Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
SpecialK1224

POKER INFO - PROILE - Mike Matosow

It was only a matter of time before the Mouth got his page, however the real question is Where is Ellix's page?The Mouth is an above average player, but nothing special.
Old 10-10-04, 06:00 PM
iuindy2l

Mike's not going to be playing for anything more than a pack of smokes for awhile.
pocket7s

man at first i liked him but then i lost all respect when he cried when he was eliminated from 2004 wsop
Unregistered

I read on RGP how he's going to jail for a drug arrest. Does anybody have the details?
Old 10-11-04, 06:00 PM
Killsome1.

LOL i cant belive a full grown man cried over a poker game. He better hope he dosent talk like that to someone like me, cause i would have knocked him straight the F#$k out.
Old 10-11-04, 06:00 PM
god

probably the biggest tit on the face on the planet... and he happens to be a poker player. I'm just guessing here but I suspect Raymer had the last laugh. Its a shame that mouthy shmuck won any money at all.
Old 09-25-05, 07:06 AM

I gotta admit, when I first started watching Mike play, I thought he was a jerk too. I didn't like how he acted with Raymer and I didn't like some of the things he said in his interviews. After thinking about it for a while, I eventually changed my mind about him. When I think about Mike's table behavior, it just makes me think how I would never want to be at a table with him. That right there gives him a huge advantage. Anyone who takes his needling personally, is not going to play 100% with him. I'm sure that's why he does it. Of course it is. Yeah, I suppose he may go too far sometimes, but until you've sat at a poker table for 20 hours straight, who's to say you wouldn't be a little edgey too. If Mike's behavior bothers you and causes you to play worse than you normally would, than he has done his job. If you're any good at this game, you would just ignore him and play your best. I don't know him personally, but I'd bet he's a cool guy away from the table. I'm sure he's a little cocky in any given situation, but so are a lot of people. I would much rather watch someone with confidence at a poker table, than watch someone like Todd Brunson (no offense to Todd) who mopes at the table the entire time, thinking he's going to lose every hand. As far as the drug thing, who really cares if Mike is on or off coke? What does that have to do with wether or not he is a good poker player? Drugs or no drugs, Mike can play some f-ing poker. Anyone who complains about his table manners, complains for the same reasons I used to. You're just afraid of him. I wish Mike lots of luck in the future.
Old 09-27-05, 08:05 AM

I take your points about it being a control thing - he can control the table if the players are cowed by his boorish behaviour and outright rudeness. That said I think the game still needs to have an element of class about it and throwing his weight around and being downright obnoxious isn't exactly good for the game. Yes he's a good player but he's not exactly the poker equivalent of John McEnroe is he? Throwing his cards at Raymer was appalling and he would have been justified in having a pop at him for that - but that incident in itself tells me there isn't THAT great a degree of control attached to Matosow's needling. In short I don't think it's an act or even a calculated attempt to unsettle other players - I just think he's an asshole who has trouble controlling himself at the table. If he was truly a master of needle and mind control he wouldn't have lost it like that with Raymer or cried like a baby after being eliminated. Decent player, but a prick of the highest order.
Old 09-27-05, 11:12 AM

Yeah, Soyuz, you make a good point. I too was appalled at how and why he acted that way with Raymer. He said he did that becasue Raymer kept raising him. That's poker, and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. It was very obvious that Raymer got to Mike and he exploded because he couldn't take it. I haven't seen him act that bad with anyone else and I guess that's why I tried to defend him a little. I expect that Mike will always be "The Mouth" in that he'll always be cocky and obnoxious at the table, and that I can overlook. I just chalk it up to his style and enjoy the show so long as he doesn't get out of line. I agree that there should be an element of class in the game, and Mike showed absolutely no class when playing with Raymer. I think he probably knows that and that's why he tried to appologize to Raymer afterwards. It was definitely too little too late, and if I were Raymer, I wouldn't have shook his hand either. Mike was way out of line, but I'm hoping that he knows that and that he'll show more class in the future. I usually enjoy watching him play and I like to see him win, even if he is a prick. Because of how he acted with Raymer, it makes it hard to defend him, but I try to look at his playy in whole. I've seen him in games where he wasn't a total ass, and I prefer to dwell on those, rather than the ones where he took his nickname too far. As far as table control, with Raymer, yes he did have trouble controlling himself, but I think it started as him trying to get into Raymer's head and when he couldn't he lost it. In that situation, it wasn't an act, but I think in general his big mouth is just that, an act. He is by no means a "master" of needling, but that does seem to be his gameplan. Like I said before, I don't know him personally so I wouldn't presume to say that I am right, it's only my opinion.
Old 10-31-05, 09:47 PM

Probably one of the top 10-15 NLH tournament players.
Old 12-31-05, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Hey Mike.......

