Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-14-05, 06:00 PM
Hawaii People Love Jerry Buss!

Dr. Jerry Buss came from nothing and and MADE something of himself unlike some burn-outs out there. So he got rid of Shaq, but Shaq isn't crying like some people. He is loving Miami. Lakers can't win ALL the time!
Old 04-16-05, 06:00 PM
who are you kidding hawaii

the lakers cant win anytime. the lakers walk into a hotel and step into an elevator. the elevator operator looks at them and says 'basement'.
Old 04-20-05, 06:00 PM
Anti-Loser

Can you believe the nonsense? The Lakers have fourteen championships, more than all but the Celtics. The reason Shaq is no longer in L.A. is Shaq. Too much money, too much weight, not enoughin return. They should have got a better trade.Do you think Dr. Buss cares what you losers think?
Old 04-22-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

people keep it about poker and the player the article about. people are here to read about pokerplayers not baskeetball players
Old 04-23-05, 06:00 PM
Jetsfan315

The Lakers have fourteen championships, more than all but the Celtics)Oh yeah i declare the Celtics the best basketball team of all time.
Old 05-01-05, 06:00 PM
hellion

Keep in mind that Kobe has not been convicted ofanything. He was taken advantage of by an attentionseeking moron. Oh yeah, I declare the Celtics thebasketball team with the most championships of all time.
Old 05-03-05, 06:00 PM
wtf

Kobe was taken advantage of? Oh, yeah, you mean when he was CHEATING ON HIS WIFE? #%$@ him, if he get busted. He was stupid enough to put himself into that situation in the first place. And great job trading Shaq, Dr. Dickhead. You and your underachieving team can all go play golf together while watching Shaq in the playoffs on TV. You traded the most dominant player of my generation to placate a spoiled , ball-hogging, moral-lacking shit-sack. Great call.
Old 05-04-05, 06:00 PM
Fer Shizzle

Even though lakers didnt make the playoffs it was a trade that had to be done. Shaq wasnt gon lose all that weight if he would have stayed. He would have been the same fatass that he was the last couple years. Shaq only has 1 maybe 2 years left in his tank, while Kobe and company got plenty of more years to build upon. It was a BUSINESS move that had to be done.
Old 05-04-05, 06:00 PM
shaq haters

That "fat ass" doesnt seem to have any trouble in Miami. You build championship contenders and dynasties around that "fat ass". He led a bunch of average and also-ran Orlando Magic players to the finals in '95. Based on the Lakers performance this season its easy to see the presence of Shaq was the reason for the three titles. And if Miami goes to the finals, it will be Shaq's 6th finals appearence with 3 different teams. Do you see a pattern? Do you notice a trend. Wherever Shaq goes that team automatically becomes a contender to take it all. Face it, the truth is that Buss and Kupcheck dont have the balls to stand up to Kobe.
Old 05-05-05, 06:00 PM
frankie Tang

Hope you read this Dr.Buss, I'm one of the many very loyal Laker Fan(Silent-Majority), who believes in the Lakers as an Organization. I been a quiet fan all my life but with what is happening to the team today I just can't keep quiet anymore, pls Sir the Lakers don't need any more negative publicity(the Lakers isn't like one of those hollywood stars of whom no matter what kind of publicity they get it's great). Everytime a bad publicity happens(to the Lakers) We the loyal laker fans gets hurt. Haven't "We" gone thru enough! Isn't it enough that we have put up with the team going thru this rebuilding stage, do we still have to put up with all the unnecessary negative publicity your "Chat" in the net have brought about. Sir I Love the Lakers and it hurts alot to see what the team is going thru and it hurts a lot more seeing You the Owner start to alienate almost everybody from the media, to the fans. If your not going to hire Phil Jackson(or if your want to hire him then do so ASAP), then please move on and get a Coach that the team needs ASAP. Please don't put US thru another season like the one we just had, coz your gonna starting losing many fan with what is happening. And we all know that, that isn't good for the Lakers. Stop All the bad publicity.......Lakers forever!
bill

Your sign says: Shaq didn't do much to help the lakers last time they lost in the playoffs, what the hell makes you think he would have done anything different this time!!!! get a damn clue.
jeff

If...... you really think Shaq is a one man team. Sure if your down a few points throw the ball inside for him to run the *uck over somebody and get an easy basket., But he'll never really earn the points that Kobe has to work for.. By the way the Heat lose to the Suns Go Lakers..
kobe

Amen Brother!
Old 05-06-05, 06:00 PM
electric eye

Despite all of the negative comments about Dr. Buss,the fact is since 1979 when he bought the team, theLakers have won eight NBA titles, more than any other team since 1979. He grew up in poverty and now owns one of the most successful teams in all of sports. I am sure none of those critics have had one percent of the success Dr. Buss has had. He traded Shaq because he cost too much money. Shaq acted like he owned the team, he put his toe surgery off three months in 2002 which cost the Lakers a fourth consecutive title, then a yearlater at a preseason game in Honolulu he demanded acontract extension. Dr. Buss should have made a better trade, but if you are going to complain, seventeen of the thirty teams in the NBA have neverwon a title, so you should be happy with fourteen.
Old 05-06-05, 06:00 PM
Jerry Buss

Well spoken Kobe.
Old 05-07-05, 06:00 PM
Jetsfan315

Oh yeah, I declare the Celtics the basketball team with the most championships of all time.Exactly they have the most championships meaning there the best team of all history. And the Celtics are the only team that has one of their teams in the HOF that is still an active team.
Old 05-07-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Yeah best basketball team in HISTORY, but not in RECENT HISTORY, tell me this.. when was the last time the "Greatest Team In Basketball History" won an NBA championship? 1985-86? When was the last Lakers NBA championship? 2001-02. That being said Jerry Buss isn't a bad poker player...3rd place in the 1991 World Series of Poker seven card stud event and 2nd place in the 2003 World Poker Tour invitational.
Old 05-08-05, 06:00 PM
bloodstone

