Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

This guy looked like a newb in the WSOP 2003. "Oh, it's to me?" Sitting there looking stoned. What an idiot.
Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

gotta love the pie-guzzling pancake-faced fat ****.....he was destined to win it with a name like moneymaker
Old 08-01-05, 06:00 PM
Jason Moneymaker

hi im chrisis little cusin jason and i think my cusin chris is so cool. he buys me all kind of toys for chrismas and even a bike for straight a's on my last report card.i love u chris ur my favorite cusin except for lulu my other cusin that taught me how to play poker. she had to train me to forget evrything i learnt from u and then she showed me all about implied odds and the gap concept and stuff. she taught me a lot more than u when all u said was if theres a lot of chips on the talbe then just go all in with stupid hands.but i still love you because you are my richest cusin and my honerary dad.
Old 08-08-05, 06:00 PM
clint spencer/mookie790/mookie790

To all the bashers out there, no matter how much you bash him or call him lucky,I will always see his picture hang on the wall with all the other great champions and this will never change. And as one person already said poker success is measured in only way$$$ and as of right now he is very successfull. Way to go Chris and thinks for keeping my hopes alive
Old 08-09-05, 06:00 PM
McDaddy11

Sometimes you have to challenge the luck to get lucky
Old 08-09-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

one hit wonder
Old 08-10-05, 06:00 PM
jdog

I heard a rumer that Chris filed from bankrupcy? Anyone hear the same?
Old 08-10-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Chris won the WSOP, but has done nothing since...I don't consider him among the best.
Old 08-15-05, 06:00 PM
cityman99

u played hard and caught some good cards but everyone gets lucky

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-18-05, 06:00 PM
gulfport

Moneymaker is the classic example of a slightly above-average player hitting it big.The donkeys keep playing and donating their money to the pros because they see guys like Chris Moneymaker.He will have ZERO staying power in the poker world, as poker is a game of long term- measured in months and years- and he just doesn't have the chops to make it.Luck wins you hands, and luck can even win you tournaments (including the WSOP). Luck doesn't give you a poker career.Career poker players win over the long term. They can sit in a ring game with $1,000,000, lose every dime of it and be back a month later with the same sized wad to win a few million more. They take their losses as they come and know that in due time, they will be back up again. Moneymaker is an example of someone who was very, very fortunate at the right time in a huge tournament in a game that was exploding in popularity (and had a fantastically marketable last name) who won't last in poker.He should have taken 3/4th of his after-tax winnings and put it in a mutual fund. It will yield him a far better return than his poker skills ever will.In a few years, you too can have your taxes done by an accountant who is also a former WSOP winner.
Old 08-19-05, 06:00 PM
gulfport

Too bad you don't play in games. Even the low limit games are pretty fun to go and steamroll from time to time.
Old 08-22-05, 06:00 PM
RC5000_GUY

I met Mr. Moneymaker at this year's WSOP main event. He was on a break outside RIO. Nice guy. Very approachable. Ego wasn't in the way of a decent conversation. I've met other celebrities, and some of them have class, and some don't. Chris does. I never believed much in luck 'til I started playing NLHE. This game requires courage, luck, acting ability...Chris displayed all of these attributes. He proves to us that we can do it too, not because he got lucky, but because he was unknown to the Poker community when he started the series, and won. That tells me that I can face Phil Ivey and win. That tells me that I can face Humberto Brenes and win. And it tells me that I can succeed without the success inflating my ego. Thanks Mr. Moneymaker.
Old 08-26-05, 06:00 PM
MoneyMaker Sucks

Moneymaker Sucks! In The Poker Stars Tournment Against Some Of The Greatest Players Ever He Finished Liek Dead Last! Dident Even Advance To Super Sixteen! Ya Good For Him He Got Lucky Got A Few Millions Anyone Would Lover It. But Face It Kids The Man Will Not Stand Tall In The Poker World! And Anyone Who Said Johnny Chan Suck. Will That Comment Along Proves You Know Jackshit About Poker. Have A Good Day
Old 08-28-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I bet anything Moneymaker has blown his earnings from the 2003 WSOP main event since he doesn't win shit in any other tournament. He's living off of those residual checks from that stupid pokerstars commercial. Pokerstars is one of the shittiest poker sites on the web.
Old 10-17-05, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Cool

I read the post, And I have to say most of them are made by ID10Ts. I want too see how many of you retards can get through a $40 Satellite to the WSOP! Hell I seen my share of Pros, play trash cards and end up with the hand "Gus, Doyle, Ferguson, etc. All have done it. The plain fact is they know about the 15% luck factor that is part of poker. I would bet my House, that 99% of you can't even get through the first 600 players, Much less sit at a table with the so called "Best Players" and walk away with First place! You can't blame Moneymaker for what is know as "Luck"! I seen peeps like you Cry cause the river card beat your hands, But it's always skill when it happens to them! Get a life Morons. Just cause you don't have the Nardes too pony up and try yourself makes my sick. I see more and More of you Mamas boys try poker and think your the best and mouth off. The fact is you have no skill to achieve anything higher then playing with your friends and think your Pro!

