Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-12-04, 06:00 PM
Tryla

POKER INFO - PROILE - Ron Rose

lederer should have taken him to school at the wpt champion of champions.
Old 06-15-04, 06:00 PM
ka-bang

exits a winner in every field he enters. what more can you say?
Old 06-15-04, 06:00 PM
Tej

A great player and great person. I played a low limit game with Ron at Binions last week. He's a friendly character, and I enjoyed playing at his table for a few hours.
Old 06-16-04, 06:00 PM
wiz

I think he is one of the best.
Old 06-17-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

not a real player, in fact pretty bad player actually, cocky for no good reason, the pros destroy him all the time
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
sportsbettor

he is not a poker player, but an investor. the guy is so cocky and arrogant, it is scary.
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
Splat

Ya heard he was broke, and broke often.
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Ron Rose is a champ at every thing he does.
Old 07-04-04, 06:00 PM
brian

good player
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
Roy Batty

Long Live Mr Rogers!
Old 07-15-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

he's makin his way back from what i've heard. you need to shut your mouth unless you have a WSOP main event title to back it up.
Old 08-11-04, 06:00 PM
Med/MMAFAN/rockstarcell

this "investeor" just stole 600 grand from a fight and music/comedy show he was "investing" in in Sturgis and ran off with the cash. Causing millions of dollars in damage due to refunds, lost revenue and cancellation of HBO specials. If he ever comes back, he'll be arrested on the spot.
[url]http://www.graciefighter.com/?page=news&PHPSESSID=768bb85d6ca09ee385380d701f53f be3[/url]
Andy

This guy just robbed and organization of hundreds of thousands of $$, essentially shutting down the entire production(mixed martial arts and music show). If anyone sees him, grab him and beat him senseless.
N..

I was scheduled to fight on the show this guy ripped off. If I ever see him, They are going to need a DNA test to identify him.
Old 08-20-04, 06:00 PM
ron

Please delete the comments that are libelous and malicious regarding my stealing funds of 600 grand etc. It just isn't so! The IFC (Paul Smith, so it was reported) was mad that their fight was cancelled and has apparently made up these libelous and untrue statements. In fact, we paid the IFC $76,000 upon signing of their contract and another $76,000 was due the day of the fight (Saturday). It is true that I was the managing member of Sturgis 2004, llc and it is a fact that as managing member, I closed the Sturgis Music Festival after only three night's of artist performances for two main reasons -lack of attendance and no funds available to continue the performances. It was strictly a business decision with no chips left to put into the pot and I don't know of any poker player that would continue to add additional money (if you were allowed to dig) into the pot with this hand. For your information, the paid attendance was dismal, 548 on opening night with Creedence Clearwater Revisted and Bad Company's - Paul Rodgers, Sunday, the Rock Never Stops had 552 paid, and on Monday night - Hank Williams, Jr. a paid attendance of 1501. The total box office receipts for these three nights was approximately $100,000 of which Sturgis 2004, llc had to pay Hank Williams, Jr $75,000 as a final payment before he played on Monday night.(By the way, all artists were paid 50% of their contract at signing and the balances are due after sound check the day of their performance.) The balance of the Festival was Classic Rock Night with a prepaid box office attendance totaling 252, followed by BB King with 605, then Las Vegas Night with 20, then on Friday night with Comic Relief of 35, and finally, the IFC with 36 advance paid. Does that sound like a hand any of you would play? By the way, the venue held 15,000 and we built stadium type bleachers that held approx 7,000 people. It was a beautiful setup! Overall the venue was Class A. Everything looked great except nobody came to dinner! It is true there were approximately 500,000 bikers who entered Sturgis but they were more interested in riding their motorcycles around the Black Hills of South Dakota during the day and at night they basically went back to their campgrouds to relax. They didn't come to Sturgis to witness any Music Festival. In my opinion, they were there to ride there bikes and admire both their bike and everyone elses. The only music that they were interested in is what was being served up at their local campgroud in my opinion. Yes, our investment group Sturgis 2004, llc lost everything we invested and none of our group is happy about the experience. However, it is one thing to lose money in a business and another to have someone lie and makeup malicious statements that are totally unfounded. On the internet, it is so easy for one internet site to write what someone says and then have other internet sites pick this garbage up as fact. I could go on and on...but what's the use. Many of you know me and I rely on your each of you to know what I stand for; I'll bet the pot or go All-in but would never run off with someone's else money - not even a penny! I did everything possible to make this event successful. In the end, on Tuesday morning, once our controller gave me the paid attendance figures and total receipts of walk-ups of $34,000; the end came fast and furious - no funds left to pay even the artists on Tuesday night. Best Regards, ron rose
Old 08-21-04, 06:00 PM
Whitey5150

sounds to me like RR got the short end of the stick and is getting blamed w/o proof.
Old 09-06-04, 06:00 PM
Anonymous

Just a quick note re: Sturgis Music Festival....I personally know of two parties that were taken BEFORE Ron Rose was even involved in the event. One guy had $75,000 STOLEN from him, and another..several thousand not paid. So, why can't we
Old 09-08-04, 06:00 PM
Anon

Let me pose a quick question.....Isn't the job of the investor to give money, and the job of the producer's to make sure the event is successful and that all of the i's are dotted and all of the t's crossed? So why the 50 trillion news blurbs saying the investor failed to get a sales tax license.....Isn't that the producer's job???????
Old 10-12-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

this guy bluffs like theres no tomorrow. lucky ALL the time.
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

Geeze Ron, I feel bad you had a miserable experience and your partnerhsip lost money but enough of the poker metaphors. Makes it look like a cheesy press release.
Old 01-18-05, 06:00 PM
Poker Jon

Played with Ron this past weekend at Harrah's AC, a great guy and very friendly. Every time I see him on TV i will now be pulling for him.
Old 02-05-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Not very good. I liked how Howard made him fold pocket 10's with AKo.
Old 08-03-05, 06:00 PM
The Joker

This guy only won a WPT title because whenever someone got a pair or 2 high cards (AK, AQ etc) and went all-in he had a higher pair himself. For example, called TJ Cloutier's 5-5 all-in when he had A-A. Knocked out 2 ppl at once with J-J versus A-Jo and something else. Just got very lucky.
Old 08-15-05, 06:00 PM
Exceptional player

That was not an easy tournament to win by any means and he managed to do it. In my book, beating some of the best in the world places you in that category, but to do it with the class that he showed is comendable. Hats off
Old 08-04-06, 07:44 PM

you got lucky against Casey Kastle
Old 09-01-06, 11:42 AM

thanks ron

thanks for doubling me up at the bellagio 500 buy in, i flopped a set of kings, guess u had 3 aces, no good when i made my boat.
Old 11-30-07, 03:15 PM

Your money is good anytime here anytime Ron, you donkey LOL! See you at Harrah's in the near future