You just won the TOC and celebrated with your family. Congrats.......now did you shake the hand of the gentleman who you beat????? You just pushed away into the crowd and left Hoyt just standing there waiting to congratulate you. Way to go JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps next year the TD should change the greeting from "shuffle up and deal" to SHUT UP and deal" just for you.
Old 01-01-06, 08:02 PM
Mike - Met you at "I love Sushi"

I spoke to you the other night

Hey Mike,

I spoke to you the other night at the resturaunt "I LOVE SUSHI" If this email get to you email me back at:

[email]mike@searchlightcorporaiton.com[/email]
Old 01-01-06, 08:04 PM
Mike L

Gave you the wrong email ---

[email]mike@searchlightcorporation.com[/email]
Old 01-01-06, 08:06 PM
Mike L

Misc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike - Met you at "I love Sushi"
Hey Mike,

I spoke to you the other night at the resturaunt "I LOVE SUSHI" If this email get to you email me back at:

[email]mike@searchlightcorporation.com[/email]

Old 01-01-06, 09:52 PM

Mike, I think you are extremely sexy.
Old 04-13-06, 07:07 PM

Mike may be a loud mouth and an obnoxious human being but he is good for the game. Mike is one of the reasons why people watch poker on TV... It is entertaining. Do you think watching Barry Greenstein play Dewey Tomko would be entertaining. Obviuosly not, they both lack personality. Would you rather watch Barry and Dewey, two courteous gentlemen or Matusow and Hellmuth two self- proclaimed ass holes.
Old 04-17-06, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Haters

Mike you play the game the way it should be played. Don't listen to these haters who don't want but dont have the lifestyle and money you do.
Old 05-05-06, 04:50 AM

Mike is an asshole of a person. complete jerkoff. BUT, one of the best poker players poker has produced. He can play high on cocaine or sober on coca cola. whatever you feel about this guy as a person means nothing when it comes down to it. When the subject matter is POKER, he's the shizzle. As a person, he's probably going to hell.
Old 07-12-06, 08:03 AM

your my favorite player
Old 07-25-06, 09:20 PM

he is funny he makes me laugh.
Old 07-29-06, 09:59 PM

Cocaine !!!!

can u say cocaine ? coke and poker and big money gambling = mike the mouth. a rather skilled fellow, just lets the cocke get to him too often
Old 08-11-06, 01:58 PM

A real Asswipe but he's funny as hell. Talks shit but can usually back it up. I did love it when Raymer crippled him at the 2004WSOP main event. Then watched him cry like a little girl when he got knocked out. Won 2 million at the TOC in 2005, I'm sure he's blown it all on drugs, alcohol and gambling. He'll be in jail again before long. I think he likes taking it in the ass from Bubba
Old 09-18-06, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

poker isnt a sport

mike your awesome. There needs to be someone in the game on tv showing the dark side to poker. Ive seen people give up on life trying to scrape up enough money for a buy in. people spending their disability checks on poker.
Old 10-29-06, 02:34 PM

This sick Hebrew really showed his contempt for anyone other than a Jew, when he was knocked out of a tournament by Gus Hanson, a non Jew. He looked as if he was going to vomit, he was so sick.........its in his nature to believe that a gentile shouldn't have any money that hasn't passed through his hands first!
Old 12-02-06, 01:08 AM

this guy is basically a modern day stu ungar if he wasn't as good at cards. you don't need espn to give you some fluff piece on what a legend ungar was and what it was like to know him and play with him, you can just go meet matusow. i won $1 million in a poker tournament! i lost it all betting on the lions moneyline.
Old 12-02-06, 10:45 PM

Garbage..no book ever took 1 mil on a lions game!
Old 02-14-07, 05:27 PM

Scott Matusow posting here

Lots of bullshit about Mike being posted on the net. which is why we have opened an officially sanctioned blog of Mike.

These blogs, I post about my brother the truth about his drug conviction, tha fact Mike rarely ever did Coke ( onece or twice in his life) and was an occasional E user.

Mike been clean since 2003

If you guys want to delete me, then delete me, I've posted here before

[url]www.matusowtruth.blogspot.com[/url]

Official fan based site;

[url]www.myspace.com/mouthpoker[/url]

guys who lists front page on mikes player profile is a flat out liar. Mike never threw cards at Raymer. and He is ignorant of the situation that led up to what people saw on ESPN. Bet his guy dont know Greg was taunting Mike well before what you saw on TV. ESPN edits things to create good guy/bad guy image.

If this guy who says Mike got no class has class himself, he will allow this post of mine and not delete it.

we shall see;

Scott Matusow
Old 02-14-07, 06:08 PM
Administrator

i wont delete it.
Old 03-13-07, 01:41 AM

Please, spare me the BS..........only an idiot would believe Raymer started the taunting of Matusow..and only a ****** would post that BS...unless you consider shoving "it" up Matusow's ___ is considered taunting!

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-13-07 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-20-07, 04:08 AM

Mikey - MLB Play of the DAY

New York Yankees MLB =moneyline 4/20/2007

I will make you a winner Mikey...if you must bet... start small if you must and build up a roll....Im currently ranked top 2 on pro cappers challenge site...GOOD LUCK BUDDY...only if you must I am tired of hearing of your compulsive losses..like poker you must manage the br and bet no more than 2-5% of roll each game

Last edited by DonkvFish; 04-20-07 at 04:11 AM.