Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-05, 06:00 PM
topolo

I bluffed him with rags
Old 02-06-05, 06:00 PM
banker

How much money do players like Ivey, Chan, Juanda, Negranou, Hansen, and Lederer make in a year by gambling? Are they all millionaires?
Old 02-07-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

yes they are all millionaires ...
Old 02-07-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

Johnny "Oriental Express" Chan is indeed a great poker player. However, anyone who considers him "the best poker player of all time" is sorely mistaken. This should be reserved for Stuey "The Kid" Ungar who entered the No-Limit Main Event 3 times only to win all 3...undoubtedly one of the greatest poker players of all time.
Old 02-08-05, 06:00 PM
slickrick

i think i beat chan back in 80' twas a wonderful night, i got my d s'ed that night too
The Kid

Johnny Chan is a great poker player, no questions asked. Anyone in this room who claims they can consistently beat him is just blowing hot air up their own ass to inflate an already oversized ego. Nine WSOP bracelets says enough. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. Also, we won't see a household recognizable poker player win the WSOP anytime soon.
The Kid

Slickrick, you are obviously one of the least intelligent people to have posted something on this site...which makes you even more of an idiot then you would probably wish to believe. IF ANYONE HERE DOES NOT THINK JOHNNY CHAN IS A GREAT POKER PLAYER POST IT WITH EVIDENCE, NOT JUST OPINION...hint you won't find any because of how great he really is.
Old 02-12-05, 06:00 PM
puremind/oceangoing86

How rich is Johnny Chan? not a billionaire is he?
Old 02-27-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

he is one of the best poker players around...if u want proof watch the tournament of champions and how chan gets knocked out by a bad beat (10 10 to KK)...watch then comment.
Old 02-27-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

excellent player
Old 03-03-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

Hey...Can anyone tell me where I can get the tournament of champions DVD from? Is it even out?
Old 03-04-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

Yo poster before me why you gotta front on my man Stu Ungar's nickname. Look up the tournament of champions DVD online but I've seen it a million times. Chan is AWESOME!
Old 03-04-05, 06:00 PM
Rick

anybody that talks shit about these players on the profiles are ignorant fools...cause I don't see your on the profiles
Old 03-08-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

..Stu Ungar is a lengend and my fave player too kid!
Old 03-09-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

dutch boyd is the next stu ungar
Old 03-10-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

"Dutch Boyd is not the next Stu Ungar." Grant Hill was never the next Jordan. Boyd was hyped up in 2003 by Norman Chad...he graduated college at such a young age and so on and so forth. Although he may be a GOOD poker player, he has no hardware to prove it. You don't see him consistently competing with big name players in major tournaments. Stu Ungar loved to gamble and he was a GREAT poker player. He is one of only 2 people to win the main event 3 times....and he only entered it 3 times.
Old 03-13-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

"The Kid" you are a complete moron... ungar entered into the main event more than 3 times
Old 03-14-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

Check your facts you fool....he entered "the main event" 3 times and won all 3. 80, 81, 97 (after 16 years of hard cocaine abuse). Iveyfan i wish i could take ur money heads up...i mean it would be easy if u were as dumb at the table as you are in this room.
Old 03-15-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

ungar entered into the main event more than 3 times. The first two times he entered it he won, but he also entered it again a few times between 83 and 97, but he lost ( he didnt even make the final table those years).
Old 03-21-05, 06:00 PM
atal 216

its johnny fucking chan, just because he hasnt made the headlines in a while doesn't mean hes passed his prime. The man will sit down with anyone in the world and take their pride along with every chip in front of him, of all the times i've seen him beat they've been tough beats where hes been out drawn. Rarely outplayed. Chan greatest world series winner of all time
Old 03-21-05, 06:00 PM
peacefrog

John is definitely one of the greatest world series winners of all time, but not the greatest. As far as tough beats go.... did you watch the 2003 world series main event? chan got knocked out by moneymaker, and it wasnt anywhere near a tough beat.... chan called moneymakers allin with a mediocre hand, so it looks like moneymaker was the one who outplayed chan
Old 03-23-05, 06:00 PM
JSC/Killer/marfilina

If I read one more racist comments I will find you and we will talk.
Old 03-23-05, 06:00 PM
JSC/Killer/marfilina

You Crackers can e-mail me please.
Old 03-27-05, 06:00 PM
irsh79

johhny chan has never left, so he can't come back, he's just gonna win again, and again, and again. period
Old 04-02-05, 06:00 PM
Galactico

The man is extremely well versed in all variations of poker. You cant say that about many pros. As for the tourneys? Screw 'em...Genghis makes makes millions on cash games every year. Would love to see him go H2H against Mortensen and would love to see him play a good WSOP this year. Poker needs Johnny and not some party poker stud taking the lime light. And no I dont hate internet poker it does provide me with a hefty bankroll : )
Old 04-11-05, 06:00 PM
The Kid

Johnny Chan is not the greatest tournament player of all time. Stu Ungar is the best no limit player to ever play the game. Johnny along with phil hellmuth/ivey, howard lederer, daniel negreanu, doyle brunson, gus hansen, etc. are all great ambassadors for the game. Chan rarely gets outplayed and always has a chance to win.
Old 04-12-05, 06:00 PM
Keaneau Reeves

Dude, I loved the movie Rounders. In my humble opinion, Johnny Chan is one of the greatest actors of all time. I don't know why he didn't get a best supporting actor oscar. (But I don't know why I haven't gotten mine either) Look for Johnny Chan this summer in the action martial arts flick, "The Oriental Express Flops the Nuts"
Old 04-16-05, 06:00 PM
One Rich Bastard

Chan doesn't play too many tournaments because he doesn't need to. He crushes the biggest cash games around. As good as he's been in tournaments, he's even more feared in cash games. That's not something that can said of even Stu Ungar. Doyle and Chan are the greatest all around poker players in history.
And you dipshits

Need to be educated about cash games. The very best poker players don't need tournaments. You dipshit johnny-come-lately types think poker is all about the WSOP and WPT because it's what you see on TV. It's one thing to raise someone 100k in tournament chips. Try doing that with 100k of your own money! Hellmuth is a weak cash game player and Johnny is one of if not the best.
Stu Ungar

You people who think Stuey is the greatest ever need to realize that he isn't quite perceived that way among the best poker players. Again, I need to remind you that poker is not all about televised tournaments. Cash games are where the real money is at for professionals and Chan > Stu Ungar in that area. Chan is a better all around player than Stu.