Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
Tbone

Yes this guy had a lot of luck. As someone else pointed out... Making the final table requires at least some luck. But he was very aggressive and won a lot of hands when he was behind simply because he was willing to risk all of his chips. In the TOC he was definitely on tilt and should have quit calling all of Annie's all-ins. The glasses are a bit silly, but wouldn't bother me none. I do find it strange for a 35 year old man to be asking people to call him Fossil Man.
Old 10-10-04, 06:00 PM
tbroomhilda

i think he is a great poker player, i ordered a pair of his glasses and was told there was a law suit pending , I am still waiting to get my money returned to me , A lot of people may say he's ugly, we i think he's cute as hell and has a lot on the ball.
Old 10-16-04, 06:00 PM
thepokergods

a;ldskfj, this is why nobody likes your ass right there you have nothing better to do but rip on people now even though sometimes i disagree with pocket7s sometimes, he doesnt suck at poker i played with him
Old 10-19-04, 06:00 PM
rounderAA

shut up raymer is the man any one who can go out and win 5 million dollars is good at poker u need more than luck to win that much money out of 2500 ppl so what the guys fat hes good at poker isnt he and i promise he could beat you ne day stfu
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
Raymer sucks

at the final table Raymer got so fuckin lucky its unbeleivable. geez you dont need a pro to put the same amount of chips in the pot and out draw your opponents. Sure the guy knows how to play but so does every other 16 year old in the United States. The guy needs to learn a lot more. He got very lucky. Dont worry people Hellmuth, Lederer, or Brunson has got 2005!
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
Whitey

I think Greg is a nice guy. You could tell just by watching him on tv.
Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

Yes, Raymer was incredibly lucky at the WSOP. But who wouldn't have to be to win the WSOP?! He is a great player who happened to get lucky at the same time.
Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
NG.

Loose those stupid glasses!!!!!
Old 11-04-04, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

Raymer seems like a nice enough guy, I was hoping he'd bust Mattasou, and he did, but those glasses make him look like a dick. He also has to stop calling himself fossilman as if it were a cool nickname. I use my lamo name because I earned it, I'm a tight player and started getting called the brick I use my name here as sort of a joke, this guy is sooo serious about his name it's rediculous. I love when he introduced himself as fossileman and that kid didn't know what the hell he was saying. Whatever happened to guys named doc, Slim, as in Amarillo, or guys named after a city, now those are cool names. Kootos to Miami John Cernuto.
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
hey

two fat people won the main event back to back its just not right
Old 11-06-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

whats wrong with being fat this is america we invented fat...
Sammy the Brick

Let's start with the fact that being fat is unhealthy, unattractive, and unappealing. And America didn't invent fat, it's been around any country with abundance for millennia. I really hate it when people talk about America, and Americans as if we're the only fat people in the world, HE GENIUSES CHINA ENGLAND AND ITALY ALL HAVE A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF FATTIES THAN WE DO!!!
Sammy the Brick

just becuase I know you'll call me on it, it was HEY not HE
Art/Hydroblunt/mekrox

Bottom line that even Raymer himself stated that he was lucky. He did not deserve a lot of those hands and I have never seen someone get so lucky on AQ over and over and over.Good player NOT great. The cards came his way and he played them to the max. Even started making dumb bets and then getting lucky. Note how once he secured his position, he played conservative and kept the lead. Not some shmuck but a good player who had one of the best streaks of luck ever. The end wasnt even exciting cause he just got too lucky.
Old 11-07-04, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

I agree he had such a huge stack that the end result was what I and everyone expected. Though had I played him heads up I would have at least tried to chip away at his chips some not go all in on the under full like that idiot did. and I would have played tighter even heads up because any aggression would have been called or he would have forced him all in. I would have played the 20 hands and aces and of course pocket pairs aggressivly because I would go all in if pushed with them being that short anyway he is no beginner in the WSOP he's been their before and he's not a bad player. I know I've had streaks where i'm a huge chip leader and I just play marginal hands like KJ offsuit and put the shorties all in because I have the lead and I need to either steal pots of get lucky if i lose i lose very little.
Old 11-09-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Oh, so you mean he's a DICK? I think that's what you meant. True, he even said that he is a tight player. Which really means that he's a dumbass that just gets lucky and doesn't know how or when to bluff.
Old 11-11-04, 06:00 PM
Jesse/ "Meng The Master"

