Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

God what an idiot. HEY I GOT 7-8o and in the small blind! WHAT A GREAT HAND! AN 8 HIGH!!!AGAINST AN AVERAGE HAND I SHOULD HAVE A 35% WINNING CHANCE!! LET'S GO ALL IN EVEN THough I am 3rd in chips. It's sweet! O well Who cares if i lose .. It's only a major tournament.. Oh know! He has 10-10. I am officially a redneck dumbass. My dad shot Peter Fonda in EASY RIDER. Yay!!!
Old 07-26-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I love how every time someone critisizes a pro's stupid mistake, some other idiot breaks out the "how much have you won" spiel. Hoyt Corkins is a good bluffer and an okay player. But he is also a hick, cornpone, honky-tonk, pickup driving redneck. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but don't expect everyone to be blown away by the "greatness" of this shit-kicker.
Old 07-29-05, 06:00 PM
j d'agostino

you want me to push my chips to you here you go stack them up yourself -----lovrd it
Old 08-03-05, 06:00 PM
Hoyt Corkins

yee haw i would smokes yalls. yessum i would. id squish yall like a possum under my tractor tires. Oh i hears my sister calling ima gonna have me a doozie of a time tonight. itsa ours anniversary. yehaw
Old 08-11-05, 06:00 PM
Rusty (Class of 1978)

Hoyt, I have been watching you the last 2 years and you are doing great. You make the Class of 1978 proud. Give me a call -deleted-.
Old 08-19-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

love watching the cowboy play
Old 08-20-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

this guy sucks
Old 08-22-05, 06:00 PM
Phil Hullmeth

an idiot. But fun to watch. Slipped up BIGTIME when he moved in on JDags, who had a high pocket pair, then drew runner-runner 7's for trips when he moved in with 87off. Crippled JDags but was hysterical to watch. Later Hoyt said, "I hate that kid. His head is shaped weird anyway. Looks like an alien. I was glad to cripple an alien today. My name's Hoyt, and I play cards."
Old 11-24-05, 02:19 AM

southernbelle's a fucking idiot. the reason none of us have won WPT titles is because we don't have $10,000 on us to enter. if i entered all the tournies hoyt's hick ass was in then the sun would shine on my ass certain days too.
Old 12-03-05, 07:51 PM

I just wanted to say that Hoyt makes watching Poker all the more fun, he plays great, he has a great poker face and I just admire him all around. I search my cable for poker tournaments just to see if hes in one thats on. Good luck in all your tournaments Hoyt.
Old 12-07-05, 05:53 PM

I agree with Tina Turner......."Your simply the best"
Old 12-30-05, 04:29 PM

Hoyt is my poker hero. My goal is to become the best poker player I can possibly be and I hope that is at least a tenth as good as Hoyt. He is the consummate professional. He never whines or berates other players. He lets his skills do all the talking.
Old 01-13-06, 02:59 AM

How can you sponsor a Poker site called Poker Host when this site is very slow to pay you, and they only allow you to withdraw a max of 2500 a day, and if you want to withdraw 2500 and next day guess what? they charge you a 10% fee (250.00) What a RIPP OFF so Hoyt you became part of this cant beleive it.
Old 03-23-06, 11:54 PM

Mullet
Old 07-10-06, 05:15 PM
Administrator

"southernbelle's a fucking idiot. the reason none of us have won WPT titles is because we don't have $10,000 on us to enter. if i entered all the tournies hoyt's hick ass was in then the sun would shine on my ass certain days too."

what about satellites? the WSOP winners now are almost all satellite winners. They have satellites for the WPT.
Old 08-01-06, 08:10 PM

I picked up a tell on you Hoyt no joke

I got a dead on tell on this guy, 100% accurate. Hoyt email me for the details [email]xjamiejamesx@aol.com[/email] No BS brotha, not sure if i should tell or just take ALL you chips next time we sit
Old 08-29-06, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Smile ycw

Hey ycw, I will be taking him fishing on the 6th of Sept...any good stories you can share...he will be up on Lake Vermilion at Fortune Bay...looking forward to our trip and playing in the tournament that night...thanks
Old 09-29-06, 11:37 PM

He's got that phoney southern con going all the time; saying
he's sorry for taking you out, and all that BS.....and alot
of players go for it.
Old 10-03-06, 11:40 AM

his accent isnt phony, hes a real farm boy
Old 11-28-06, 02:06 PM

He is GORGEOUS!

Very Sexy and Very Cool. Fun guy to watch.Great poker player. He just needs more air time! I would take him home in a second!
Old 07-06-07, 04:24 PM

On June 10th, I was unlucky enough to be sent packing from the Ladies Event at the 07 WSOP losing a flopped Ace high Flush to an all in call who caught her full house on the river. As I was walking out, with my head down trying not to cry, (I know there's no crying in poker) I was lucky enough to actually bump into this very nice gentleman. I apologized and then saw who it was. After a momentary lapse of speech, I introduced myself and proceeded to, basically verbally throw up all over him with my bad beat tale of woe. He was absolutely the nicest guy. He listened to my bad beat story, and even laughed when I asked him if he had ever had a beat so bad he wanted to cry. (not one of my finer moments). He walked with me talking about poker and greeting people and talking to me about how he was doing in the WSOP events. He truly was a wonderful person and actually took the sting out of my bad beat!

I find it even more ironic that this man who I have watched play and have always thought was a wonderful gentleman in a field of not so gentlemanly players won his next WSOP bracelet on my 45th birthday, June 18th. Congrats Hoyt, I'm not sure if you read these posts, but if you do. I'm the crazy lady in the cowboy hat who mistakenly said you were from Texas, when I know you're a Bama boy. Go get 'em.
Old 11-30-07, 02:19 PM

Gotta admit, I like Hoyt. He's a rock solid player and doesn't ever berate anyone at the table. Nice to see a guy who can take a bad beat and not go off on his opponent.
I love watching he and Hellmuth go at it. One is all talk, one is all action. Anyone who knows anything about poker, knows which one is which.

Hellmuth cracks me up, it's even more funny when Hoyt just sits there and lets him steam. I think Hoyt's lack of reaction just steams Phil more.
Old 03-22-10, 08:27 PM

Remember me Hoyt. Hope you read this site occassionally. We used to play some knock poker when i would come over to pick Felicia up for a date. You have a great family. I can vouch for that. Never will forget what good people your Grandmom, Father, Mother and sisters were. Hope everything is going well. Glad you made the bigtimes. You worked really hard for it. Take care and good luck in the future.