Eleven of the Celtics championships were won before1970. Amazing in their era. But the 80s Celticswould have no problem with the 60s Celtics, and the80s Lakers went 2-1 on the 80s Celtics.
Old 05-12-05, 06:00 PM
frankie

Dear Dr. Buss, if by your inaction you allow Phil Jackson to go to the Kings, the Knicks, or the Blazers then your making a mistake bigger than when let Jerry West go the Grizzlies! Please if there is any sense left in you, then do the right thing for once and bring back Phil Jackson. Give the Lakers some Coaching Stability and Leadership. Lakers Forever!
Old 05-12-05, 06:00 PM
frankie

Dr Buss, i dare you to prove that, the rumors being spread by PETER VECSEY(of NYP) ON who is really In-Charge of the Lakers are UNTRUE, coz if they are then the LAKERS are REALLY in BIG TROUBLE!. . .based on what happened last year...the LAKERS could end up replacing the CLIPPERS(A TEAM WITH A KNOW IT ALL OWNER) as the worst team in the NBA FOR YEARS to come . I'm not trying to look down on your son but if he is reponsible for the moves made last year then the Lakers are doing a "Sterling"(w/c is about letting the best players/coaches for the team go to rivals and opponent teams). If the Lakers really mean anything to YOU AT ALL, then....you would put a stop to all thEsE 'Rumors' and rehire Phil Jackson. as a loyal Laker fan i appeal to you END ALL THESE rumor mongering, talk and rehire Phil Jackson......Save the Lakers!!!!!
Old 05-15-05, 06:00 PM
TJT

Always plays scared. He'd fold to a doorknob.
Old 05-17-05, 06:00 PM
Jerry "Kobe's Bitch" Buss

I cannot believe you people are second guessing my genius. I mean, look how well we did this year compared to that fat failure Shaq in Miami!On second thought, maybe I should just crawl back into Kobe's ass and die.
nikunj

ITS NOT rebuilding its stupidity. WHO TRADES SHAQUILLE ONEAL FOR BRIAN GRANT, CARON BUTLER, and LAMAR ODOM. Who doesnt give an extension to probably the best NBA coach of all time, which every other big market team wants to sign. What team signs Rudy T to a 5 year 30 million dollar deal when he was worth half that on the market?PHIL isnt going to come back because kobe drove him out. How are the two of them going to get along when Kobe drove him out and phil called kobe uncoachable in his book. The only way hes coming back to the lakers is if they offer him 12 to 15 million a year to coach which probably wont happen. Kobe is never going to win another ring. SHaq will win a few more. I think jerry does care what we think. Last year most of his revenue came from the fans. About 67 million of it. If he doesnt care and fans dont show up he is screwed. If they kept shaq and traded kobe they woulf have gotten a couple more rings and a couple more future superstars in return.
nikunj

Jerry You Franchise Is Going To Drop In Value Like The Knicks Franchise. You Should Have Kept Shaq. If You Told Shaq To Loose The Weight And You Would Give Him The Extension He Would Have Done It. You Also Let Jerry West Go. Dont Lie To Yourself.
nikunj

Despite all of the negative comments about Dr. Buss, the fact is since 1979 when he bought the team, the Lakers have won eight NBA titles, more than any other team since 1979. He grew up in poverty and now owns one of the most successful teams in all of sports. I am sure none of those critics have had one percent of the success Dr. Buss has had. He traded Shaq because he cost too much money. Shaq acted like he owned the team, he put his toe surgery off three months in 2002 which cost the Lakers a fourth consecutive title, then a year later at a preseason game in Honolulu he demanded a contract extension. Dr. Buss should have made a better trade, but if you are going to complain, seventeen of the thirty teams in the NBA have never won a title, so you should be happy with fourteenIn response to the above: KNow team destroys a contending team. THe only team to do it was the BUlls and that was because they were forced to. MJ and phil retired. PHIL and shaq didnt retire this time. ONe was fired the other was traded
Old 05-19-05, 06:00 PM
TRAVIS KNIGHT

I used to play for the lakers. I am currently a basketball coach at UCI. I want to say something to you jerry. HOw stupid are you? Why did you trade shaquille oneal. I think you should have traded kobe or let him go and use the cap space to lure lebaron in a couple years. In the mean time you should have signed a short term solid player like to a two or three year deal. A player like shareef abdul rahim that would complement shaq
Old 05-20-05, 06:00 PM
electric eye

Funny how someone copied my letter word for word, and in their response, can not even spell correctly. Brilliant. Phil Jackson resigned. Shaq demanded a trade because He was becoming increasingly frustated with the fact that the world does not revolve around Him. It is just a matter of time before His contract extension issue comes up with the Heat, and He will not get what He wants, and the same nonsense that went on in Los Angeles will start in Miami. It remains to be seen if Shaq ever wins anything again. And it is no coincidence that these people who excessively criticize Dr. Buss are illiterate.
Old 05-21-05, 06:00 PM
nikunj

Lets remember something. Dallas won more games with Nash on the SUns and Lakers lost more games with Oneal of the HEAT. SHAQ IS THE MVP.
Old 05-24-05, 06:00 PM
nikunj

i wanna work as an advisor to the lakers gm
Old 05-25-05, 06:00 PM
why dont you trade kobe now?

his demands are ridiculous. IF shaq gave you 4 more years counting this season it would have been better than having kobe the cancer for 7 years