Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-18-04, 06:00 PM
Nik/Nik/nikman7

Gus's style will make you keep guessing once you believe you had him figured out. Unpredictable and in my eyes the best player in the world.
Old 12-19-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

nikman7, then your blind if hes the best player in the world
Old 12-19-04, 06:00 PM
Pokeroo-007

Gus Hansen Rules, I was watching him play against Hoytt low stacked,and he won 1st place, I respect him for his play, He made hoytt doubt himself, he gave him a lesson on poker. Gus you are my idol, I hope to mmet him one day!!
Old 12-22-04, 06:00 PM
Gwen

Is Gus sexy or what? He's just amazing
Old 12-22-04, 06:00 PM
Warwick Cotterill

We should all pay are dues to Gus Hansen..he is in their with the big boys playing the biggest cash games at the Bellagio and holding his own.Well done on graduating from the tournement scene and holding your own against the worlds best.
Old 12-24-04, 06:00 PM
SCREW U A HOLES

any of u ignorant ppl that talk trash about Gus Hansen obviously dont understand the game of poker. what they show on tv are only the hands with lots of action. if you've ever sat down with Gus Hansen at a table u would know he plays 5 strong hands for every one weak hand. So u shouldnt call it luck when a person lays down trips to him on the flop when Gus holds nothing. three hands ago Gus probably beat him in a showdown showin him a big pocket pair
Old 12-28-04, 06:00 PM
td8118

Gus is my favorite No-Limit Holdem for many reasons. One reason is his unstoppable agression. Another is ability to play post-flop. My favorite quality of Gus is his heart. He fears no one and can compete with the best and win (FSN Poker Super Stars) Hes also a mathematical genius who knows the number. Its impossible for anyone to be consistently lucky so ppl should realize this guys for real.
Old 01-02-05, 06:00 PM
MUPAWA

There are only two possible explanations for Gus Hansen's success, one is that he is psychic; the other that he has a deal with Satan. Either way, I hope I never run across him playing online.
Old 01-03-05, 06:00 PM
jack

you beat me out alot but i came back and one a pot im proud ahah
Old 01-04-05, 06:00 PM
Robert Dudek

A renown percentage player like Howard Lederer called Gus Hansen one of poker's deep thinkers. What do you think carries more weight - the opinions of Gus's peers or a collection of internet idiots?
Old 01-04-05, 06:00 PM
Proud Dane

Is Gus only lucky? What a bunch of losers some of you are. He is skilled, cold as ice and I love his agressive play. To all the wankers who think that luck has brought him near the top; get a grip and learn some more about Poker..
Old 01-05-05, 06:00 PM
Charlie / Denmark

I've just started to watch poker on television and in the beginning I didn't think that it was that great. Then, however, I saw one of Gus' wins on the WPT and I thought it was great. I like his aggressiveness and it is definitely players like him that makes poker fun to watch.... GUS RULES!!!!
Charlie / Denmark

This is Gus' comment to people thinking that he is just plain lucky:"I love that they think I'm lucky. I don't mind at all. I mean…let them just think I'm lucky. I think it helps me if, if people think I'm a little bit crazy because there's definitely rationale behind a lot of things I do. They might seem wacky but I'm not totally crazy... just a little bit."
wolfy14

second best player to negreanu, hell of a player
cognito20

I watch this guy again and again, and for the life of me I can't figure out how he does it. One amazing player, playing a style that would cause 99% of poker players' games to implode but that obviously works well for him. Occasionally, just for fun, I try to play in his style in online tournaments and I get my ass whipped on a regular basis...although, come to think of it, his style is based on superior reads on his opponents so it really wouldn't work very well online. One of the greatest no-limit players in the world, but I'd be interested to see how well he plays other, limit-format, games, especially cash games.
Old 01-06-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

i have heard that gus does really well in cash games..he plays at the bellagio alot agiant the whos whos of poker phil ivey, brunson,negreanu,chip reese....hansen is a truly sick player,, can never put him on a hand or a style...truly world class
Old 01-06-05, 06:00 PM
YoungGun

No one compares to Gus Hansen, u can say all u want about luck but luck doesnt get u 3 WPT Titles. Always play the player and it takes balls to win it all.
Old 01-08-05, 06:00 PM
aaaadk

go denmark
Old 01-09-05, 06:00 PM
Gus's biggest fan

I've found Gus to be a mentor. He takes a 6-2 offsuit and turns it into a winning hand. I've definately changed my game up a bit on hands I play after watching and learning from him. He is definately a wonderful player!!!
Old 01-09-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I am a huge fan of Gus but as "his biggest fan" above states that there are changing there playing style to play more like Gus. I understand wanting to do that but not too many people can do what Gus does and get away with it so be careful. That is what makes him so special! But I wish you tons of luck!
Old 01-13-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

a famous cardplayer once said "show me the luckiest guy in the room, and i will show you the best cardplayer"...i believe that man was Doyle himself...so take it for what its worth. I believe him. Gus is a hell of a player
Old 01-14-05, 06:00 PM
albo26

Some people might say he just win because he is lucky, and yes sometimes he is butTrue luck consists not in holding the best of the cards at the table; luckiest is he who knows just when to rise and go home. I like that crazy dane...because im crazy too and also from Denmark
Old 01-14-05, 06:00 PM
Big Gus Fan

Hej Gus, du styre simpelthen for VILDT!!
Old 01-15-05, 06:00 PM
ChiKane

Gus is a great player and his intertaining style will attract much attention to the game.lol btw saw Gus at Jazz House, Copenhagen partying last night. Wish I had a deck of A's he could have signed =)
Unregistered

@moxieripper on Dec 15, 2004 Hansen is the most common surname in Denmark :n
Molle3000

He's from Denmark!!! And we are very proud of him.
Gustav Hansen

Hansen is only the third most popular, after Jensen and Nielsen, but there are almost 250.000 hansen in a population of 6 mill.!! Gustav on the other hand is is a bit more rare, but coming up, only 3114 Gustav´s and 2777 the year before that. Now for the big question, how many Gustav Hansens are there.... only 98 in Denmark where he was born. See those facts you did not have on Gus.....
Iowa81

Gus is the best at what he does besides Stu ungar
Old 01-16-05, 06:00 PM
Kim Vestergaard from DK

Hey, im just another fan of Gus Hansen.... After they have startet to show poker all the time in TV we in DK see a lot to Gus Hansen, and he is with out a dout the coolest player on the tour.... how many tours has he won in 2003 and in 2004 ??kim- big fan
Old 01-24-05, 06:00 PM
hotsauce

gus hansen is a great player, holdem is not all about luck. luck has barely anything to do with the game, its all about how much you bet, reading your opponents, etc. people who say gus hansen just gets lucky are just retards