 PM
Jonathen aka the tax man

playing for a living

Why don't you guys stop gambling and work. I know you may make lot's, but at what cost? Regardless, any amount you make is taxable income, period. There are no shortcuts, or removing in small amounts. These will all catch up to you eventually. Not counting addiction or gamblers anonymous, if your situation were to get that bad. I am not saying it's impossible to make a living off of Poker. But if I were a hard working woman who meets a man, or if I met a woman who play Poker online for a living, that would be my cue to stay away.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 04-22-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-27-04, 06:00 PM
WildBill

Ct

bob, if you had a real job and had to commute to work each day can you deduct the gas, mileage, etc.? If you are an electrician and buy a book at Amazon about electrical work, can you deduct that? If the answer is no, then you SURELY cannot do it as a poker player. If the answer is yes, then MAYBE you can as a poker player and it's worth looking into... but maybe even then the laws will be different for gamblors since it hasn't typically been thought of as a viable job in the past.
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
April

California

Jonathen-tax man from NY I like to gamble (mostly for fun). Like your dry humor. Why are you on this website, since you obviously loathe gamblers?
Old 08-03-05, 06:00 PM
mmm

New Jersey

JONATHAN, AKA THE TAX MAN from NY.It sounds to me like u are jealous of those who play poker for a living. You pay the same in taxes from poker as u do work. I just hope u enjoy getting up everyday and working. while i probably make atleast 3times your income and do whatever i want everyday. Yea i think ill take my life enjoy going to work loser.