Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-05, 06:00 PM
Russ

Guss Hansen is a poker genius. He doesn't need cards to win the hand.
Old 07-19-05, 06:00 PM
To MikeRizz

That just shows he's a lucky SOB. Of course its good that he could tell he had pocket aces, but to move all-in PRE-FLOP with junk such as 2-3 knowing u are an 80% underdog is pathetic, im sorry.
Old 07-19-05, 06:00 PM
r2theh22

Gus Hansen has really appealed to me as a phenominal palyer. I have seen him play in several tournaments and he never once has not amazed me with his skill and presecence at the table. One day i hope to play against him as he bluffs my ass on a 2 7 off suite. It would be a honor to ever be at the same table as him.
Old 07-20-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

i know its crazy ppl but theres a strategy called playing the player not the cards, and HE IS THE BEST AT THAT>
Old 07-20-05, 06:00 PM
Hanson_the_fraud

Bullshiat he is best at playing the player. He is just lucky. Johnny Chan does a MUCH better job of reading a player. There's a reason why a lot of people who think Gus is lucky, and rightfully so. Sidenote: The only honor I would ever have by playing on Gus's table is when I call him on his 2-7 all in with my pocket Ks, so folks stop worshipping his arse. He's more lucky than good. Real players know that his aggressiveness is disguised by foolishness and incompetence.
Old 07-21-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I'm sorry but how exactly is it playing the man when a tightass player puts all his chips in with nothing less than KA or a pocket pair, and Gus only has 10-Qo and says "alright, lets gamble" and the other guy flips over K-A. Then, Gus gets 2 queens on the flop to win. Where is the skill in that? Absolute BS luck through and through.
OVERRATED

Gus Hansen is the most overrated player out there. In at least two of his WPT wins, he got extraordinarily lucky. He's no genius, he's just a very gutsy player and when he has a lot of chips, giving him a big margin for error, he becomes dangerous because he's willing to play anything.His style is similar to that of Hoyt Corkins. With a big stack, he trys to bulldoze people off the table, and if he catches his cards, it works.
Reality

Hansen has no bracelets and his best finish at a WSOP main event is 150th in 2004.His legend has been built soley on what he has done in the WPT.
JetsFan315

"Posted by: on Jul 22, 2005 - IP=211.28.76.240 I'm sorry but how exactly is it playing the man when a tightass player puts all his chips in with nothing less than KA or a pocket pair, and Gus only has 10-Qo and says "alright, lets gamble" and the other guy flips over K-A. Then, Gus gets 2 queens on the flop to win. Where is the skill in that? Absolute BS luck through and through."

u do know that every1 gets lucky once in a while. lets see u go against gus hansen heads up and see who wins
Unregistered

Gus is the man, every poker player is lucky. Get over it. He has great skills and is very intelligent.
Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
DK- from chitown

girls, he ain't all that, and if you keep giving him such attention, his already large cranium will swell even more so, to the point of encephalitis. he's a guy like any other that found his niche in life and he's reaping the awards. i've watched him play, and boy does he have some of the most predictable strategical moves i've ever seen. is there such a thing as luck- yes of course, and i'm sure he's had to use plenty of his share of it. remember, somebody has to win, and if he does, that doesn't mean that it was all about his talent or reads- chance is still a mathematical factor.
Old 07-24-05, 06:00 PM
toronto shark

who ever says gus is over rated does not know poker. this guy brings the most creativity to such a random game..he is an ingenious, fearless player and a natural winner.
Old 07-24-05, 06:00 PM
reality check

the retards who keep saying they would take down gus, you guys are hilarious, where's your millions of dollars, and are you playing at the $500,000 buy in tables in vegas....no you're not so quit talking shit, you don't make millions if dollars over a long period of time by getting lucky. Poker is a game of strategy, percentages and guts, and a little luck, if you don't have all those attributes you will never be a pro, so don't talk like you're the next brunson, you are not good, you are not a pro, fucking deal with it!
Old 07-25-05, 06:00 PM
Jesse/Secretz/michaelBlunk

Anyone that brings up luck truly does not know poker... Doyle Brunson has been playing the Agressive style for all his career and being a multi millionaire and a 2 times world series poker champ, there must be something else rather the luck HUH? Gus Hanson has courage to push it just like Doyle did. Not many players can do that. Gus Hanson is a master at reading his oppenets, knowing when they will chuck it makes him a great player. He also uses incredible mathmatical skills. People think he is lucky hwne he is the underdog and ends up drawing out but he is suppose to one-third of the time...
JetsFan315

he usally doesnt actually draw out what he does is he will pretty much bet anything and it will work. and for u new poker players, DONT USE HANSONS STRATEGY. he is an expect at reading and u have to be to use his style. hes too good with his aggressivness and his reading abilitys, thats how he wins. the reason he keeps rags like 7-2 suited is because he can make something out of it.
Unregistered