This guy got lucky almost every hand he was losing and that is why he won the Main Event. If you pay attention to the tourney's he entered since, you will see that he hasn't made it into the $ or won any tourneys. He is a one hit wonder and will prob. die of a heart attack from eating all the food he can buy with his $5 mil. Maybe he should take out a loan and don't pay the loan shark, so he will lose some weight from running away. What a dumb ass. He could have taken out a $10 grand loan and kept his winnings rather than lose half of it to a loan shark. What an idiot! Him and his fat wife should spend all his winnings in a year on food, if they dun die from heart attacks first!Oh... n by the way pocket 7's.... why would the pros be playing a 16 year old. It's obvious you a liar n loser!
Old 11-13-04, 06:00 PM
big joon

Saw him yesterday at WPT event at foxwoods he was out of the tourney real quick one of the first people out.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
AMIR FREDU

I Played In A Tourny With Greg At Foxwoods And He Kept Bring Hot Dogs To The Table And Getting Mustard All Over The Cards And When The Dealer Said Something He Ate The Dealer And The Cards And His Chips So He Was Out Of The Tourny Really Quick
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

It amazes me how much bitter jealousy and ignorance there is on this site. SOME of you people watch a few hours of ESPN and feel you have a perfect read on this guy. Yes, the glasses are goofy. But, Raymer does know what he is doing when he plays and like every other WSOP winner (or any tournament winner for that matter) got some great hands. If those of you who criticize him really play the game, you need to understand that luck is an element. Was Raymer the best player at the WSOP this year? No way. But that doesn't matter in tournament poker. What does matter is that Raymer knew how to manage his chips, too advantage of his good fortune re. cards and played solid throughout. I'll buy into the critics of Moneymaker since he did nothing before the 2003 WSOP, or since. But you guys are way off target with Raymer.
Old 11-17-04, 06:00 PM
Raymer is God

Fuck off everyone. Raymer is god and his glasses rule. He is a master of the percentages, luck had nothing to do with it at all, pure skill knowing when to play and when to chill out. Keep sucking your own dicks and playing your 7-2 offsuits.
Old 11-18-04, 06:00 PM
Stick Stickly

My nickname is stick stickly and i am the man. i CAN BEAT GREG RAYMER with my eyes closed. hahahaahha
Old 11-18-04, 06:00 PM
anglfish/heigert

Kudos to you, Greg. Anyone with any sense knows it takes luck and a whole lot of skill to win a WSOP. It seems being a poker champion has gotten some of these second-graders upset. I know you can handle it, I'm just sorry you have to. Best wishes to you and your wife. I think the glasses are funny and were an ingenious idea. If you are looking for a prodigy to train, I'm there.Lana
Old 11-21-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

Guys, I admit that I really don't play any big games at all but I wish I did. I just watch the WSOP videos all the time and like to pretend I'm playing with the pros. At times I go on internet message boards and brag about my imaginary games.
Old 11-24-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

what a fag your not the real pocket7s so dont try to be you dont have the skills to be me nor the money or good looks internet nerd
Old 11-24-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

oh and now im 17 mother f*ckers almost able to play in the poker rooms but i like cash games alot so ill keep playing in those games
Old 11-25-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Is pocket7s just another loser like Sammy the Brick? YES! However, he's not even old enough to play. Probably still attached to his mother's teet.
Old 11-25-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

bro firstof all now pro is gonna play with a 16 or 17 yr old ..youir idea of big money is a value meal at taco bell..that being said raymer had a great wsop..he was a gentleman and a joy to watch..he did get very lucky on a few of the heads up races , i do think that if he had to face action dan head for the 5 mill i think action dan would hve gotten the better of him..but it doesnt matter he won and congrats buffetboy,,u deserved it
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
thebigcahoona

yeah therealfossilman i know who youte talking about hes out of new mexico..yeah hes a bad ass poker player..ill give you that but he needs to get some recognition and get out there!!!!!!
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
St.Louis "T"

sammy whats up with youre name man the brick lol thats the gayest name ive ever heard