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-09-05, 05:32 PM

Angry chris money maker does not suck

ok alot of u are sayig chris sucks and he was a fluke. Sure he got lucky alot but tell me how a fluke can do the following:

$13,000 - World Poker Tour Aruba
18th place out of 647 enties

$21,000 - WSOP $5000 Pot Limit Omaha
10th place out of 145 entries

$200,000 - San Jose Bay 101 Shooting Star
2nd place out of 243 entries

if he's a fluke he must be getting pretty damn lucky to have won $234,000 in 2004 and he's placing pretty hight in big fields. so just cause u amature think ur the best in the world and u could win the wsop hands down STFU!!! and who ever said pokerstars sucks
Old 12-13-05, 06:38 AM
Unregistered

2005 anyone?
absolutely nothing.
Old 12-28-05, 02:29 PM

so alot of people have bad years u can;t expect someone to win one every year
Old 01-14-06, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Im not hating on chris moneymaker but he did get real lucky in 2003. If he hadnt of catched that river card to make a better full house than Phil Ivey, i guarantee you that Phil Ivey would have been the 2003 WSOP Champ cause if Phil Ivey doubled up right there he would been in a monster chip lead.
Old 01-28-06, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Lucky at the horeshoe

If Moneymaker didn't hit the river then someone else would be sitting here right now saying how lucky Ivy was, and that if moneymaker would have hit the river then Ivy wouldn't have been the champ. If my aunt had testicles she would be my Uncle. Cards takes more then skill you have to get the cards, call it luck if you want.
Old 02-01-06, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Moneymaker is not the most skilled poker player in the world. He will never be as good as the best in the game. That being said he is still a WSOP champion and finished second in a WPT event which is more than most poker players cany say. He got very lucky to win the WSOP of poker but nobody and i mean nobody wins a tournament without getting lucky at least once and probably several times.
Old 02-18-06, 07:48 PM

i'm not saying he's the best he just good
Old 07-11-06, 06:59 PM

1 timer
Old 07-25-06, 09:26 PM

Everyone needs to get lucky to win but this guy is a 1 timer. He probably made a deal with the devil. I think he really sucks as a poker player. He won '03 WSOP and thats hard but i never saw him after that. YEAH WPT WOW. How many amateurs won that?I only see him in poker superstars where he sucks there too. He won the main event that PHIL IVEY should have won. it embarasses me as poker player for him to be a champion.
Old 07-27-06, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Moneymaker Embarasses YOU by him winning because.....??

Its amazing. The people that get made fun of are the People at the Top and the Bottom and you losers are somewhere in the middle. Break from mediocrity and be great.
Old 07-28-06, 11:48 PM

I hate his guts. The worse player ever. My mom could of won that main event with the luck he had. The only thing cool about this guy is his last name. Moneymaker, still living the dream of 2003. I think your 15 minutes is up.
Old 08-11-06, 02:09 PM

Say what you will about Moneymaker. He's the reason poker has become what it is today. Because of Moneymaker, everyone thinks they can play poker. Flash in the pan? Maybe. A fluke? Most likely, but how many bracelets have you people won? Exactly!
Old 09-28-06, 10:56 AM

Lucky donkey

Puts all his chips in with 8 8 agaisnt Breneses's A A and catches a 8. What the hell did he think Brenes had, a seasoned Pro will go all in with better than 8 8. Moneymaker never won ANYTHING since then, never even cashed at an event. a horrible donkey Hee hAw you turd
Old 10-03-06, 11:54 PM

Your name should be STUPID DONKEY....'03 won WSOP in '04

cashed $200,000..21,000..10,329..13,000 = $244,329, and

your to stupid to understand what Brenes might go all-in with!
Old 10-10-06, 03:22 AM

i agree total luck

the whole event was luck falling his way, there no one anywhere that could have beat that luck..no one.. chris your not good at all so please dont pretend to be,, i had to laugh when i seen you was invited to poker superstars, it made me take a show i like to a show ill never watch again, although i wasnt surprised to hear you didnt accomplish anything there except defeat.