Seems fairly simple how to beat Gus in poker. Just play very tight-passive, limp in with premium hands and check the flop when u have made top pair, 2 pair, set. Then let this idiot bet big and go over the top ALL-IN. Then Gus will look down at his 10-6o garbage hand and muck it with fustration. I've also noticed that this guy bets unusually high with a great drawn hand (like if he has made trip 3's or whatever). So if the flop is rags or a low pair forms on the board, assume he has something and fold straight away.
JetsFan315

tight-passive is the WORST STRATEGY IN THE WORLD. i mean u dont play many hands and u dont bet big or dont bet at all.
JetsFan315

and thats not being tight passive its called check-raising. and lets see how that works for u against gus. he would woop ur ass.
jdtate/back2rags/jdtate

Well, I have to admit that I used to think that Gus Hansen was extremely lucky winning with some of the hands he plays. My thought was that his hand selection would ultimately get him into trouble from a statisical standpoint. "But how can you argue with success?" I thought.... Well, it turns out that Gus Hansen recently lost $4,000,000 (his total cash roll) in a $4000/$8000 game mixed with $150K PL Omaha. There are a few regulars who play this game in Vegas (Brunson, Ivey, Reese, Negreanu, etc.) and luck ran out on Gus. In fact, he borrowed another $4,000,000 from Chip Reese and lost that!!! So basically, Gus is broke and in debt four million bucks.Now, we've all played with maniacs or loose cannons who seem to get lucky and we think to ourselves "in the long run you're definitely a loser" and if you thought that about Gus, it turns out you were right.
toronto shark

yo tight passive is for suckers who get busted out in the first ten minutes.
Old 07-26-05, 06:00 PM
Fast Eddie

I laugh at all you degenerate ignorant 10year oldsthat think Hansen is a good player. Fact is, hisretarded plays have cought up with him and he isdead broke because of that. You can thank Doyleand the rest of the "Bellagio Big Cash Game" crewfor putting Hansen in a very very big hole.
JetsFan315

"Posted by: Fast Eddie on Jul 27, 2005 - IP=83.235.255.77 I laugh at all you degenerate ignorant 10 year olds that think Hansen is a good player. Fact is, his retarded plays have cought up with him and he is dead broke because of that. You can thank Doyle and the rest of the "Bellagio Big Cash Game" crew for putting Hansen in a very very big hole"

and how old r u 12. lets see u play hanson. and who told u he was broke, ur mommy. hanson does play rags but hes a great reader and is the most aggressive player i have ever seen.
Unregistered

"...degenerate ignorant 10year olds...". how long did it take you to think that one up?, you dork. and how the fuck would you know if hanson is broke? do you get his bank statements? does he call you and tell you about his bank roll? unless you're his bitch i think we can all be assured that you know jack shit. to everybody who reads this, fast eddie is a dilhole and he makes up funny stories so everyone will think he is important. but in reality he is 40 and lives in his parent's basement
Old 07-27-05, 06:00 PM
To JetsFan

So loose-aggressive is a better strategy? Much more likely to bust out then. How does this clown ever accumulate a chip stack early in tourneys? I can't see his Q-5 and 2-4's winning many coin flips.
Old 07-28-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

"Posted by: To JetsFan on Jul 28, 2005 - IP=211.28.185.105 So loose-aggressive is a better strategy? Much more likely to bust out then. How does this clown ever accumulate a chip stack early in tourneys? I can't see his Q-5 and 2-4's winning many coin flips."

so many ppl say that about my screename (god ppl get a new diss) and anyways lets see u play gus hansen and win. no one can get to that many WPT final tables with luck and win 3 of them.
JetsFan315

and no he i am not loose-aggressive i am just saying Hanson is a good player who can play the player great, that is why he can play those rags.
Wallacer

Man he is clearly one of the poker greats. Anyone ever watch the poker superstars tourney's? If he's not winning at the table of the best players in history, he's second at the worst. And buddy, trust me, he's not getting into showdowns with Q-5's and 2-4's early in the tournament, trust me. He's good at calculating pot odds and playing accordingly. We'll definitely continue to see him at final tables for years to come.
JetsFan315

"Posted by: Kneegrow Please on Feb 01, 2004 This clown gets lucky as hell and hes lucky im not there to chop his ass down"

u think u can beat him but u can say stuff like "Its obvious hes bluffing" and stuff like that while u see the cards. besides he is the most aggressive player i have seen. yeah he keeps rags but he makes it work.
GusTheDaneHansenFan

Ever since the "Big" win, he has been winning everything, like the superstars invatational. I think Gus is the best player in the game right now actually I KNOW THAT HE IS! hes my favorite player, how he bets is amzing, blows me away, its like he can look right through and see the other players cards HANSEN KEEP GOING AND BECOME THE NEXT CLOUTIER AND EVEN BETTER WAY BETTER! AA
JetsFan315

i aggree with u but with one exception, cloutier is good but not a legend.