Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-04, 06:00 PM
tedtodd25

ONLINE POKER - SITE - Bodog

You won't find more degenerate gamblers anywhere....I've done very well at both the 2/4limit and NL50 tables. lot's of chasers and all-ins hoping to be WSOP champions.software- C+
Old 09-26-04, 06:00 PM
jordan

there aren't many players of many tables but easier money you wont find anywhere. anywhere. right now im paying the rent off it
Old 10-10-04, 06:00 PM
lovetopolka

oh bodog how i love thee... these sports betting fools don't seem to understand that you shouldn't call capped betting preflop with J2 off... but i don't mind... SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
Old 10-16-04, 06:00 PM
vegasholdem.tripod.com

The software is fast and you can upload your own pic; which is cool!
Old 12-08-04, 06:00 PM
kotong

Software is kinda' jittery; lots of disconnections.Players are okay, lots of chasers and pseudo-masters.
Old 12-19-04, 06:00 PM
the truth

most unreal hands Ive ever seen people constantly get quads and straight flushes. I havent done bad there but some of the beats are horrendous. I much prefer UB or any of the Prima poker sites seem way more realistic
Old 12-29-04, 06:00 PM
EagleScout

Colors do not work well on lap top and the notification buzzer can make you umpopular at work, but the site does have weak players. Tables selection is limited. One more reminder how hard it is to out do Party.
Old 12-31-04, 06:00 PM
IveyWannabe3.

this site has the worst beats that will lose you money, plus they disconnect you during a bighand and will fold your hand way too often easy money though
Old 01-15-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

the players are loose and the bad beats are horrendous; I lose my first $20 right off the boat and it's not like I'm a bad player because I have won a lot on other sites. I play only premium hands and I got rivered and sucked out twice, which ate up most of my bankroll. I may be quick to judge on this site for my first deposit but as far as it goes I don't think I'll ever play on here ever again. Stick to pokerstars, they're still the best.
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
jcdgoad

I just love this site. Lotsa easy money and the software is nice too. The bonus of $100 for a $100 deposit is incredible too. Some of the loosest games on the net.
Old 02-16-05, 06:00 PM
dbronson26

This is an above average site to play some poker. The games are fast and loose and money can be made! I know its easy to say that when you are winning and its just as easy to chastise when you are losing. But so far my initial deposite of the min, has tripled. I am not playing cards to make a living just to have some entertainment value. This is def. the site to check out.
Old 02-21-05, 06:00 PM
allinaces

Heard about the poor players but i lost my 200 deposit with some unbelievable beats, don't know what you can do... i'm sticking with party. At least it has the volume to multitable whatever you want.
Old 02-22-05, 06:00 PM
Dallasrounder

I HATE bodog! Yeah there are some crappy players, and you'll make some off their looseness, but the bad beats are HORRIBLE. Being tight really doesn't work either, because there are enough sharks now to make that unprofitable. Also, the traffic here sucks, can never get a full game before 7 pm. I burned through my $250 in no time - back to UB where the play is actually rational.
Old 03-17-05, 06:00 PM
echio

when i first began playing bodog in it's early developments, i could always count on making a profit. whether it was a cash game or single table tourney. the site has become looser ( bad beats are atrcious)and the players are 75% dead money. i even layed off A/10 and K/J and i would still get hammered with a 2 pair of A/2 or K/5 off suite.i'm in quest for a quality player site. see you at the final table!
Old 04-02-05, 06:00 PM
gman2984

BEWARE!!!! By far the worst site out there. I am not an amateur. I have been playing poker for 15 years+ and the beats on this site are absolutely unreal. If you don't believe me ..play for 5 minutes and you will see what I am talking about. I'll give you some numbers i have calculated over a few months.- 7 or 8 out of 10 hands there is a flush out there- 8 out of 10 hands there are 2 of the same card out there- pockets rockets (A A) lose 65% of the time you play them or call them pre-flop all in!- 6 out of 10 hands there is a straight and a flush out there! VERY SHADY site...BEWARE!!
Old 04-02-05, 06:00 PM
gman2984

To add one more thing... the class of people on this site are also the lowest of the low. Always something crude and cocky to say when someone wins or loses.
Old 04-05-05, 06:00 PM
pahdukes

Terrible. Simply Terrible!!!! There really is something shady about this site. DO NOT PLAY BODOG if you know what is good for you.
Old 04-21-05, 06:00 PM
raymann

