Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-04, 06:00 PM
Ron

POKER INFO - PROILE - Doyle Brunson

way past his prime.
Old 01-30-04, 06:00 PM
shaun

brunson is awesome! hes way better than u, and jus as well as anyone else!!! hes just old!
Old 02-04-04, 06:00 PM
holdem pro

I just don't understand how somebody who has never even played in a real tourny can put someone down that has won the biggest tourny known to man. Brunson yes old but can still play with any of the pros.
Old 02-11-04, 06:00 PM
Mario

I don't understand the first comment. Just writing that book and giving his knowledge makes him one of the all-time greats, besides winning all those tourneys.
Old 02-12-04, 06:00 PM
rookie

all-time great. the new players do not have half the gamble as brunson and he has much more class than them.
Old 02-14-04, 06:00 PM
Reed L.

I bought his book and ever since I have been playing a lot better!!!!
Old 02-21-04, 06:00 PM
mafiso314

how do you spell Brunson? GOD
Old 02-26-04, 06:00 PM
beener

been getting his ass kicked lately in the big games
Old 11-29-04, 06:00 PM
warwick

Doyle is a great player.He is still a winner in the big cash games,but doesnt play as many tournements these days,because he doesnt have the stamina needed (understandable when you look at him) he did how ever win a wpt event this year,so dont write him off in tourneys yet!
Unregistered

yes all hail the two time main event champion with fields of 30 and 54???? thats a joke...he won events with like 30-50 entrants and hasnt made the final table since AND since when is going all in in the dark such great poker...and poker is skill cuz between doyle and fischman doyle had the extreme skill to win a coinflip
djnpa_30

not so much the hand that doyle beat that punk fischman but its how doyle got in his head..doyle owned him.why is it that every pro says doyle is one of the best ever but you come in here , never doing anything in poker and dismiss him..its laughable...go put your 11 bucks up on an internet tourney,thats the level your on...dont knock guys like doyle until you are fit to be in the same room as them...
Old 12-22-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

warwick cotterill...brunson and the other "old guard" players like chip reese have a crapload of success in NLH. Just not in the little WPT tourneys you watch on ESPN. Its a pity they dont play the big World Series side games and other cash games on TV because you dont see any of these young tourney players winning them (like Negreanu, Ivey etc) instead you see the veterans taking all the money in the side games/cash games.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-23-04, 06:00 PM
Warwick Cotterill

Doyle certainly holds his own in the side games,and Chip Reese does even better.I'd say ive seen Ivey have more success at the side games than either of them two this year.Again like ive mentioned earlier im only saying what ive seen to be the case.Its hard to get much of a gage on how Doyle does he rarely plays long sessions at the bellagio these days.My main point was about Hellmuth though,you wont see him involved in any side action.
Old 07-03-05, 06:00 PM
FergyFan315.

he did something this year at the 2005 WSOP. He won his 10th Braclet
Old 07-03-05, 06:00 PM
James

I can't believe there's a million comments on some nobody's page...but there's barely any on the Legend's page. Whats the deal?
Old 07-05-05, 06:00 PM
Triumph Chop

Reply to James: The legend's career speaks for itself he's the greatest player of all time and his 50 year record of winning poker proves that.
Old 07-05-05, 06:00 PM
mercinary mike

astonishing player.gona be a shame wene he dies.
Old 07-06-05, 06:00 PM
Need Some Help

I'm looking for a good online poker spot. Not a fan of partypoker or pokerstars. Any other good ones? I'm looking for a site that offers cash games and tournaments and also has reliable payouts. All suggestions will be appreicated.
Old 07-06-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

hey Need Some Help i do use PokerStars and think its great but if ur not into that i suggest Full Tilt or UB i have both installed along with Stars.
Old 07-07-05, 06:00 PM
Meodee

Doyle Brunson is my favorive player to watch. He can still read the players, and still play the game better than any of the "NEW YOUNG GUNS" I LOVE IT WHEN HE TAKES THE POT!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHEN HE LOSES THE POT "HE WAS ROBBED BECAUSE HE HAD THE BEST HAND, AND PLAYED IT RIGHT!!!
Old 07-09-05, 06:00 PM
Sean Gecko.

Its actually a tribute to him if they beat him. It like "Hey the only reason I beat you is because I read Super System."
Old 07-09-05, 06:00 PM
dave

I think Todd Brunson will eventually live up to his father's legendary title. After all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 07-10-05, 06:00 PM
inajiffy

I picked up a top pair magazine and in it was an ad for one of the brunson poker networks for the fish tank, it promised a 100.00 match bonus with a deposit of 100.00 and to see site for details. i went on the site and there were no details on this match offer so i opened a chat with a rep there she said she would send me the details on email and when i received them it only said that i had to use the code i already put in and just deposit the money. i did and they didnt. although it was in writing and they had a copy of this they said that i had to earn so many player points to get the match. I know some sites just give you money and some do make you play for it but they said although the rep made the error they could not give me my 100.00....this is badddddddbusiness for doyal to get caught up in. they need to stand by their word so i would not recommend the fish tank ever (they know who i am by my nickname and they can still do right and give me what they promised)
Unregistered

he is one of the best poker player there is and ever will be

cant believe theres more comments on moneymaker being good than anything about doyle....moneymaker sucks...
Old 07-11-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

doyle is a great poker player its suck hes out this year in the wsop maybe next year hes going to win i hope or make it down to the finaly table
Old 07-11-05, 06:00 PM
The Quietman

Yes he is out but hey has 10 wsop bracelets tied with Johnny Chan. Chan got the 10th bracelet first.
Old 07-16-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

just to tell every1, Joe Macham won the Main Event in 05(this year). he made the final table of No Limit Hold'Em with re-buys this year so he is most likely not a fluke. he won with 7-3 offsuit(i know, i know it is a horrible hand but he made the final table of another event so he obviously is still good) he got a straight, 3 to the 7.
Old 07-19-05, 06:00 PM
loveland

doyle has more the got it. tenth braclet in this years wsop. you know this is good for espn and poker in general. goes to show he can still put up. besides does anyone remember doyle treating crew member fishman like his pesonal gimp?? that was poker school 101 and i love watching him kick the crap out of fischman. that was great poker
Old 07-19-05, 06:00 PM
loveland

oh yeah by the way, anyone heard of event winner and 13 million dollar winner at the cash games TODD BRUNSON?? gee wonder how he got so good?? hmmm DOYLE IS THE MAN nuf said. and no dissrespect to Mr todd. he is the one sitting at the table winning like his dad. but it goes to show you there is a system of winning in poker.