Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-20-04, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Dutch Boyd's "Crew"

am i the only person who wants to mass murder those guys?
Old 10-05-04, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-04, 10:59 PM
Administrator

boyd is pretty good and i think fischman is a real player but they are still cocky as hell
Old 10-06-04, 08:09 AM

The arrogance they exude is wholey innapropriate. Just because you may be a capable player in now way gives you license to be an ass. Friendly "trash talk" at a table is one thing and is readily understood as such but it seems to me that some of the "new generation" of players need a healthy dose of humility and manners.

Lug
Old 10-15-04, 01:04 PM
Chad

They are okay. Some are a little too aggressive, while others are too conservative. They are not bad though.

By the way, did anyone see Doyle Brunson totally rape Fishman in the WSOP. He bluffs him out twice, and then gets him to call his pocket Ks pre-flop.
Old 12-03-04, 06:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Alaskan
Poker is a game that can rip at the soul and anyone who plays it should know that the crew's gimmicks are totally inappropriate. It's just me, but I don't think you should cheer until you've won the whole thing and have shaken the guy's hand (genuinely meaning it) and then if anything its a fist pump or something small. The shit those guys did was laughable, and reminded me of a Little League game if all the kids had facial hair (and one of the kid's was named Dutch and he was wearing little pink shades that looked flagrantly gay)

The best players in the world are good people. They realize that any emotional involvement, be it pissing and moaning about your opponent's outdraw or cheering for your own, takes you off your game. They also remember how bad it hurt when an outdraw or a mistake on their part was accompanied by insults and bragging.

I respect those players more because they respect others, and bring a form of honor to poker that lends it more legitimacy.
Old 12-06-04, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

dutch's brother

A few weeks ago I played in a nl rebuy tourny at the Borgata and Robert Boyd was at my table. He was cool but played like a maniac. He went all in 9 times in the first 15 hands. He busted me once 88 vs ak suited but 1hr later i busted him with quad queens. I was not impressed with his play at all. He even said that fischman was the real shark out of all of the crew.
Old 12-15-04, 11:04 AM

The Crew

Hey is they talk all that trash and win then so be it. If you dont like their trash talking then sit down at a table and take their money. Im not saying I like it because in the long run it will put more pressure on themselves. But you have to give them credit for winning some WSOP tournaments.

HMC
Old 03-27-05, 06:01 PM

I really don't care as I like the way they play, and find them funny as hell. If you have a problem with arrogance or people playing poker cocky, then I really couldn't give a damn. I think it is funny as all hell to see people get pissed for something that doesn't even affect you. Get over yourself.
Old 03-27-05, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

www.thecrewisgay.com

I stumbled into this website, someone actually spent the money and time to rip these guys. I just thought I should mention it. Yes, I think Scott Fishman is the best, by far. Boyd seemed to get lucky a couple years ago, and he ripped a lot of people off with his failed pokersite. Why did most the others work, and his sucked?
Old 03-29-05, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Fischman is a good player, but don't forget that he hit an absoulte miracle 7 to beat Joe Awada and got bullied by Doyle in last year's WSOP.

As far as Dutch and the rest of those clowns......The've played more poker on ESPN than I have.

Bradley (N.C.)
Old 04-06-05, 08:27 PM
Hammer

Boyd's site

check it out at [url]www.rakefree.com[/url]
Old 07-13-05, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Question what happened?

i dont know nuch about the crew, but what happened? Did they steal something? Please someone answer me
Old 07-13-05, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Dutch Boyd used to run an online poker site back in 2001 and it went under. People say he stole the money even though it was a third party payment processor that went under really.

You can read details about it under Dutch Bodys profile at this site
Old 10-18-05, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin
Dutch Boyd used to run an online poker site back in 2001 and it went under. People say he stole the money even though it was a third party payment processor that went under really.

You can read details about it under Dutch Bodys profile at this site

Found this little bit about it. I find his argument to be straight forward. It's not a bank or Credit Card company that "Loans" money. If anything it makes the interest on your Money!

Dutch's actions were much more than a "mistake". I would think it would be rule #1 in running an online site that the players' money would not be touched for any reason and would always be available to them. Even if the business was about to go under, the players should be able to be paid back. After all, the money the players had on deposit did not belong to Pokerspot, it was not an asset of the company.