I thought well let`s try it because i could get 100 if i signt up using cardplayer as referal.I did not have the full 100 in my account at neteller, i use 2 accounts one from myself and the other from my mother.Double bonus whoring ... You know what i mean...I thought well let`s check out the fish.And i wanted to sit down (i payed the money an hour ago) and buy in ....They locked my account becose i used my mothers neteller.What an idiots what do they want that i register again with my mothers id and then whore them on my mothers account.But now i am happy to get my money back(still not in my account back at neteller, while it takes 1 minut to get in there it takes a few days i think to get it out.But when i read your ratings i am a happy man.I will use my party bonus 100$ max. with 50% bonus.And empire is also better then these idiots at bodog.Have a nice weekend.Have luck at the tables and play with your mind.The Raymann
Old 04-24-05, 06:00 PM
5iveofaKind

My perception of this site has totally changed after an insurmountable number of bad beats and suckouts. I did so well here for my first deposit but after I cashed out and made a second reload, everything completely changed. Bad beats left and right.. 2,3,4 outers hit on the river, etc. it seems like if there's a 3 way all-in, the worst hand somehow wins it on the river 70% of the time.. this is the same party poker crap you should try to avoid..
Old 04-29-05, 06:00 PM
capa

Similar complaints to above. I can play the 5-20$ sit and gos and finish in money 60-75% and win around 35%. The first time I wanted to cash out, suddenly started getting horrible beats. Chalked that up to coincidence. Filed for a cash out this week, that same night began string of ridiculous beats again. 4 times in a row, with dominating hands, get called all in by people with a gutshot straight draw (only river left). ALL 4 TIMES GUTSHOT HITS. Been doing stat work on these last two days...flush draws are hitting against me at over 60% vs. 15% when I have one. My pocket pairs HAVE NOT tripped once in the last two days(over 40 hands with pockets). KK and AA have been cracked over 75% of the time. Head to head hands that I dominate are falling at about the same rate as AA and KK (i.e. AQ vs Q6, fish gets 5789 to hit board).I'm really at a loss to explain this. The gutshot straight 4 times in a row, for example, is about 15000 to 1 to happen. Couple with everything else, there is no mathematical explanation other than fishy software. It is definately in bodog's interests to keep money in their banks, since they earn interest and as long as the money flows on the tables they continue to rake in the ring games and make the entry fees in the tourneys. STAY AWAY.
Old 05-06-05, 06:00 PM
qwerasdf

I think people are just retarded. If you get bad beat at online poker, it's cuz you suck. It isn't rigged. For everyone 100 times you go in with AK suited, those pocket 2s will beat you around 50 times. People just OVERESTIMATE their odds. Stop blaming the sites and blame yourself. I've played 10,000 hands at Bodog. How long does it take to play 10k hands in person? I've seen bad beats in person too, not htat many, but obviously I haven't played AS MANY hands.So what. Bodog is easy money for me. If you know how to control yourself, online poker = easy money. So if you lose and you think you're good in person, then maybe online poker just isn't you.
Old 05-06-05, 06:00 PM
John.

Considering the quantity of hands i see your point, HOWEVER, the bad beats that happen on this site are just laugh out loud funny...granted this happens on other sites as well and occasionaly in person but compared to other well known and accredited sites, such as Pokerstars, and Ultimate Bet, this site is a joke. Ask anyone around who actually knows the game of poker and they will tell you the same. If you're winning on bodog great. All this site is, is one big slot machine. Usually the low percentage unfavored hand wins 70% of the time as opposed to real life where generally it happens FAR, FAR less. So my advice is to stay on bodog... that is where all, and i do mean ALL the fish play. Just would love to see people like this try their LUCK over at Pokerstars or in person. Now that would truly be laugh out loud funny.
Old 05-08-05, 06:00 PM
arms

I play all over, compulsive gambler i guess. butthis site starts out ok but there security is so lax. i didnt even have to do a authorization form and instantly i had 500 to spend, next all i had to do is call and get an increase before the 500 cleared. anyone could really rip someone off here. the game play was so so. i agree many newbies or dumb asses but the whole if i had a friends check book or a friend had mine. or worse. an anybody.. there security is majory flawed
Old 05-11-05, 06:00 PM
Fuchida

