Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-18-04, 06:00 PM
andrew

POKER INFO - PROILE - Chip Reese

about time this guy is up here! but who are all these other new people?
Old 06-26-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

looks like the best cash money player in the world. this guy came to vegas with 400 dollors. ask him whats in his account today.
Old 07-14-04, 06:00 PM
YES!

Supersystem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-04, 06:00 PM
D..

Chip Reese is a world class poker player as well as an incredibly nice human being. Definetly one of the top greats of all time.
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
macdude420

Chip is the greatest cash game player in the world. His ability is legendary and the fact he was the youngest player ever in the poker hall of fame even though he doesnt have the tourney wins like a Johnny Chan, Stu Ungar, or Phil Hellmuth. We should all wish for 10 percent of his talent. Then we could all be millionaires.
Old 08-15-04, 06:00 PM
gotubeat

what a beat lastnight when gus callan all in raise from chip ak and gus had aj the flop was xax turn x and the river Bam j WHAT LUCK he didthe same to howard ledererhoward had pair of aqce went all in gus called with pokect 7 and with a 4% chance he pulled that 7 on the river that prick.
Old 08-30-04, 06:00 PM
5aces

Howard Lederer says he is the best overall poker player ever. End of discussion.
Old 09-25-04, 06:00 PM
steve L.

this guy is awesome
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
lil Doyle

than man is brillant, the best stud player ever
Old 10-21-04, 06:00 PM
Mike the Cop

Smart, good personal control, gentleman, heartand Class. Brunson doesn't hang out with loosers.If he had as much luck as some of these kids...WOW.But coulda woulda aside, for most out there, he could make an extra ten mil a year if he could just play what you muck.
Old 10-24-04, 06:00 PM
Hippichick

Great player! Lesser known but just as good as other popular players
Old 10-30-04, 06:00 PM
raul

the best kept secret player around.
Old 11-05-04, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

When I read Super System this guy just jumped at me and I've been a fan ever since. The mand is awesome, and like Hellmuth, Lederer, and many other top players he's one of the more unlucky players, while luck based guys like Hansen take the glory he lies in wait. To be that successful and that unlucky at the same time goes to show how great these players are. I'm an unlucky player who has done the well despite the unlucky draw outs I've been part of. Also though I know he's not reading this, I'd like to thank the man for making me a bad ass at the stud tables.On a final note it's sad to see people flood the Hansen, Antonio Asfandiari, and the other boards for guys who can't hold a candle to this guy and guys like Brunson and Reese, sad where poker has gone, just a bunch of young dicks talking about the lucky hot shot that plays like shit, but they love it. I'm only 23 and I know who's the man in poker and CHip is.
Old 11-08-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

Did you see the last tourney of champions he was in. Horrible beat. He goes all in against Howard Lederer with 3 10s while Howard only has 2 10s with an A kicker. Howard then caught running hearts for the flush. One of the most horrible beats I've ever seen.
Old 11-24-04, 06:00 PM
pebble dash

Probably The Best All Round Poker Player In The World,i Should Know Hes Taken All Of My Money.
Old 11-27-04, 06:00 PM
virgil

Chip went to Vegas after graduation with Danny Robinson, both excellent 7 card stud and gin players. I played many times with both of them here in Dayton with Gerry Crouch and Gracie. They won big and they won quick.
Old 12-08-04, 06:00 PM
Tourney champ

This guy is awesome just read his stud section in Supersystem
Old 12-11-04, 06:00 PM
mje

If Lederer isn't the unluckiest player, Chip Reese has that title. He is an all time great who has won only half of the titles he should. Over a career luck plays a big role and for Chip, especially lately, his luck has been almost unthinkable. I cannot fathom how many times he has had the best hand by a mile in an all-in situation and been beaten by crap hands that draw out.
Old 12-21-04, 06:00 PM
Chad

yes, he plays very well, and only loses on bad beats. I can relate. I lose big pots in a row when my odds are usually between 19 to 1 and 4 to 1.
Old 01-01-05, 06:00 PM
Brad/Brad C/ Brad

They guy that made a crack on Doyle Brunson should be banned. The man is a ridiculous legend in the poker world!
Old 01-05-05, 06:00 PM
cognito20

Chip is the best overall cash-game poker player in the world...an absolute dyed-in-the-wool super-expert in every form of poker there is. I have not seen him play in many tournaments so I don't know where to rate him among the tournament players...probably as one of the better players, but not one of the best - although if he was to start concentrating on tournaments he would be among the best, if not the absolute best, in almost no time flat. But if I had to play a cash game with my life on the line, he is the person I least want staring at me across the felt in the history of poker, and that includes Doyle and Johnny Moss. The only game he is probably the undisputed #1 at is &-Card Stud, but he is probably among the top 10 in the world in cash games in -every- format, and that's unfathomable. An absolute legend.
Old 01-05-05, 06:00 PM
cognito20

should be 7-Card Stud above, sorry
Old 01-11-05, 06:00 PM
uk defender

I completetly agree with the above.A legend.
Old 01-15-05, 06:00 PM
tomsrf

Back over 40 years ago when I coached my son in little league baseball in Dayton, Ohio (actually Centerville which is a a suburb of Dayton), I had Chip on my team. He was also called "Chip" at that age so I know he didn't get that nickname from his poker playing. . He was sort of portly then and always swung for the fence He was a good kid to know. He also played little league football as a Centerville Wee Elks (named after the high school team.)Tom FieldBoca Raton, FL
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
Chip Reese

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
Old 02-05-05, 06:00 PM
KSTBizness

It goes without saying that Dartmouth is very proud to have you amongst its graduates.
Old 02-21-05, 06:00 PM
PK.

Chip-You should come up to Dartmouth and give a talk on poker at your dear old alma mater. The granite of New Hampshire calls you!
Old 02-27-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

excellent player
Old 03-04-05, 06:00 PM
Jerry

I played with Chip's son in a low stakes, no-limit game on the Strip. The kid might be as good as his dad some day. He still has a lot to learn, but he shows incredible patience for a young buck.
Old 03-12-05, 06:00 PM
meta kid

i took CHIP for 350k last month in the big game..OVERRATED!!