If you like action, this is the site for you. However, the number of bad beats and cold deck situations is amazing so if you want anything like poker reality, avoid the site. Very low probability situations happen every few hands. I have played several other sites, including Party, and nothing compares to Bodog in that regard. I have played bodog for 2-3 months because I like the reload bonuses and I haven't noticed any correlation between cashouts and bad luck and I think that ould be almost impossible to program anyway. The sort of good news is that the draws out affect everyone equally but the sheer number of them means that chasers do not do as badly as on other sites. What makes me most suspicious is that they will not allow downloading of hand histories in the same way as other sites so there is no way to analyse a large number of hands as you can as on Party, PokerStars, etc. Although I have made reasonable money from Bodog, its because I have adopted a defensive style that assumes major draw outs and bad beats happen a lot more often than normal. I try to avoid the inevitable drawouts, or at least lessen their impact, and make more money when I hit one of the regular monster hands. When I clear my current bonus though I am going to change sites as the situation has reached ridiculous proportions in recent weeks. I find myself typing 'amazing' at least ten times per day and that is only for hands in which I am involved. As I said at the start, if your interest in poker is fun and action and you aren't too bothered about making lots of money, this site will be fine. Those with tilty tendencies stay away for the good of your health.
Old 05-11-05, 06:00 PM
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

This is from a message board i recently viewed..just something to think about next time u step into an online poker room. NotMe | March 21, 2005 04:55 PM Hello NotMe, I'm also making a poker bot. Can you please give me more info about what you know to avoid the detection of a bot by a poker room? What do you mean by "own mouse driver with smart moving". Can we use the user32 functions to click. Is it necessary to move the pointer before clicking?"There are also many other featuers that bot should have to avoid detection"Can you talk more about that? You can write me an email to [email]poko_653@htomail.com[/email]. Thanks a lot. Maybe will we exchange some techniques. PokoPoko | March 24, 2005 09:55 AM I have had bots running online for over a year without detection. I am sure there are many more however every bot programmer I have come across has lost because he knew nothing about playing good poker. Creating the interface is easy but creating a bot that wins consistantly is beyond what most people have the time for. Pistachio | April 12, 2005 11:59 PM Hello Pistachio, On what AI techniques did you base your bot? Stuff like probability triple? Thanks for the input, cheers,tom Tomy | April 15, 2005 03:27 AM
Old 05-13-05, 06:00 PM
Trey03

BODOG is a setup........... good luck with AA
Old 05-19-05, 06:00 PM
buttsecks

Anyone who says that poker is rigged is nothing but a bad player and a fool. I bet alot of the times people catch on the river, they bet big, and YOU stupidly call. YOU. Like someone once said, people can't blame themselves for their crappy play, so they blame the site to cover up for their sheer suckness. Great, fun site. Good play money games for those interested. Easy to win if you're good - easy to derive false rigged allegations from if your a crap player.
Old 05-21-05, 06:00 PM
AA works for me

One time i got AA an amazing 4 times in a sit and go (most ive ever gotten at any site) and I won all four times. I bet the people that lose with AA are stupid fools that just call preflop looking to re-raise a raiser. When nobody raises and the flop is 245, and you lose to the small blind's 36 suited, guess who's fault it is...why, it's your fault! If you raise big preflop with AA, alot of times you will just take down the blinds. But on this site, so many people with crap hands may call. You want this. I've had stretches of over 25 AA's without losing a single one. You should at least be glad that AA hardly ever loses to KK on here. AA is still the best hand, and wins more often than any other hand does heads up on BoDog.
Old 05-21-05, 06:00 PM
Your statistics suck

People who keep saying "oh 8 out of 10 times there's a flush aha im so good at making stuff up" are idiots. People who say "AA loses 65% of the time in 2 players all in"...really, how pathetic does it seem? The last poster is right about AA and that just calling preflop is dumb.
Old 05-23-05, 06:00 PM
George

Anyone successful on Bodog is obviously a fish because percentages do not even come into play on this site. You maydeswell flip a coin or go play a slot machine. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but spend your money on another site if you are a good player and serious about the game, otherwise your going to need a punching bag next to your computer. Pokerstars works fine for me. You know...a site where people actually know how to play, and card percentages actually matter.P.S. to the last post... calling AA heads up pre flop.. actually..not a bad idea in real life..on Bodog..the worst idea in the world... because this site is unrealistic and is indeed not even poker at all. The percentage of 65% of the time AA loses pre-flop heads up is probably about right on Bodog. In real life more like 10%.